Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #331 of 439
  There's also the last option to allow Fidelizer to optimize your player; FB2K, in my case.  Is there a particular file or component of FB I should look for to select?  I typed in 'Foobar2000', and it says program not found.

You have to find the exact folder location of the .exe file of your music app, e.g. roon.exe, then select that file.
You need to know the folder in advance, which you can typically do by properties of the shortcut to your music app.
Once you've done this once, fidelizer defaults to that folder location the next time.      

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #332 of 439

There's also the last option to allow Fidelizer to optimize your player; FB2K, in my case.  Is there a particular file or component of FB I should look for to select?  I typed in 'Foobar2000', and it says program not found.

You have to find the exact folder location of the .exe file of your music app, e.g. roon.exe, then select that file.
You need to know the folder in advance, which you can typically do by properties of the shortcut to your music app.
Once you've done this once, fidelizer defaults to that folder location the next time.      

Thanks.  Tell me, do the changes that fidelizer makes to the player remain perminently or do they have to be redone like the computer optimization?

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #333 of 439
  Thanks.  Tell me, do the changes that fidelizer makes to the player remain perminently or do they have to be redone like the computer optimization?

they are not permanent.  the free version settings are lost on a shut-down/reboot.  the pro version which i have, runs automatically on start-up, but can be easily uninstalled.

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #334 of 439
You need to browse to real file path for setting music player application. You can also choose shortcut instead too like choosing from Desktop/Start Menu. Path for start menu can be access from here.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

Fidelizer Free/Plus version doesn't make any permanent change to system. You can try using free version without risks involved.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #335 of 439
And now we reached 1900th milestone. As a reminder to inform customers that they receive refund for returning customer purchase, I’m running purchase offer again in this week.  I also sent partial refund back for customer who placed an order on 23th January 2017.

Fidelizer Plus: US $39.95 —> $34.95
Fidelizer Pro: US $69.95 —> $59.95

This offer will last until Until 29th January 2017. Discount rate is the same as purchasing Fidelizer software again so new customer and returning customer will get the same price. You may order again anytime and receive partial-refund as discount later after this campaign is over.

I hope this will be good chance for you to consider upgrading Fidelizer software. I’ll launch a new update soon after this campaign is over. :)

Keetakawee Punpeng (Windows X)

Jan 25, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #336 of 439
  You need to browse to real file path for setting music player application. You can also choose shortcut instead too like choosing from Desktop/Start Menu. Path for start menu can be access from here.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

Fidelizer Free/Plus version doesn't make any permanent change to system. You can try using free version without risks involved.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Thanks Mr. X.  I'm going to keep working with it to make sure I can use it accessability wise.   Then I'll be buying it for sure.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #337 of 439
warning: this program is a great way to end up reinstalling windows. no need to flame. i warned you. programs like jriver are already bit perfect. messing with system services and files cannot improve that. programs like foobar and jriver had a lot of work go into them to allow them to be bit perfect without hosing your os. watch, mess with this enough and sooner or later you will have a corrupt os. plus, it cannot technically improve anything. cables and such i get. they do no harm. this wil not make anything sound any worse but it may very well kill your windows partition.google is your friend.

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #339 of 439
to be honest i am not sure how much access it allows you. i would be careful messing with system files and services. that is all i am saying. i do not understand how it sounds better than bit perfect anyways simply by messing with the system structure. if i understand this program correctly. if it adds some dsp,effects,eq whatever than yeah sure it will change the sound. i would be sure it is not doing that unless you like it. simply shutting down services etc cannot go any further than bit perfect. if it is actually changing the sound something else is at play.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #340 of 439
That would be because .... either you don't understand what Fidelizer does. or you don't understand computer audio and the fact that bit perfect is not the only thing that matters.

I have had my fair share of issues with Fidelizer but now that i have resolved all those it does make a difference to the sound. A small difference but discernable.

In my experience any and all issues are to do with set up and the lack of understanding of the user.

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #341 of 439
i don't need my fair share of issues. not for me. that's all. mesing with system files and services in windows is at anyones own risk. it may sound better......you may have your fair share of issues. i am just saying not something i am interested in. i wil take stability and music playing any day. i understand the goal of this software. as a result it can cause serious performance issues with windows. it may or may not. i personally do not need to find out for a subtle gain. you can tweak to no end but some things are better left alone. such as windows core files and services. just my opinion. furthermore if i wanted to i could do all that manually but i wouldn't. trust me i understand how x86 works.

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #343 of 439
  Thanks Mr. X.  I'm going to keep working with it to make sure I can use it accessability wise.   Then I'll be buying it for sure.

You're welcome and happy listening. :)

warning: this program is a great way to end up reinstalling windows. no need to flame. i warned you. programs like jriver are already bit perfect. messing with system services and files cannot improve that. programs like foobar and jriver had a lot of work go into them to allow them to be bit perfect without hosing your os. watch, mess with this enough and sooner or later you will have a corrupt os. plus, it cannot technically improve anything. cables and such i get. they do no harm. this wil not make anything sound any worse but it may very well kill your windows partition.google is your friend.

Are you aware this program doesn't cause any permanent change to system? Fidelizer itself is incapable of damaging system and it's been over 1900 licenses sold so far without a single case of Fidelizer doing so.

curies. i tried it on a machine i don't use. as i expected it caused problems. ymmv. no need to get upset with me i just said ymmv. perhaps it works great on some systems.

Of you tried it now. What problems did it cause? Did you use Fidelizer on basic Consumer level? Default configuration shouldn't cause any problem to system. If you experience any performance issues on higher user level, it's the feature to minimize non-audio process utilization as the program suggested. I recommend to pay more attention to product description before making changes to software itself.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #345 of 439
  indeed. i used purist. you are also correct. the changes revert on reboot. i figure a pain to set that each time though. although i gather the premium version is permanent?

Purist will stall non-audio processes and stop non-audio services. That's its feature so you should use Consumer to avoid affecting system performance. People can freely try options without damaging computer as non-permanent solution.

Since the concept of Fidelizer is originally non-permanent solution so you won't see it working automatically on startup on Free/Plus version. However, I released permanent solution as an ugprade in Pro version with better optimizations, more audio profiles. permanent my own system tweaks for audio and startup optimizations.

If you'd like to have Fidelizer working automatically on startup, you can upgrade to Pro version for better sound quality and more convenient and flexibility. We also have 15% discount for new license purchase offer in this week too. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back