FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jul 8, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #17 of 3,064
I have struggled with tips and fit for this, and finally last night I was able to fit it properly in my ear - digging through my tips collection and settled on the old TF10 large silicone, then BANG!! stayed snug in my ear and great seal too...

Jul 8, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #18 of 3,064
  I have struggled with tips and fit for this, and finally last night I was able to fit it properly in my ear - digging through my tips collection and settled on the old TF10 large silicone, then BANG!! stayed snug in my ear and great seal too...

That's great news! Any changes to sound?

Jul 8, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #19 of 3,064
Yep - great seal = clean sound with an almost non-existent sibilance, only present in bad recordings, or low bitrate MP3's

The DD is starting to warmed up well, the warm, deep, and excellent textured bass is superb, just the perfect amount to me, quantity wise is slightly bigger than DN2k

I still don't like the rather awkward memory wire around the connector, hard to bend/shape/mould to my ear, had it not been for the superb cable, I would have bought an after market one

Jul 8, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #20 of 3,064
  Yep - great seal = clean sound with an almost non-existent sibilance, only present in bad recordings, or low bitrate MP3's

The DD is starting to warmed up well, the warm, deep, and excellent textured bass is superb, just the perfect amount to me, quantity wise is slightly bigger than DN2k

I still don't like the rather awkward memory wire around the connector, hard to bend/shape/mould to my ear, had it not been for the superb cable, I would have bought an after market one

That's interesting as I quite like the memory wire and find it very easy to quickly mould to the shape of my ear.

I agree with the bass quantity - just right to be full and detailed, but not boomy or loose at all and well balanced with other frequencies. I'm looking forward to trying some Comply tips when they arrive because I think I'm still not getting the perfect seal due to my slightly funky ear canals (they're quite small and bend quite sharply near the opening)

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #21 of 3,064

That's interesting as I quite like the memory wire and find it very easy to quickly mould to the shape of my ear.

I agree with the bass quantity - just right to be full and detailed, but not boomy or loose at all and well balanced with other frequencies. I'm looking forward to trying some Comply tips when they arrive because I think I'm still not getting the perfect seal due to my slightly funky ear canals (they're quite small and bend quite sharply near the opening)

I tried on with both Comply T and TS last night, although good, it doesn't give me as good seal as TF10's large silicone

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #22 of 3,064

I tried on with both Comply T and TS last night, although good, it doesn't give me as good seal as TF10's large silicone

I can't seem to find a silicone that works for me with the A83. I think it's because of the size and angle of the nozzle

Jul 13, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #23 of 3,064
Hi there~
Im an another user of a83 from South Korea~and this is my first posting on headfi.:)

From my experience, Monster super tip is the best choice for A83. (Both gel type,and form type)

And also, dont use comply form tip!!  because it is not a good match with a83 due to it makes sound little muddy and takes away all the details that a83 has.

Jul 13, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #24 of 3,064
  Hi there~
Im an another user of a83 from South Korea~and this is my first posting on headfi.:)

From my experience, Monster super tip is the best choice for A83. (Both gel type,and form type)

And also, dont use comply form tip!!  because it is not a good match with a83 due to it makes sound little muddy and takes away all the details that a83 has.

Hi jopok, I can't use the Monster Super Tips because my ear canals are too small :frowning2: Hopefully the Comply tips work better for me than they have for you.

How do you like the sound of the A83s?

Jul 13, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #26 of 3,064
  Hi there~

Yep, I can +1 this comment, exactly the reason why I don't like using Comply on A83
Waiting for more updates :blush:

I should have my full review finished by this weekend 
wink_face.gif

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #28 of 3,064

I can't seem to find a silicone that works for me with the A83. I think it's because of the size and angle of the nozzle

So that's why...I was trying to figure out why I wasn't getting the same good seal on the A83 as opposed to using the Complys on others.

Hi there~

Hey another Korean! I have tried the monsters tip as well, both gel and foam and unfortunately do not work too well for me :frowning2:

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #29 of 3,064
  So that's why...I was trying to figure out why I wasn't getting the same good seal on the A83 as opposed to using the Complys on others.

Try using the Ts Comply mate, I found that the TS seals the best and has the least 'muffling' effect when used.

I tried foam with A83, but didn't really like the sound, so I have been using TF10's large silicone which gave me the best sound from A83

Users who are viewing this thread

Back