Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 20, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #316 of 439
  We’ve reached 1800th milestone now. Only 2 more to go to reach 2000th license. Some people asked me about black friday deals for Fidelizer before. So, I’ll also give $5 discount offer to all other Fidelizer upgrade options as compensation.

X’mas is coming and I think many people are expecting to buy Nimitra Computer Audio Server for X’Mas presents so I’m also giving $200 discount offer to Nimitra too. This should be a good present from me and for you to your fellow audiophile friends. :)

Fidelizer Plus: US $39.95 —> $34.95
Fidelizer Pro: US $69.95 —> $59.95
Nimitra Computer Audio Server: US $1395 —> $1195
Other Fidelizer upgrade options: US $5 discount applied

This offer will last until Until 31th December 2016. Discount rate is the same as purchasing Fidelizer software again so new customer and returning customer will get the same price. You may order again anytime and receive partial-refund as discount later after this campaign is over.

I hope this will be good chance for you to consider upgrading Fidelizer software. With 100% satisfaction rate, I’ll make sure you’ll have a worthwhile investment with Fidelizer. :)

Keetakawee Punpeng (Windows X)

Congrats!  Hope 2000 comes quickly, and your new venture soars 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #317 of 439

Congrats!  Hope 2000 comes quickly, and your new venture soars 
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you. I hope Nimitra will make Fidelizer becoming more significant figure to computer audiophile community. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #319 of 439
Question for you X. Would a program like "Equalizer APO" , be compatible with Fidelizer Pro?

Just wondering if you're familiar with it, and if there would be any problems using the 2 in conjunction.

Thanks

Fidelizer is compatible with Equalizer APO. It also works well with similar applications like Dirac too so feel free to try without worries. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #320 of 439
K, quick question for you.  This has been tough to research, and then I thought of you and all your experience dealing with Windows audio.  I'll try to make it concise.

If I'm forced to run Windows audio in Shared mode, does the Windows mixer (or whatever they call it in Win7) mess with the audio IF my device's Shared mode setting matches the decoded audio?

Specifically, TIDAL's Windows desktop app says "No output devices found" in the Streaming settings.  In this PC are numerous devices:
  1. M-Audio Delta AP 192 soundcard (S/P-DIF is default Out, and there's also 1/2 Line Out)
  2. Onboard Relatek Digital and Speakers
  3. AMD HDMI audio via the video card

Since I'm sending the digital audio signal to my Audio/Video Receiver (AVR) to let it do the Digital-to-Analog Conversion, I'm using the M-Audio's S/P-DIF out as the default Playback device (I haven't tried the Realtek; not sure it's worth it).  TIDAL shows System Default as the device, but it isn't selectable or configurable.  So if I want to stream the new MQA "Master" stuff TIDAL now offers, I set my M-Audio to 96000 Hz and make sure it's set to 24-bit in the Windows Sound control panel entry.  Since it's Shared mode, of course the AVR detects that when I select the input fed by the M-Audio S/P-DIF (the 96 kHz light comes on; no audio need be sent).

Ideally, because the decoded TIDAL "Master" stream is 24/96, and the Shared mode is set to the same, Windows simply passes it on to the M-Audio without any upconverting, resampling, etc., and the M-Audio sends it to the AVR for the DAC operation.  But it's Windows, so I'm extremely suspicious that the Windows audio stack is messing with it at some point.

Any thoughts and clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. - Fidelizer still does its excellent job in improving the sound.  I tested on my real system streaming TIDAL MQAs to my Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC, then running Fidelizer and listening again.

A further wrinkle, which isn't really related, just interesting, is that when I plug my portable HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 DAC (USB) into that PC, suddenly TIDAL sees ALL those devices it previously ignored.  The M-Audio still requires Shared mode - that is, I have to set the sample rate in its control panel.  So it's not the ideal device for this.  The USB DAC works as it should, but using it requires an analog cable to be run to the AVR.  Once I remove the USB DAC, TIDAL again says "No output devices found" and uses the System Default as set in the Windows Sound control panel.  Crazy, huh.

Jan 13, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #321 of 439
  K, quick question for you.  This has been tough to research, and then I thought of you and all your experience dealing with Windows audio.  I'll try to make it concise.

If I'm forced to run Windows audio in Shared mode, does the Windows mixer (or whatever they call it in Win7) mess with the audio IF my device's Shared mode setting matches the decoded audio?

