FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Sep 30, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #198 of 3,064
Double Trouble...

Now to drive myself crazy for the next 3 hours A/Bing seeing if one has a slight edge over the other. (I'm joking, I'm joking)

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #199 of 3,064
For anyone wondering what the A81 dynamic driver IEM from Fidue sounds like - I've posted a review here.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/736565/review-fidue-a81-warm-smooth-dynamic-fun

I'm not usually a warm, bassy IEM fan - but these are growing on me .......

A83 still number one - but these A81 are pretty nice when you want to mix it up a little 
wink.gif

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #200 of 3,064
  For anyone wondering what the A81 dynamic driver IEM from Fidue sounds like - I've posted a review here.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/736565/review-fidue-a81-warm-smooth-dynamic-fun

I'm not usually a warm, bassy IEM fan - but these are growing on me .......

A83 still number one - but these A81 are pretty nice when you want to mix it up a little 
wink.gif

I really wanted to try the A81s, but just couldn't get them to fit my ears at all

Sep 30, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #201 of 3,064
Took me quite a bit of tip rolling to get the right fit (Complys were almost too tight on the nozzle) - but I'm pleased I persevered.  Sony hybrids worked pretty well too.

I'm lucky - I get a perfect seal in a couple of seconds with these.

BTW - love the new avatar Lachlan :)

Sep 30, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #202 of 3,064
  Took me quite a bit of tip rolling to get the right fit (Complys were almost too tight on the nozzle) - but I'm pleased I persevered.  Sony hybrids worked pretty well too.

I'm lucky - I get a perfect seal in a couple of seconds with these.

BTW - love the new avatar Lachlan :)

LOL - thanks - I have a little library of crazy animal pics so I can always have something new and smile-worthy

I managed to find tips to fit the A81s, but my ears just don't fit the slightly larger nozzle on them. I have similar issues with large bore universals like JH universals, Mentor universals, and the Noble universals I think (but want to try again so I can consider the Noble 4 in the future)

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #204 of 3,064
  One of them pair has been been to NZ, so don't be alarmed if you hear some faint "baaa....baaa...baaa" when there is no music playing, it is totally normal...

You can tell the difference, any lyrics that shape like "fish n chips" sounds different on the NZ pair. 
tongue.gif

Sep 30, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #205 of 3,064
Ah - but they are world beaters when worn on a rugby field ......

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #207 of 3,064
  Ah - but they are world beaters when worn on a rugby field ......

Can't argue with that, I would be glad to admit that we have nothing over your rugby team...
tongue_smile.gif

Used to love to watch the in-your-face Hakka routine but then everyone got scared and the world sport ruled that Hakka can only be performed 'within a safe distance (100m) from the opposition'...BAH!!!

Nothing better to watch the old routine when McCaw took it right up to Gregan's face hahaha...

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #208 of 3,064
It's one of the few sports we can claim the world number one spot - unlike our Aussie cousins who (with your population and resources) tend to do better in most other sports. Funny how the Kiwis and Ockers can be such fierce rivals on a sports field and such great and loyal mates off it :)

Oct 2, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #209 of 3,064
I'm considering this or the ATH-IM03 (Which I have on backorder on Amazon)

Does anyone has any comparison to make between the two? I know the Fidue is a different beast to some degree. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back