Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #136 of 439
Is anyone in a position to compare the sound quality between a Fidelized PC & Mac?

Would be curious to know.

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #137 of 439
I will say that my initial impression (running in Purist/Audio Render) was that it was a little hot, that the soundstage was a bit more busy than Fid 6.14 Pro. I was a little concerned. I listen to FLAC files on Foobar2000 and also stream Spotify Premium. But it dawned on me that I had just minimally tweaked the EQ in both Foobar and Spotify to "tune" the music to the tube combination I have in my amp. It was obvious that the new Fidelizer 7 was "revealing" more of the music...but I wasn't hearing the benefit of it. I then went in and just flatlined the EQ on both Foobar and Spotify. The result? The texture, space and STABILITY of the soundstage returned...in spades. The optimizations that Windows X has built in certainly takes another veil (or 2 or 3) off the music. In my system, the purity of the sound means that no "artificial" EQ enhancement is necessary...or, more to the point, desirable. After eliminating the EQ the music was no longer "hot" or "thin" or "crowded." It was just more engaging, more accessible and more "live" sounding than my modest rig has ever produced. Great stuff Windows X !!!

Feb 28, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #138 of 439
Glad to hear Fidelizer 7 is making general improvements for everyone here. Looks like there's no need for sonic corrections for now. :)

Regards,
Windows X

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #140 of 439
Mar 5, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #141 of 439
Hello

I have read a lot this forum and registered now just to say thank you for this very awesome piece of software :) I definitely hear difference after I made it work with foobar and my RME Babyface. This software reveals a lot of details and made soundstage bit wider. I don't know if I am under placebo but I like it alot!

Cheers to you Windows X!

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #142 of 439
  Hello

I have read a lot this forum and registered now just to say thank you for this very awesome piece of software :) I definitely hear difference after I made it work with foobar and my RME Babyface. This software reveals a lot of details and made soundstage bit wider. I don't know if I am under placebo but I like it alot!

Cheers to you Windows X!

With pleasure. One can't simply be happier with placebo effect this much. I also worked hard to make 7.0 having notable improvements so I can assure you that we use real stuff from Windows OS to improve audio performance.

Regards,
Windows X

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #143 of 439
Just trying this now will report back on findings but just wondering are you the same guy from windows live x who made all the OS skin packs? If so love your work, as i used your xp to vista skin packs years ago. 

Cheers

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #144 of 439
  Just trying this now will report back on findings but just wondering are you the same guy from windows live x who made all the OS skin packs? If so love your work, as i used your xp to vista skin packs years ago. 

Cheers

Yes. I'm the same guy developed Transformation/UX Packs. I'm glad to see you enjoy my works. :)

Regards,
Windows X

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #145 of 439
Enjoy the music is one of the longest audiophile media with over 20 years of experience in sharing audiophile experience. Last year I received a kind offer from Greg Weaver about reviewing Fidelizer software but there was a lot going on on his side since last year so the review was delayed until recently that he finally had time to finish reviewing Fidelizer Pro.

First, spatial attributes are elevated to near analog quality. The more compressed, flattened, cardboard cut-out, two-dimensionality that I find to be one of the biggest detriments to most computer based music playback systems is elevated to dramatically new levels, bordering, as I have mentioned, on what one is treated to from good LP playback. Stage width, height, and particularly depth, are increased dramatically, in realistic, not cartoonish, manner.

Resolution, transparency, and fine detail, including microdynamic shadings, are similarly heightened, to a degree greater than I’ve seen by the implementation of good after-market power cords and the best USB cables (both of which, you should be using, by the way). Hearing into and through full scale orchestral works is near revelatory using Fidelizer Pro. I believe that much of this is accomplished by its ability to significantly reduce electronic noise, a “glare” and “grunge,” that is also common with many computer playback systems.

Something that came as an unexpected and extremely welcomed improvement, were attributes often characterized by the acronym, PRaT (Pace, Rhythm, and Timing). Driving bass lines or propulsive drum work is conveyed with more urgency and authority, demanding your attention and propelling the composition more forcefully and convincingly.

