Fidelity Audio Presents The Fidelity HD800 Cable!
Aug 20, 2009 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

Rick

Member of the Trade: Warren Audio
(formerly Fidelity Audio)
[size=medium]Fidelity Audio is proud to present the release of.....[/size]

[size=large]The Fidelity HD800 Cable[/size]

The custom ordered, chrome outer shelled, HD800 connectors will be arriving at Fidelity Audio on Tuesday, August 25th, 2009. We will have 25 cables ready to be terminated and shipped on that date. Pre-Orders have already started, and we strongly urge you to purchase sooner than later, as the pre-order list is filling fast!

dsc01120s.jpg

dsc01142c.jpg

1. The highest quality pure copper conductors
  2. Low resistance, inductance, and capacitance
  3. Eight conductor dual quad braided field geometry cables construction consisting of two conductors per signal, effectively lowering resistance
  4. Proprietary mechanical dampening process providing unprecidented detail to the lower frequencies, resulting in rich, deep, powerful bass
  5. Quality braided nylon multifilament sleeving which gives a professional appearance as well as being soft and comfortable to touch

Pricing will be as follows[size=xx-small]*[/size]:

2 meters - $199.99
3 meters - $249.99

Whether balanced or single ended, price does not change.

Single ended comes default with Neutrik NP3C (Black), and has the option of being upgrade to Futuretech FP-704 1/4in for an additional 20$.

Balanced comes with Neutrik NC3MXX-B x 2 or NC4MXX-B (be sure to choose which from the drop down menu on the product info page).

[size=medium]NEW PRODUCT UPDATE[/size]

[size=small]The Fidelity HD800 Double Helix Cable[/size]

hd800dh.jpg

Fidelity Audio is proud to present the latest revolution in cable design. After months of careful and elaborate research and development, the intricate cable geometry that has surfaced is not comparable to anything else in existence! Consisting of 16 conductors of varying gauges, surrounded by oversize PTFE Teflon tubing, and braided in a fashion like no other specifically to control the electromagnetic wave that is the audio signal completely unaltered straight to your HD800 headphones. After undergoing our mechanical dampening process, and being fitted with the finest connectors, as well as our Pure Connection contact process, this really is the ultimate addition to your HD800 headphones that you can't afford to pass up on!

2 meters - $599.99
3 meters - $799.99

Fidelity Audio, The way it was meant to be heard.....

[size=xx-small]*Prices subject to change and does not include cost of shipping.[/size]

Aug 21, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #2 of 45
My first recable on a HP will be from Fidelity Audio. Look forward to trying it out to hear what the balanced crowd have been crowing about.

Aug 21, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #3 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by tako_tsubo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first recable on a HP will be from Fidelity Audio. Look forward to trying it out to hear what the balanced crowd have been crowing about.

Glad to hear. Make sure you're using a beefy amp, as I'm sure you already know that HD800's are power hungry and notably improve with more raw power, as well I would highly recommend a bit perfect source (ie, cd, flac, etc, anything that is not compressed/altered), as not only will it being balanced make the imperfections stand out like a rock in your shoe, but our cables are notorious for being "MP3 Killers", so to speak.

As long as you meet those requirements, I guarantee a grin on your face from ear to ear!

Aug 21, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #5 of 45
I refuse to use terms such as OFC, OCC, UPOCC etc etc, because I have seen it used under false pretenses so often that I prefer not to be regarded that way. It is high quality enameled pure copper wire.

I use 26 awg wire, because the cutoff frequency which skin effect starts to come into play with 26 awg wire, is 107Khz, which allows for it to be used to reproduce a perfect, unaltered signal transmission of 96Khz playback recordings.

Aug 23, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #7 of 45
I am also very interested as it is the first cable that doesnt cost as much as the headphones!

Aug 23, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #8 of 45
It will be featured in a comparison review within the next month to prove that while it does not cost as much as other cables of its type, it very much at least on par with the ones that do.

Aug 25, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #9 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I refuse to use terms such as OFC, OCC, UPOCC etc etc, because I have seen it used under false pretenses so often that I prefer not to be regarded that way. It is high quality enameled pure copper wire.

I use 26 awg wire, because the cutoff frequency which skin effect starts to come into play with 26 awg wire, is 107Khz, which allows for it to be used to reproduce a perfect, unaltered signal transmission of 96Khz playback recordings.