Specifically, TIDAL's Windows desktop app says "No output devices found" in the Streaming settings.  In this PC are numerous devices:
  1. M-Audio Delta AP 192 soundcard (S/P-DIF is default Out, and there's also 1/2 Line Out)
  2. Onboard Relatek Digital and Speakers
  3. AMD HDMI audio via the video card

Since I'm sending the digital audio signal to my Audio/Video Receiver (AVR) to let it do the Digital-to-Analog Conversion, I'm using the M-Audio's S/P-DIF out as the default Playback device (I haven't tried the Realtek; not sure it's worth it).  TIDAL shows System Default as the device, but it isn't selectable or configurable.  So if I want to stream the new MQA "Master" stuff TIDAL now offers, I set my M-Audio to 96000 Hz and make sure it's set to 24-bit in the Windows Sound control panel entry.  Since it's Shared mode, of course the AVR detects that when I select the input fed by the M-Audio S/P-DIF (the 96 kHz light comes on; no audio need be sent).

Ideally, because the decoded TIDAL "Master" stream is 24/96, and the Shared mode is set to the same, Windows simply passes it on to the M-Audio without any upconverting, resampling, etc., and the M-Audio sends it to the AVR for the DAC operation.  But it's Windows, so I'm extremely suspicious that the Windows audio stack is messing with it at some point.

Any thoughts and clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. - Fidelizer still does its excellent job in improving the sound.  I tested on my real system streaming TIDAL MQAs to my Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC, then running Fidelizer and listening again.

A further wrinkle, which isn't really related, just interesting, is that when I plug my portable HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 DAC (USB) into that PC, suddenly TIDAL sees ALL those devices it previously ignored.  The M-Audio still requires Shared mode - that is, I have to set the sample rate in its control panel.  So it's not the ideal device for this.  The USB DAC works as it should, but using it requires an analog cable to be run to the AVR.  Once I remove the USB DAC, TIDAL again says "No output devices found" and uses the System Default as set in the Windows Sound control panel.  Crazy, huh.

Glad to hear Fidelizer is also working great with Tidal Master in your system. Using shared mode is still possible to retain bit-perfect output in some scenario but it will have audio performance dropped comparing to exclusive mode. It still has Windows mixer in the chain.

Maybe audio route with Tidal software can be buggy with Windows 7 drivers. You can try installing Windows 10 and see if Tidal Master will see more devices showing up. That will make better sound for you too.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #322 of 439
  Glad to hear Fidelizer is also working great with Tidal Master in your system. Using shared mode is still possible to retain bit-perfect output in some scenario but it will have audio performance dropped comparing to exclusive mode. It still has Windows mixer in the chain.

Maybe audio route with Tidal software can be buggy with Windows 7 drivers. You can try installing Windows 10 and see if Tidal Master will see more devices showing up. That will make better sound for you too.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Thanks for the quick reply.  Win 10 is not an option for me.  I'll just capture some audio using Audacity @ 24/96 and see how it compares to TIDAL MQAs on my working rig with the Bifrost DAC.  Something tells me I won't hear a difference, but we'll see.
beerchug.gif

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #323 of 439
Hi X, or any Fidelizer expert, I have a couple of questions.

I've used the Fidelizer free version off and on in the past to good affect, but am now wondering my best option for current rig as below.

Windows 10 (Home edition) laptop running Roon server, that connects via ethernet to RoonReady endpoint on microRendu. Then to DAC.
A fundemantal requirement is that I also use my laptop for all other internet/email/office/etc activities, although only the internet via wifi is used (for Roon and streaming) when seriously listening to music.
Therefore, the free Fidelizer works well here (in highest Purist mode), as the system automatically reverts to its default pre-Fidelizer state after reboot.

So now my questions:

1. What further improvements in SQ can the Plus or Pro versions give over the free version? Without losing the multi-use capability as above
2. What usability improvements can the Plus or Pro versions give in my situation?
3. When Fidelizer starts, it asks to automatically kick off the music app. Does it allocate more system resources etc to that music app if kicked off in this way?
4. If yes to (3), then if I later stop and restart the music app, will it lose the advantages allocated in (3)? So that I have to restart Fidelizer again?

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #324 of 439
Hola folks,
Just wanted to chime in regarding Spotify. If any of you are using Spotify, definitely check out Fidelify.
Fidelify - High Fidelity Spotify Client
http://fidelify.net/

It's bit perfect to your dac. I use the recommended ASIO settings in Fidelify.
WindowsX , recommended it on the Fidelizer Facebook page.
Truly a remarkable upgrade in SQ , using in conjuction with Fidelizer Pro.

