FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Feb 1, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #1,201 of 3,064
  DO NOT TWIST. Straight pull.

Thanks for the heads up. 
biggrin.gif

Does your A83 wiggle a little from left and right?

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #1,204 of 3,064
Generally exacerbate. Too bright on Sony hybrids makes me thinking of keeping away from this one. Sony hybrids are great treble tamers.

I've been trying to tame the sibilance on mine. The tip that worked best for me was the triple flange tip I got with the brainwavz S1. But I am currently using a pair of JVC spiral dots. Now I have used sony hybrids in the past, and while I consider them to be good, they are nothing compared to the spiral dots. The spiral dots are the most comfortable single flange tips I have ever used. I have dry ears and tend to get irritated within minutes of IEM use (which is why so many of my IEMs tend to sit while I use cans). But with these tips, I fell asleep last night with Triplefi10Pros jammed in my ears. YES, that's right! TFI10 and SLEEP. Not only did they sound fantastic, but they were so comfortable and snug that when I woke up in the middle of the night I still had them firmly lodged in my ears. Today upon initial listen I had my doubts about the spiral dots being able to tame the sibilance on my A83s since they're no matter what, a set of single flange tips. I was recommened Vmodas Bliss 3.0 in the past. But the crooks at Vmoda never sent me the pair. 10 bucks wasted that I wish I had put into the JVCs sooner. The sibilance wasn't immediately gone on the first few songs, but later on I noticed virtually no sibilance at all. So I need to test the tips out a bit more before concluding. But so far, they are just amazing. Currently planning on buying several more sets of these to replace all regular silicon tips.

They're only downside is cost. A staggering 2 dollars per piece. you will pay 12-16 for 6 pieces or 3 pairs. I can get them locally here in Korea for around 10 dollars a box. But I am not regretting the purchase at all.  

Absolutely agree, the JVC spiral dots are best tip I've tried for the A83. They tame the upper treble just enough to soften the occasionally unpleasant brittle upper treble and preserve the wonderful musicality, mids, bass and soundstage.

Feb 1, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #1,206 of 3,064
Still waiting for my fidue A83 T_T, hurry up massdrop

Anyway, where do you guys buy jvc spiral dot tips , is fidue a83 fit for all size?

Regards,
vayz

In U.S. readily available on Amazon. Fits the A83 nozzle well. You may want to order in a size one bigger than you usual do as the A83 seal is more superficial / outer ear.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #1,207 of 3,064

Absolutely agree, the JVC spiral dots are best tip I've tried for the A83. They tame the upper treble just enough to soften the occasionally unpleasant brittle upper treble and preserve the wonderful musicality, mids, bass and soundstage.

Same here! I've been using the spiral dots from my FX850 and find a noticeable improvement as well. It also opens up the sound a little. Funny thing is while the Medium spiral dots work best for me with FX850, they are a total failure with A83 due to different shape of iems (I loose all the bass with Mediums). But the Large size Spiral dots work nicely.

The FX850 and A83 are SOOOO different sounding, everything is different, bass mediums, Highs, two completely different beasts!

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #1,208 of 3,064
I also ordered these (from Japan) and am eagerly awaiting them.

As to size, I bought some Sony silicons (in Large) and found that, because of their length, they didn't really give me a great seal and consequently I lost the bass.  The A83 is very particular about tips and tip depth.  My Radio Shack silicons work quite well, (a bit longer than the Sonys) and I'm hopeful that the spirals will be an improvement on them (especially for the price).  

Generally, the Fidues seem to work better if you get tips one size larger than those you usually use.  

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #1,209 of 3,064
PM me if anyone wants a set of Fidue A83.

Was curious about them but decided I didn't need them.  I am selling mine BNIB.  

Shipping is on me (CONUS).

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #1,213 of 3,064
Actually quite a smart move on Fidues part, given the quality of the stock cable, and some of the issues with failure rates with the MMCX connectors. I wonder if the pricing will also come down a bit given a drop in cost?

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #1,214 of 3,064
well, here in South Korea it remains the same at 365 dollars for either A83 or A83F. It's just a choice offered to buyers if they want fixed cable or not. I've never had any issues with mine or the Shure I own. In fact, I've been pretty lucky with all my replaceable cable earphones. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #1,215 of 3,064
I had my initial unit cut out - so I got a replacement.  I know one or two others have had similar. If I had my choice again, I'd have probably just got the fixed cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back