Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #301 of 439
Well, you still have 3.0 Free so keep it. Then, download 7.4 and try. It should work fine and even better. We solved a lot of bugs since 6.0 so 7.4 has most critical bugs fixed with high stability now.

Also, there's Fidelizer Upgrade Program having Fidelizer Plus/Pro with better sound quality and have more features.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/fidelizer-upgrade-program/

Regards,
Keetakawee

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #302 of 439
  I am using Fidelizer 3.0 which I realize its ancient.
Does Fidelizer 7.4 work well with an older processor?
This machine runs Windows 7 Starter, and the processo is a first generation Atom.

I'm afraid that if I upgrade to a later version it will cause problems.

Let me know if this is not the case.

Not going to say it shouldn't work - because it should work to listen to music. But the age might show with old hardware. An i5 - 450m - so first gen too - burned out on me, without many sings before doing so. 

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #303 of 439
Well surprisingly the old Netbook works great for me. It even processes DSD up to 256K in native form, which is amazing.
The issue here is more modern versions of fidelizer. It doesn;t seem to work right past version 3.0. And with my new DAC, even version 3.0 is causing problems with gapless playback.
I might just stop using Fidelizer altogether as gapless playback is very important to me.

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #304 of 439
  Well surprisingly the old Netbook works great for me. It even processes DSD up to 256K in native form, which is amazing.
The issue here is more modern versions of fidelizer. It doesn;t seem to work right past version 3.0. And with my new DAC, even version 3.0 is causing problems with gapless playback.
I might just stop using Fidelizer altogether as gapless playback is very important to me.

As long as it works for you, that's great. We have a word on computer threads: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

I can totally feel you with gapless playback being an important feature!

Some DACs do use a different reconstruction filter, and have their own processing done, so this might be why it's a bit slower after changing the DAC. Especially if it required a new driver. 

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #305 of 439

As long as it works for you, that's great. We have a word on computer threads: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

I can totally feel you with gapless playback being an important feature!

Some DACs do use a different reconstruction filter, and have their own processing done, so this might be why it's a bit slower after changing the DAC. Especially if it required a new driver. 

That's absolutely true. This computer works so well that to me, it's not worth "upgrading". It runs cool and the fan is barely audible. I hate fan noise with a passion! And it is so compact I can put in on the bottom shelf of my audio rack and open the clamshell with no problems. I have it configured so that I can close the cover without turning it off. This way I am not distracted by the screen during serious listening. I control everything using an android app on my Galaxy smartphone...

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #306 of 439

I tested Fidelizer 7.4 free version on Dell Mini 9 (single core atom n270 with hyperthreading). Works fine for me. I recommend you to try default configuration first and see if it works fine for you.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #307 of 439
Well..... I've been without a laptop for the last few months , and haven't been able to use Fidelizer Pro , for music in that time. I've been using my phone with UAPP.

I have no idea how I survived! I finally got another laptop, and loaded Fidelizer Pro again last night.

Good God bro! I still can't believe what this program does for music. Another Ho-lee-*** jaw dropping session last night. Lappy and fiddy, completely destroy UAPP and phone.

Awesome job X!
Cheers

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #308 of 439
Well..... I've been without a laptop for the last few months , and haven't been able to use Fidelizer Pro , for music in that time. I've been using my phone with UAPP.

I have no idea how I survived! I finally got another laptop, and loaded Fidelizer Pro again last night.

Good God bro! I still can't believe what this program does for music. Another Ho-lee-*** jaw dropping session last night. Lappy and fiddy, completely destroy UAPP and phone.

Awesome job X!
Cheers

Glad to hear you're finally be able to enjoy music again with Fidelizer. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Nov 20, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #309 of 439

Fidelizer 7.5 released – Small fixes for upgraded users and performance improvement for free users

It’s been a while after previous 7.4 release. Fidelizer is now very stable so I barely receive issues to be fixed for product itself. Most issues I received came from problems after Windows 10 update such as security problems or Windows 10 issues itself so only UX bug for music player application to be fixed for now.

As for free users, I received some feedback from free users saying it slows down system too much so they ended up not using it. Maybe they run other programs before Fidelizer so those programs will be treated as non-audio processes too.

Since system performance becoming an issue for free users, I decided to give one more core since free version doesn’t support hyper-threading optimizations and increase priority a bit more to non-audio processes.

It’s a tough call since some free users don’t mind system being slow for better sound quality. They may think of this as forced upgrade attempt. However, there’s a lot of free users having performance issues decided to stop using Fidelizer and they can also upgrade Fidelizer for better sound too.

I hope free users can understand that I’ve tried all I could to offer options that they can customize. I also set default option to Consumer user level so it won’t affect system performance but some users still choose the best not realizing the consequences.

Changelog for version 7.5

Free
-Added one more core to non-audio processes for less playback problems without hyper-threading optimizations
-Changed button’s name that opens Fidelizer Upgrade Program page to “Order Fidelizer”
-Increased priority to non-audio processes a bit more so system won’t be too slow for free users

Plus
-Changed button’s name that opens Fidelizer Upgrade Program page to “Order Fidelizer”
-Fixed software not asking for a new music player application when previous ones no longer exists

Pro
-Fixed software not asking for a new music player application when previous ones no longer exists

Download: Fidelizer 7.5
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users should be received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn’t receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

Since we have over 1700 licenses now so we can’t deliver all licenses in a single day with 1,000 sending limit per day. We made some changes to delivery platform to slowly send software update to customers. I also noticed some customers have yet to provide fidelizer.key data after asking a few times so please contact me back.