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #325 of 439

Thanks for the quick reply.  Win 10 is not an option for me.  I'll just capture some audio using Audacity @ 24/96 and see how it compares to TIDAL MQAs on my working rig with the Bifrost DAC.  Something tells me I won't hear a difference, but we'll see.
beerchug.gif

You're welcome. Maybe you can try ASIO Bridge and see if it'll show up in Tidal.

Quote:
  Hi X, or any Fidelizer expert, I have a couple of questions.

I've used the Fidelizer free version off and on in the past to good affect, but am now wondering my best option for current rig as below.

Windows 10 (Home edition) laptop running Roon server, that connects via ethernet to RoonReady endpoint on microRendu. Then to DAC.
A fundemantal requirement is that I also use my laptop for all other internet/email/office/etc activities, although only the internet via wifi is used (for Roon and streaming) when seriously listening to music.
Therefore, the free Fidelizer works well here (in highest Purist mode), as the system automatically reverts to its default pre-Fidelizer state after reboot.

So now my questions:

1. What further improvements in SQ can the Plus or Pro versions give over the free version? Without losing the multi-use capability as above
2. What usability improvements can the Plus or Pro versions give in my situation?
3. When Fidelizer starts, it asks to automatically kick off the music app. Does it allocate more system resources etc to that music app if kicked off in this way?
4. If yes to (3), then if I later stop and restart the music app, will it lose the advantages allocated in (3)? So that I have to restart Fidelizer again?

: Purist level won't have different effects on upgraded versions. You'll get more audio profiles and more features on upgrading instead so don't worry about stability issue after upgrading. 

: Plus will give better core optimizations with some audio profiles and Pro will give system configuration and startup optimizations with even more audio profiles. Using Streamer audio profile for streaming audio to microRendu will work great with Pro version.

: It kicks from Administrator account with High priority so it's better than running normally. However, you can right click and run as administrator account and raise priority yourself in Task Manager too.

: You'll lose it after exiting but you can replicate that with tips I mentioned in 3.

I recommend to upgrade to Pro version if possible. If you don't want to have optimizations working automatically on startup, you can uncheck startup feature in advanced configuration section and I can use teamviewer to provide remote support too if any problem arises.

Hola folks,
Just wanted to chime in regarding Spotify. If any of you are using Spotify, definitely check out Fidelify.
Fidelify - High Fidelity Spotify Client
http://fidelify.net/

It's bit perfect to your dac. I use the recommended ASIO settings in Fidelify.
WindowsX , recommended it on the Fidelizer Facebook page.
Truly a remarkable upgrade in SQ , using in conjuction with Fidelizer Pro.

Using Fidelify with JPLAY is also awesome. I wonder there's better methods to use Tidal with JPLAY too aside ASIO Bridge and J River engine with JPLAY hacks. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jan 15, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #326 of 439
Follow up on Fidelify. So after almost 24hrs with it, I'm not digging the UI. Half of my music won't load and the glitches that started happening in the last 5 hours are driving me crazy. The screen will freeze and it becomes inactive, so I have to shut it down and reopen it.
So far it's not worth the headache with the UI, for the SQ gains I get with some music.

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #327 of 439
@WindowsX I've just started to try the Program currently in its free version.  I use what's known as a screen reader to hear what's on the screen.  I believe Fidelizer turned it off as an unnecessary program.  Is there a way to tell the program that my screen reader is nneeded?

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #328 of 439
Follow up on Fidelify. So after almost 24hrs with it, I'm not digging the UI. Half of my music won't load and the glitches that started happening in the last 5 hours are driving me crazy. The screen will freeze and it becomes inactive, so I have to shut it down and reopen it.
So far it's not worth the headache with the UI, for the SQ gains I get with some music.

Or you can try ASIO Bridge software with ASIO driver for an alternative approach.

@WindowsX I've just started to try the Program currently in its free version.  I use what's known as a screen reader to hear what's on the screen.  I believe Fidelizer turned it off as an unnecessary program.  Is there a way to tell the program that my screen reader is nneeded?

Screen reader may use some non-audio services. I recommend to stay with Audiophile user level to maintain its functionality.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #329 of 439

Or you can try ASIO Bridge software with ASIO driver for an alternative approach.

Screen reader may use some non-audio services. I recommend to stay with Audiophile user level to maintain its functionality.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Thanks.  There's also the last option to allow Fidelizer to optimize your player; FB2K, in my case.  Is there a particular file or component of FB I should look for to select?  I typed in 'Foobar2000', and it says program not found.
Thanks again.

Jan 17, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #330 of 439
It does that to me too..

I enter Roon or JPlay and it can never find them. Makes it kind of useless....

Wish i could get it to do what it is supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back