FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jan 26, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #1,187 of 3,064
The iem does not make sound on its own.  Either you are hearing microphonics from the cable or earpieces rubbing on skin/hair or sound is coming from your pc.  Unplug the iems when you hear sound as you describe.  If it continues, microphonics.  

Or you've got the only iems in the world that play on their own.  Unplug them.  

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #1,189 of 3,064
  I think it is coming from my PC. The airy noise seem stop when I re-plug it into the computer. I would have to do this every time, wonder if it is cause by my Motherboard Soundcard.

Due to A83's lower than average 11ohm impedance its quite susceptible to attracting noise, especially from a soundcard or something which isn't designed for sensitive IEM. You'd be better off looking at purchasing a little dac/amp and getting a cleaner signal to your A83.

Something like the SMSL M2 would be a decent little addition.

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #1,190 of 3,064
You mean smaller bore tip? It decreases the perceived soundstage, but emphasizes midrange so you have a more intimate feel with music. However, i find wide bore tips better for instrument separation and wider soundstage.

Can you comment on your experience with wide versus small borre tips regarding treble extension? I am currently using Sony hybrid tips, fairly small bore and fit / sound is great except the upper treble frequencies can sound brittle and fatiguing at times. Would wider bore tips improve or exacerbate this?

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #1,192 of 3,064
They are silicone, not the foam cored hybrids which I have been unable to find.

Jan 30, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #1,194 of 3,064
biggrin.gif
 yea I pulled the trigger at 260. You can sign up for price drop notification on camelcamelcamel.com

Jan 31, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #1,195 of 3,064
I've been trying to tame the sibilance on mine. The tip that worked best for me was the triple flange tip I got with the brainwavz S1. But I am currently using a pair of JVC spiral dots. Now I have used sony hybrids in the past, and while I consider them to be good, they are nothing compared to the spiral dots. The spiral dots are the most comfortable single flange tips I have ever used. I have dry ears and tend to get irritated within minutes of IEM use (which is why so many of my IEMs tend to sit while I use cans). But with these tips, I fell asleep last night with Triplefi10Pros jammed in my ears. YES, that's right! TFI10 and SLEEP. Not only did they sound fantastic, but they were so comfortable and snug that when I woke up in the middle of the night I still had them firmly lodged in my ears. Today upon initial listen I had my doubts about the spiral dots being able to tame the sibilance on my A83s since they're no matter what, a set of single flange tips. I was recommened Vmodas Bliss 3.0 in the past. But the crooks at Vmoda never sent me the pair. 10 bucks wasted that I wish I had put into the JVCs sooner. The sibilance wasn't immediately gone on the first few songs, but later on I noticed virtually no sibilance at all. So I need to test the tips out a bit more before concluding. But so far, they are just amazing. Currently planning on buying several more sets of these to replace all regular silicon tips.

They're only downside is cost. A staggering 2 dollars per piece. you will pay 12-16 for 6 pieces or 3 pairs. I can get them locally here in Korea for around 10 dollars a box. But I am not regretting the purchase at all.  

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #1,196 of 3,064
  I've been trying to tame the sibilance on mine. The tip that worked best for me was the triple flange tip I got with the brainwavz S1. But I am currently using a pair of JVC spiral dots. Now I have used sony hybrids in the past, and while I consider them to be good, they are nothing compared to the spiral dots. The spiral dots are the most comfortable single flange tips I have ever used. I have dry ears and tend to get irritated within minutes of IEM use (which is why so many of my IEMs tend to sit while I use cans). But with these tips, I fell asleep last night with Triplefi10Pros jammed in my ears. YES, that's right! TFI10 and SLEEP. Not only did they sound fantastic, but they were so comfortable and snug that when I woke up in the middle of the night I still had them firmly lodged in my ears. Today upon initial listen I had my doubts about the spiral dots being able to tame the sibilance on my A83s since they're no matter what, a set of single flange tips. I was recommened Vmodas Bliss 3.0 in the past. But the crooks at Vmoda never sent me the pair. 10 bucks wasted that I wish I had put into the JVCs sooner. The sibilance wasn't immediately gone on the first few songs, but later on I noticed virtually no sibilance at all. So I need to test the tips out a bit more before concluding. But so far, they are just amazing. Currently planning on buying several more sets of these to replace all regular silicon tips.

They're only downside is cost. A staggering 2 dollars per piece. you will pay 12-16 for 6 pieces or 3 pairs. I can get them locally here in Korea for around 10 dollars a box. But I am not regretting the purchase at all.  

Very interesting and I will definitely give them a try. Tha nks for the "tip."
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back