Finally, and as welcomed to this listener as the spatial improvements, come pronounced enhancements in tone color, texture, and timbre. Fundamental pitch and tonal color are more faithful, imbued with wholesale clarification and refinement, both sounding more vibrant and reconstructed with richer, fuller tone. Texture is more clearly rendered, as is instrumental bloom, which is more apparent and believable. Instrumental voices are presented in more authentic size, texture, and especially pitch. Musical tapestries seemed to be not only more natural and convincing sounding, but pitch was also noticeably more stable.
This is the first Fidelizer 7 review since published. To be more precise, this is a review with both Fidelizer 6 and Fidelizer 7 impressions combined so I’m interested to hear his impressions on this side too.

Fidelizer Pro v7 Windows Software Optimization for Music Playback made effective and simple. Review By Greg Weaver

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #146 of 439
  Enjoy the music is one of the longest audiophile media with over 20 years of experience in sharing audiophile experience. Last year I received a kind offer from Greg Weaver about reviewing Fidelizer software but there was a lot going on on his side since last year so the review was delayed until recently that he finally had time to finish reviewing Fidelizer Pro.

First, spatial attributes are elevated to near analog quality. The more compressed, flattened, cardboard cut-out, two-dimensionality that I find to be one of the biggest detriments to most computer based music playback systems is elevated to dramatically new levels, bordering, as I have mentioned, on what one is treated to from good LP playback. Stage width, height, and particularly depth, are increased dramatically, in realistic, not cartoonish, manner.

Resolution, transparency, and fine detail, including microdynamic shadings, are similarly heightened, to a degree greater than I’ve seen by the implementation of good after-market power cords and the best USB cables (both of which, you should be using, by the way). Hearing into and through full scale orchestral works is near revelatory using Fidelizer Pro. I believe that much of this is accomplished by its ability to significantly reduce electronic noise, a “glare” and “grunge,” that is also common with many computer playback systems.

Something that came as an unexpected and extremely welcomed improvement, were attributes often characterized by the acronym, PRaT (Pace, Rhythm, and Timing). Driving bass lines or propulsive drum work is conveyed with more urgency and authority, demanding your attention and propelling the composition more forcefully and convincingly.

Finally, and as welcomed to this listener as the spatial improvements, come pronounced enhancements in tone color, texture, and timbre. Fundamental pitch and tonal color are more faithful, imbued with wholesale clarification and refinement, both sounding more vibrant and reconstructed with richer, fuller tone. Texture is more clearly rendered, as is instrumental bloom, which is more apparent and believable. Instrumental voices are presented in more authentic size, texture, and especially pitch. Musical tapestries seemed to be not only more natural and convincing sounding, but pitch was also noticeably more stable.
This is the first Fidelizer 7 review since published. To be more precise, this is a review with both Fidelizer 6 and Fidelizer 7 impressions combined so I’m interested to hear his impressions on this side too.

Fidelizer Pro v7 Windows Software Optimization for Music Playback made effective and simple. Review By Greg Weaver

Great review by Weaver, and I agree with him 100%

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #147 of 439
And I love his parts about Fidelizer 6 & 7 comparison too. :)

Regards,
Windows X

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #148 of 439
And I might add, WindowsX has been very responsive and helpful in very frustrating issue I had with a conflict with my Kaspersky. Fidelizer Pro and Kaspersky had played well together for a long time then all of a sudden, for whatever reason, Kaspersky decided Fidelizer Pro was a Trojan and needed to be deleted. I tried to add it to the exclusions but couldn't get it to work. By emailing back and forth with a series of attempts to rectify the problem WindowsX provided a fix and it's working great again. 

Mar 31, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #149 of 439
Good stuff in that review.  This, in particular, I wanted to highlight, as it's absolutely true:

"All of this enhancement can be easily verified by simply disabling Fidelizer Pro at restart. I guarantee you, once you hear what it can do, you will only disable it to show your audio pals just how good it really is."

Just have a listen in foobar or whatever player before running Fidelizer, then run it and immediately listen to the same thing.  I knew Fidelizer was good, but that test was absolutely astounding.

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #150 of 439
Good stuff in that review.  This, in particular, I wanted to highlight, as it's absolutely true:

[COLOR=000000]"All of this enhancement can be easily verified by simply disabling Fidelizer Pro at restart. I guarantee you, once you hear what it can do, you will [COLOR=3F3F3F]only[/COLOR] disable it to show your audio pals just how good it really is."[/COLOR]

Just have a listen in foobar or whatever player before running Fidelizer, then run it and immediately listen to the same thing.  I knew Fidelizer was good, but that test was absolutely astounding.

+1 to all. After being "Fidelized" I can't imagine my music without it. Every song, no matter how familiar, becomes a new voyage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back