FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Nov 22, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #842 of 3,064
I use the S500s, as they fit me better.  The only issue I have with Comply is that they degrade and get soft over time.  Either they get spongy and don't give a good seal or they begin to shred.  Takes more than a month (sometimes two) to start doing that, and I use them when I walk, so heat and sweat obviously are factors.  But they sure are comfortable and they let the Fidue sound shine.

Nov 22, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #844 of 3,064
No idea.  I was buying the 500s for my TF10s, just still buying them.  
regular_smile .gif

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #846 of 3,064
S 500 Active

Specifications:
Colors: Charcoal, Blueberry, Schnozberry
Height: Medium: 10.67 mm ± 0.75 mm (0.420" ± 0.030")

Diameter at proximal end (end attaching to device):
Medium: 12.95 mm ± 0.75 mm (0.510" ± 0.030")
Materials: Polyurethane foam, thermoplastic elastomer (all RoHS compliant)

S 400 Active

Specifications:
Colors: Charcoal, Blueberry, Schnozberry
Height: Medium: 10.67 mm ± 0.75 mm (0.420" ± 0.030")

Diameter at proximal end (end attaching to device):
Medium: 12.95 mm ± 0.75 mm (0.510" ± 0.030")
Materials: Polyurethane foam, thermoplastic elastomer (all RoHS compliant)

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #848 of 3,064
Tip rolling all weekend. I'm getting a good enough seal to hear the presentation well, and believe me, I like what I'm hearing. With regards to SQ, these are the real hybrid deal.

However.

Because of fit issues related to the shape of the housing, they're now up for an IC. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #850 of 3,064

Me? I haven't tried either of those to comment, but I would imagine both will be excellent. Why not an Alien though? Save heaps of $$$ and still enjoy epically good sound!
wink.gif

If you don't mind some hiss with your music. And no screen, and never mind the UI, or lack of.

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #851 of 3,064
Tip rolling all weekend. I'm getting a good enough seal to hear the presentation well, and believe me, I like what I'm hearing. With regards to SQ, these are the real hybrid deal.

However.

Because of fit issues related to the shape of the housing, they're now up for an IC. 

This is terrible news, terrible.

If you don't mind some hiss with your music. And no screen, and never mind the UI, or lack of.

Have you heard one mate? You seem pretty confident with an opinion. Honestly, the hiss with A83 is minor, not a real issue in my ears.

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #852 of 3,064
This is terrible news, terrible.
Have you heard one mate? You seem pretty confident with an opinion. Honestly, the hiss with A83 is minor, not a real issue in my ears.

Stand corrected, as I haven't heard it, but still any noticeable hiss can be bothersome.
Still no screen/UI would  be a deal killer to me.

Cheers.

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #854 of 3,064
Stand corrected, as I haven't heard it, but still any noticeable hiss can be bothersome.
Still no screen/UI would  be a deal killer to me.

Cheers.

and 50hrs (atleast) battery backup min for no UI,no screen/display,no EQ shd've been a very little fair enough......to its original 8hrs.....very reasonable for its size.

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #855 of 3,064
and 50hrs (atleast) battery backup min for no UI,no screen/display,no EQ shd've been a very little fair enough......to its original 8hrs.....very reasonable for its size.

I don't think you guys understand the sound Alien puts out, you're all specification flexing.

People are literally selling their X5 units, one review putting the sound quality above an AK120 Titan, if we can get that (even above X5) for $189 the rest in my world is irrelevant. I'd like to see a DAP such as HM-601 with it's 6-8 hour run times match this level of sound (which I have owned btw). 
wink.gif

When I pair A83 with Alien it leaps past most other gear I have on hand. There's a reason why there's no UI, screen, internal memory, also why it doesn't even connect to PC, and that's contributing towards Alien sounding so good. These guys who designed Alien didn't say: "oh they don't need a screen, they don't need UI, we're too lazy" it was intentional to keep the sound pure as possible without anything interfering.

And you know what? It bloody well worked!

Sure, you could have 50 hour run times with a device twice as thick supporting a huge capacity battery or limiting the output power to peanut levels, there must be leeway each way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back