FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Oct 20, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #316 of 3,064
Having a very hard time deciding between these and the fidue A83

Oops. Wrong thread. Meant DN2000

im riding the same boat as you , except i already own Fidue A83's .
But im having fit issues. Maybe DN2000 will shine like Fidue's but with better fit. Atleast thats what im hoping.
Quote close to pulling the trigger on DN2000, in case i dont find any worthy iem soon. :)

Oct 20, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #317 of 3,064
I heard a lot of people complain about the fit and comfort of the DN2000. I am interested in the A83s due to the replaceable cables and the design. I think they look sorta cheap, but I am not a huge fan of Dunu's cylindrical design either. Man, I can't decide! Sure I have accidentally killed one or two of my IEMS, but I can't imagine what it would be like to kill a pair like the Dunu. 

Oct 20, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #318 of 3,064
Fidue is way better, unless you really like a strong bass floor under everything no matter if it is there in the mix or not.  That's why I sold mine.  Lovely bass, just always there, even when it wasn't supposed to be.

Oct 20, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #320 of 3,064
  Fidue is way better, unless you really like a strong bass floor under everything no matter if it is there in the mix or not.  That's why I sold mine.  Lovely bass, just always there, even when it wasn't supposed to be.

@olddude : Can you comment on the Isolation of DN2000 vs Fidue A83 and also DN2000's isolation vs DN1000's.
And also the Fit of DN2000 with Comply Tips, Do they fit snugly vs Fidue's ?

Really? I heard that the DN-2000 is lacking in bass? Does that mean that the DN-1000 has way too much?

I am reading that the DN2k's have lower response but more controlled vs DN1k's.
DN1k's have more rumble vs DN2k's.

I would also appreciate if someone can compare Fidue's Bass vs DN 2ks bass.
gs1000.gif

Oct 20, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #324 of 3,064
Yep, sorry, I saw Dunu and went for it.  The 1K is very Bassy.  Can't say about the 2K.

I liked the fit of the Dunus, wire-down.  They fit well with Complys.

The Fidues are more finicky, but I've got tips that work now (Radio Shack Large Silicons), made a slider to cinch it up, and will soon get a clip for the cable.  No real problems with fit anymore, and I use it for walking.

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #326 of 3,064
You will be a happy camper.  Remember they need time to burn-in (2-3 hours to start, although I started listening immediately because, well, I was psyched, and 100 hours to "finally get there").  Every day I listen to them, and every day I smile.  The uppers are really spectacular, no sibilance, and any kind of percussion/strums/bells in that frequency area just are beautiful.  The mids are spectacular as well, I thought Brooko and H2O were pulling my leg about male voices but compared to my Altones (which I really like) male voices just have more presence.  Female voices on both iems are very very good.  The Altones have a bit more bass, but the Fidues bass is very very good.  If it's there, you will hear it.  Timbre is wonderful, things sound full when they need to.  Whatever magic they did to make these things, it worked.  A very smooth sound across all frequencies.  

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #327 of 3,064
  Yep, sorry, I saw Dunu and went for it.  The 1K is very Bassy.  Can't say about the 2K.

I liked the fit of the Dunus, wire-down.  They fit well with Complys.

The Fidues are more finicky, but I've got tips that work now (Radio Shack Large Silicons), made a slider to cinch it up, and will soon get a clip for the cable.  No real problems with fit anymore, and I use it for walking 

That's +1 for Dunu 
How's the isolation on Dunus vs Fidues? 

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #329 of 3,064
  After some thought, I pulled the trigger on the A83. Guilty as hell about the money, but I am totally psyched! 

Let me tell you about guilty... 
eek.gif

Seriously, you can always find ways to economize to recover the costs associated with this hobby - and in New York, even more so.... Stop taking Town Cars everywhere....

I'm kidding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back