Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #286 of 439

Sounds about right. I'm also waiting for the next monthly update patch before reinstalling Windows 10 again. Hope it gets better soon.

there was a cumulative update released today. I am running it in a VM without issue. the true test will be if it is working tomorrow after I shut down tonight and reboot it tomorrow. I will let you know my findings.

Also... congratulations on the 2nd anniversary of you product and the success it is bringing you... I am a true believer of the power of your software and will continue to support it through future generations

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #287 of 439

there was a cumulative update released today. I am running it in a VM without issue. the true test will be if it is working tomorrow after I shut down tonight and reboot it tomorrow. I will let you know my findings.

Also... congratulations on the 2nd anniversary of you product and the success it is bringing you... I am a true believer of the power of your software and will continue to support it through future generations

Thank you for your blessings. It's all thanks to everyone that I can keep improving Fidelizer up to date like this. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Sep 11, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #288 of 439
Received an unexpected mail today - version 7.4 :D

Will be sure to try ASAP (especially with the note of improving compatibility with Roon) - thank you Windows X :)

Sep 12, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #289 of 439
Received an unexpected mail today - version 7.4
biggrin.gif

Will be sure to try ASAP (especially with the note of improving compatibility with Roon) - thank you @Windows X
smily_headphones1.gif

You're welcome. Hope it works better for you with Roon. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Sep 13, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #290 of 439
Sorry for taking time. I’ve promised to launch 7.4 update soon but it took me a while due to circumstances caused by upgrading to Windows 10 v1607. System became a mess and I ended up having to perform clean install and lost Fling FTP software license. It took me a while to find alternatives.

In this release, I fixed the reliability issue with Windows Server that uses command prompt as default shell. As software will be executed from command prompt, Fidelizer on higher user levels will not leave command prompt as is like explorer affecting audio software to be capped like non-audio process. I handled such case now in this release.

I also received some incompatibility notes about streaming audio with Roon that I forget to include its RAAT processes. Now I’ve solved the case along with Dirac and Devialet software. I also added passing fidelizer.key data if you click Fidelizer Upgrade Program button in software. I recommend to install this update if you’re using one of these products.

Changelog for version 7.4

Free
-Added passing fidelizer.key data from Fidelizer Upgrade Program button
-Improved compatibility in system with command prompt as default shell
-Improved compatibility with Dirac/Devialet/Roon RAAT software

Plus

Pro

Download: Fidelizer 7.4
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users should be received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn’t receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

Since we have over 1500 licenses now so we can’t deliver all licenses in a single day with 1,000 sending limit per day. We made some changes to delivery platform to slowly send software update to customers. I also noticed some customers have yet to provide fidelizer.key data after asking a few times so please contact me back.

Sep 24, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #291 of 439
I didn't expect to bring this back again but since some customers aren't aware about getting partial refund for returning customer purchase, I decided to run every 100th purchase offer again.  I hope to inform Fidelizer customers to get better deals for future purchases with Dual PC or in new systems.

Fidelizer Plus: US $39.95 ---> $34.95 (1st October 2016)
Fidelizer Pro: US $69.95 ---> $59.95 (1st October 2016)

This offer will last until Until 1st October 2016. Discount rate is the same as purchasing Fidelizer software again so both new and returning customers will get the same price. You may order again anytime and receive partial-refund as discount later after this campaign is over.

I hope this will be good chance for you to consider upgrading Fidelizer software. With 100% satisfaction rate, I'll make sure you'll have a worthwhile investment with Fidelizer.

Keetakawee Punpeng (Windows X)

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #292 of 439
Hi,

I'm having issues with fidelizer free version.

After having used fidelizer and restarting my PC, I can no longer use JRiver without activating fidelizer again. Sound is twice the speed and distorted.

I'm a bit irritated as the manual of fidelizer sais that all settings made by fidelizer are set back after restarting computer which obviously is not the case. Any help? 

Sep 28, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #293 of 439
  Hi,

I'm having issues with fidelizer free version.

After having used fidelizer and restarting my PC, I can no longer use JRiver without activating fidelizer again. Sound is twice the speed and distorted.

I'm a bit irritated as the manual of fidelizer sais that all settings made by fidelizer are set back after restarting computer which obviously is not the case. Any help? 