Nov 23, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #310 of 439
As I posted before in Plus/Pro users about Fidelizer update, I only fixed music player application selection bug which took me a while to figure out which method will handle the unexpected cases better. However, there’s also another change I didn’t inform anyone before. Well, to be honest, I don’t expect it to have clear improvement so I didn’t write it down.

When I was releasing version 7.4, I uninstalled FIdelizer Pro to do some tests about permission problems to support customers. But when I was about to release version 7.5, I reinstalled Fidelizer CAS which is a special version developed for Fidelizer Nimitra. So software will be compiled and packaged from Fidelizer optimized machine.

After a few customers reported the improvement in version 7.5, I was convinced that Fidelizer can also benefit from optimizations before performing code generation too. I did inform one customer saying Windows 10 update might improve itself too but he told me he also tested reverting back to version 7.4 and still found 7.5 sounding better.

That makes me wonder if audio player software will sound better if they have Fidelizer on his machine before compiling. That’d be interesting to find out. :)

Dec 8, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #311 of 439
Today AudioStream has published a review for Nimitra Computer Audio Server, the first physical hardware product from Fidelizer. I’m very excited in this month because there’s a few reviews about Nimitra rolling out in this month.

The first ones in this month was written Mr. Steven Plaskin, Fidelizer supporter since early days. He kindly accepted my review request about Nimitra despite being so busy for months. It took a while but he eventually published Nimitra review in good timing before X’Mas.

There’s a bit of pieces about sound impressions from Nimitra here and there in his review so I recommend to read Fidelizer Nimitra Computer Audio Server review as whole article with good music. Here’s one of interesting parts he mentioned about Nimitra’s sound quality.

award_audiostream_greatestbits.png
Nimitra used my MSB Technology USB ASIO driver for full support of PCM files up to 24/384kHz and DSD256. Function was flawless and the sound was excellent. Nimitra just sounded smooth and rich with the Analog DAC. I felt the overall sound was easy to listen to for extended periods and was most definitely superior to what I could achieve with an unmodified OS PC or Mac. Overall detail and focus were first-rate with the Nimitra. In some ways, the Nimitra reminded me of the Playback Designs Syrah Server in terms of its excellent playback qualities.

In my surprise, this review comes with unexpected bonus. Nimitra receives AudioStream’s Greatest Bits award. It’s the first award I received for Nimitra product. Receiving award means a lot to infamous product owner like me. It could be one of my best X’Mas present since founding Fidelizer. 

Dec 8, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #312 of 439
That's AWESOME news X! Congratulations my friend!

:beerchug:
Today AudioStream has published a review for Nimitra Computer Audio Server, the first physical hardware product from Fidelizer. I’m very excited in this month because there’s a few reviews about Nimitra rolling out in this month.

The first ones in this month was written Mr. Steven Plaskin, Fidelizer supporter since early days. He kindly accepted my review request about Nimitra despite being so busy for months. It took a while but he eventually published Nimitra review in good timing before X’Mas.

There’s a bit of pieces about sound impressions from Nimitra here and there in his review so I recommend to read Fidelizer Nimitra Computer Audio Server review
 as whole article with good music. Here’s one of interesting parts he mentioned about Nimitra’s sound quality.

award_audiostream_greatestbits.png

Nimitra used my MSB Technology USB ASIO driver for full support of PCM files up to 24/384kHz and DSD256. Function was flawless and the sound was excellent. Nimitra just sounded smooth and rich with the Analog DAC. I felt the overall sound was easy to listen to for extended periods and was most definitely superior to what I could achieve with an unmodified OS PC or Mac. Overall detail and focus were first-rate with the Nimitra. In some ways, the Nimitra reminded me of the Playback Designs Syrah Server in terms of its excellent playback qualities.

In my surprise, this review comes with unexpected bonus. Nimitra receives AudioStream’s Greatest Bits award. It’s the first award I received for Nimitra product. Receiving award means a lot to infamous product owner like me. It could be one of my best X’Mas present since founding Fidelizer. 

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #313 of 439
That's AWESOME news X! Congratulations my friend!

beerchug.gif

Thank you for all support from fans. I truly appreciated it. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #314 of 439
Nimitra was built in 32-bit architecture for preferred sonic performance with smaller footprints. After selling Nimitra for a while, there's some applications especially in Pro Audio market that require 64-bit operating system to function such as Merging devices.

Now we've launched 64-bit support allowing customer customer to choose between 32-bit and 64-bit architecture before ordering. If you don't need 64-bit support, you may choose 32-bit for developer's preferred sonic performance.

You can order Nimitra Computer Audio Server and choose which version you prefer to use. Nimitra also receives Greatest Bits award from AudioStream recently so feel free to ask any question about the product.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #315 of 439
We’ve reached 1800th milestone now. Only 2 more to go to reach 2000th license. Some people asked me about black friday deals for Fidelizer before. So, I’ll also give $5 discount offer to all other Fidelizer upgrade options as compensation.

X’mas is coming and I think many people are expecting to buy Nimitra Computer Audio Server for X’Mas presents so I’m also giving $200 discount offer to Nimitra too. This should be a good present from me and for you to your fellow audiophile friends. :)

Fidelizer Plus: US $39.95 —> $34.95
Fidelizer Pro: US $69.95 —> $59.95
Nimitra Computer Audio Server: US $1395 —> $1195
Other Fidelizer upgrade options: US $5 discount applied

This offer will last until Until 31th December 2016. Discount rate is the same as purchasing Fidelizer software again so new customer and returning customer will get the same price. You may order again anytime and receive partial-refund as discount later after this campaign is over.

I hope this will be good chance for you to consider upgrading Fidelizer software. With 100% satisfaction rate, I’ll make sure you’ll have a worthwhile investment with Fidelizer. :)

Keetakawee Punpeng (Windows X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back