Are you refering to 96Khz digital recordings? Isn't this just related to the amount of information the signal carries? Human hearing goes from aprox: 16 to 25Khz, so what is the relation between the two values?

Th frequency response of the HD800 goes up to 55Khz, but still, this has nothing to do with the the recording frequency.

Aug 25, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #11 of 45
No but it does have bearing on the signal being transferred through the cable to the headphone. If you alter the higher frequencies, you are thus altering the audible ones as well. Think of it as though the audio signal is a bunch of magnets, holding itself together in specific formation via the magnetic fields attracting and rejecting one another. if you alter the positioning of some of the magnets (even ones out of audible range) you are thus altering the magnetic fields that are holding the audio signal in a bit perfect formation.

Aug 25, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #12 of 45
Quote:

No but it does have bearing on the signal being transferred through the cable to the headphone. If you alter the higher frequencies, you are thus altering the audible ones as well. Think of it as though the audio signal is a bunch of magnets, holding itself together in specific formation via the magnetic fields attracting and rejecting one another. if you alter the positioning of some of the magnets (even ones out of audible range) you are thus altering the magnetic fields that are holding the audio signal in a bit perfect formation.

Awesome. Now I perfectly understand both TCP/IP (Series Of Tubes) and Electroacoustics (Bunch Of Magnets).

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #13 of 45
LOL, well thats what it is at the atomic level. Lower frequencies travel directly ontop of the conductors, and higher the frequency gets, further away from the conductor it travels using the conductor as a waveguide. Thats why sonic vibrations distort and diminish bass (the conductor vibrating causes the low frequencies to become less pronounced and detailed). So that electromagnetic wave that is the audio signal is formed and shaped by the atoms magnetic fields. Altering anything in a signal, is going to alter everything.

Thats the main basis of my cabling theories that my cables revolve around, and I'm proud to say that everything put together, I've eliminated the loss in lower frequencies from sonic vibrations (without suspending the cable in air, though has similar effect), as well as the timing delay between higher and lower frequencies, not to mention the bit perfect transmission without altering anything up to 96Khz. (I do make specialty custom cables for those who have LP and want unaltered up to 192Khz, though they are more pricey as they are much more intricate cabling geometry)

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #14 of 45
Quote:

LOL, well thats what it is at the atomic level. Lower frequencies travel directly ontop of the conductors, and higher the frequency gets, further away from the conductor it travels using the conductor as a waveguide. Thats why sonic vibrations distort and diminish bass (the conductor vibrating causes the low frequencies to become less pronounced and detailed). So that electromagnetic wave that is the audio signal is formed and shaped by the atoms magnetic fields. Altering anything in a signal, is going to alter everything.

Thats the main basis of my cabling theories that my cables revolve around, and I'm proud to say that everything put together, I've eliminated the loss in lower frequencies from sonic vibrations (without suspending the cable in air, though has similar effect), as well as the timing delay between higher and lower frequencies, not to mention the bit perfect transmission without altering anything up to 96Khz. (I do make specialty custom cables for those who have LP and want unaltered up to 192Khz, though they are more pricey as they are much more intricate cabling geometry)

I'm sorry, I'm really not following your line of thought.

The sample rate of a digital recording has nothing to do with the frequency range of an amplifier or cable, not matter of it is single ended, balanced, headphone or speaker cable.

Some teories defend that by having a system that can reproduce really high frequencies in audio by using super twetters or similar devices, then the audible frequencies will be reproduced better.
The sampling rate of a recording refers to the number of samples present in a second of information, roughly said, the more the better resolution.
This is in the digital domain, before the information enters the digital analog converter and outputs an analog signal, which as a frequency range.
An headphone cable does not transmit digital information, so refering to the sampling rate of a digital recording doesn't make any sence in this application.

Also I don't understand what you mean with LP's and cables going up to 192Khz. Vinyl is pure analog audio, so there is no sampling rate involved.

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #15 of 45
You are misunderstanding entirely, I am speaking of the analog transmission of those frequencies. if your DAC, preamp, and amp can reproduce frequencies as high as 96Khz, then those frequencies are apart of the electromagnetic wave that is the audio signal going to and from your headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back