FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Apr 16, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #1,533 of 3,064
If we're going to get fussy I wish Fidue hadn't gone for blingy gold faceplates, it could have been more stylish with simple colour coded faceplates with their logo on it (blue & red). Apparently in China 'gold' is very popular bling accessories, and this is why that coloured faceplates (just a theory I heard) To the Westerner world it makes them look a bit toyish. In saying that, its splendid that's all I have to complain about A83.

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #1,534 of 3,064
  If we're going to get fussy I wish Fidue hadn't gone for blingy gold faceplates, it could have been more stylish with simple colour coded faceplates with their logo on it (blue & red). Apparently in China 'gold' is very popular bling accessories, and this is why that coloured faceplates (just a theory I heard) To the Westerner world it makes them look a bit toyish. In saying that, its splendid that's all I have to complain about A83.

Very valid view, improperly used gold can be garish. But to illustrate how end users and reasonable people can respectfully disagree: I think the on the A83's the rather subdued shade of gold on the faceplates looks very handsome and rather classy. Totally agree we are fortunate to merely have some minor style points to disagree over regarding these well-built, great sounding IEM's.

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #1,535 of 3,064

Very valid view, improperly used gold can be garish. Bbut to illustrate how end users and reasonable people can respectfully disagree: I think the on the A83'sthe rather subdued shade of gold on the faceplates looks very handsome and rather classy. Totally agree we are fortunate to have some minor style points to disagree over of these well-built, great sounding IEM's.

Totally understand, it does grow on you, I don't disagree some may find it elegant. For me the blue / red faceplate coding has been on my mind since day one. I've read comments from members describing A83 as some kind of Wonder Woman accessorie . 
tongue.gif

I must ask this question and the location doesn't matter, but what country are you from? 

Btw: I still agree DX90 / A83 is a top pairing. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #1,536 of 3,064

Totally understand, it does grow on you, I don't disagree some may find it elegant. For me the blue / red faceplate coding has been on my mind since day one. I've read comments from members describing A83 as some kind of Wonder Woman accessorie . 
tongue.gif

I must ask this question and the location doesn't matter, but what country are you from? 

Btw: I still agree DX90 / A83 is a top pairing. 
wink_face.gif

That IS funny! PM sent.

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #1,541 of 3,064
I think one needs to define upgrade, what areas they're looking for improvement. My (more expensive) Aurisonics ASG-2 sound more natural than A83, the headstage is also quite a bit bigger, it does sound more like an actuall live presentation rather than the semi-analytical production A83 puts across. But in all honesty, when I run A83 with a strong source ( DX90 / Alien) they can keep up in detail retrieval next to ASG-2, just lending a fraction of it from brighter tonality and more presence in the upper mid range. ASG-2 is thicker weighted overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back