Fidelio L1 or the V-Moda M100 to match with Fiio X3?
Jun 27, 2013 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nasilemak

New Head-Fier
Greetings everyone!

A newbie here wanting some advice. I've recently pre-ordered a Fiio X3 and was thinking of getting a set of cans to go with it since I am currently using IEMs only.

The cans must to be portable, stylish and works well with a broad range of music though with good bass.

I listen to many different type of music (depending on my mood) but mostly:

House & Trance: Swedish House Mafia, Hardwell, Armin van Buuren etc.
Britpop: Oasis, Blur, Suede, Verve etc.
Rock/Others: Cure, U2, Sigur Ros etc.
Jazz: Diana Krall, Susan Wong, Hiromi Uehara etc.
Also Pop, Classical etc.

After doing some online research, I am most interested in the Philips Fidelio L1 (listened to them driven by an iPod in a really noisy store so not ideal). V-Moda M100 also strikes me as an interesting choice, though I have not the opportunity yet to listen to them. Unfortunately can't audition them thoroughly because I won't be getting the DAP at least until mid-July I think (but hope to be wrong!). Want to know early because I have a short window of time to get a good deal on pre-loved six-month old Fidelio L1 for about US130.

Wanted to ask which one will match well with the X3 given my music preference? Any other suggestions (about USD300)?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Aug 4, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #2 of 2
Thread necromancer here. Thought I´d try and resurrect an old thred before making a new one.

So... an old time lurker wants to know if the V-Moda m100s go well with the Fiio X3 player? Or should I get the iBasso 50 instead? I heard somewhere that the x3 has a bump on the low end. Since the v-moda´s already bass-heavy, wouldn´t this result in some ballooned out low end?

Also, since this is my first post and I guess I´m an "audiophile" now - I sink ridiculous cash into audio tech - did you guys know everyone hates us? They sure do! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back