Did you make changes to JRiver while having Fidelizer optimized? Some changes may affect it and didn't show symptoms with Fidelizer, probably having audio buffer lower for low latency performance or some devices causing audio dropouts.

If the issue can be resolved by running Fidelizer again, I recommend to try uninstalling J River completely including previous settings and reinstall. Default configuration should work fine and try to optimize again without Fidelizer.

Alternately, you can choose to keep using Fidelizer or upgrade to Fidelizer Plus/Pro for even better sound. Fidelizer free version leaves no change to system configuration so it's technically impossible to affect playback performance without external changes during Fidelizer is running. Some people reported before about Fidelizer resolving issues with audio dropouts on Tidal or low latency audio so your cases maybe related to that.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #294 of 439
Thank you for your answer, Keetakawee. Although not being really satisfying.

I did not make any changes whatsoever in JRiver. Problem happened directly after first using of fidelizer which leads me to the result that fidelizer does not leave the pc system and programs in the status they were before usinfg fidelizer ;-/  

Reintsalling Jriver is not really a solution as problem will occur again after using it with fidelizer. What a pity as sound improvement is stunning.

Upgrading to Pro Version? Hm, a bit hesitating after this experience... a bit afraid to corrupt some program settings...      

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #295 of 439
  Thank you for your answer, Keetakawee. Although not being really satisfying.

I did not make any changes whatsoever in JRiver. Problem happened directly after first using of fidelizer which leads me to the result that fidelizer does not leave the pc system and programs in the status they were before usinfg fidelizer ;-/  

Reintsalling Jriver is not really a solution as problem will occur again after using it with fidelizer. What a pity as sound improvement is stunning.

Upgrading to Pro Version? Hm, a bit hesitating after this experience... a bit afraid to corrupt some program settings...      

All changes made with free version are technically temporal. Increasing audio thread priority and clock resolution through API won't affect system configuration, same goes for multimedia services optimizations that does things on the fly without leaving permanent changes to system. If you don't want to uninstall J River, you can try re-configuring J River to have stable playback again. What is your current configuration right now? Can you post your audio setup screenshot?

You are the first person after thousands of people who reported such case so I need your help to investigate the cause. I haven't heard about audio playback becoming unstable after using Fidelizer before since founding. It usually be the other way around.

In my opinion, if there's no issue when you have Fidelizer running, you may keep using it or even upgrade it to make things better. There's also a case of customers blaming Fidelizer upon Windows update bugs and some who are understanding enough to give Fidelizer another chance to try so there're all kinds of possibilities and people. Fidelizer Pro also have uninstaller function to revert all changes back to system defaults and there's such case like corrupting some programs so far.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #296 of 439
Disable/enable the audio device, dac or whatever. Maybe reinstall the dac/sound card drivers. Sometimes a simple unplug and plug back in will suffice..

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #297 of 439
And sometimes power off the device and turn on again can also fix some issues. Some USB boards can stall or freeze at times. I hope he will find the actual root cause by now.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #298 of 439
I've been using Fidelizer 3.0 for years on my older Netbook computer. Later versions have caused choppy playback which I am assuming is caused by the old Atom processor not being able to keep up. Version 3.0 in audiophile level worked pretty good.
Until I upgraded to a Lampizator Atlantic. This DAC uses the Amanero USB and with the exact same setup I am getting clicks, pauses and non-gapless playback on PCM sources. My software is Foobar2000. 

I've decided not too use Fidelizer anymore for the time being. Any workarounds? or do I have to really get another computer? I am a proponent of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and the old Netbook with upgraded memory and internal 2TB hard drive works amazingly good. I even play DSD natively with no problems!

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #299 of 439
Does Fidelizer 7.4 work fine with default configuration (Consumer/General Purpose)? What is your current configuration of Fidelizer 7.4?

For latest version, applications running after optimizations in Audiophile/Purist level won't suffer penalty anymore. Please provide information about your software and its configuration so I can help.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #300 of 439
I am using Fidelizer 3.0 which I realize its ancient.
Does Fidelizer 7.4 work well with an older processor?
This machine runs Windows 7 Starter, and the processo is a first generation Atom.

I'm afraid that if I upgrade to a later version it will cause problems.

Let me know if this is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back