Fidelify - Spotify with ASIO, WASAPI, and VST plugins support!!!
Dec 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

devhen

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys. Just wanted to point out this gem I found recently. Its still in beta but is quite stable and I highly recommend it.

Get it here: http://www.fidelify.net/
Current version as of Aug 11 2014: v.0.9.6 Beta

Notable features:

* Requires a Spotify Premium account
* Supports ASIO and WASAPI bit-perfect output
* Supports VST plugins
* Streams songs in 320kbps ogg vorbis
* Allows you to search for artist/album/song
* Shows your existing playlists
* Sounds great
* NEW: Supports last.fm scrobbling

As per the website, forward any bugs you find to beta@fidelify.net

For those wanting to help support future development, there is a PayPal donation link on the website.

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #3 of 69
Odd that it requires a premium account.

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 69
Quote:
Odd that it requires a premium account.

Yeah. I'm sure its a restriction Spotify imposes on their API for 3rd party software. If you have a free account they want you to use the standard software so you have to see all the ads. :wink:

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #5 of 69
Actually just found this and am pretty impressed, love that it shows the bitrate.  Now I am not left guessing what I am listening to 
L3000.gif
! According to the website there should be a version 1 (at .5.1 now) anytime now.  Fairly buggy now, but I am hoping they release another version soon with fixes and a better interface.  For now its awesome to play my current playlists.  Sorry to pull up a fairly dead thread but I couldn't resist. 
deadhorse.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #7 of 69
Emailed them and he emailed back within a couple of hours. Said development was delayed and the release date for 1.0 will be pushed back a little.  It should reflect that on his site sometime soon.  I like the idea of sending a little donation his way to speed development along.

Mar 20, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #9 of 69
Quote:
The output is a little higher than the usual spotify,I wish they would implament a volumecontrol,even though it is not so "high end".

Regardless of what program I'm using, ASIO is a bit louder than going through the Windows sound mixer.

Volume control would be a somewhat useful features but not necessary IMO. The whole point of ASIO and WASAPI is to send bit-perfect audio to your DAC so it makes more sense to send the signal at full strength and then control the volume on your amp.

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #10 of 69
Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help with this program. I enabled WASAPI and it was working fine, but now it won't let me open the program-it crashes on startup. I'm quite bummed :/
I've tried a system restore to a few days ago, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling my audio drivers. I'm not exactly sure what I can do to get it working again, any suggestions? I'm on Windows 8, listening through my fiio e7k (USB).

Mar 31, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #11 of 69
Quote:
Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help with this program. I enabled WASAPI and it was working fine, but now it won't let me open the program-it crashes on startup. I'm quite bummed :/
I've tried a system restore to a few days ago, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling my audio drivers. I'm not exactly sure what I can do to get it working again, any suggestions? I'm on Windows 8, listening through my fiio e7k (USB).

The only time I've had crashing problems is when Fidelify hangs and then subsequently crashes because it is still running in the background. Pull up the Win8 task manager and look for the fidelify.exe process, right-click on it and choose End Process. Restarting your computer would also do the trick. Then launch Fidelify again and it should work. Next time it crashes when you try to launch it just make sure there isn't a hung fidelify.exe process hanging around.

If that's not the cause let me know. Maybe we can track down what the problem is, but the scenario I've described is the only one I've experienced as far as Fidelify crashing when I try to launch it. Good luck. Let us know.

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #13 of 69
The only time I've had crashing problems is when Fidelify hangs and then subsequently crashes because it is still running in the background. Pull up the Win8 task manager and look for the fidelify.exe process, right-click on it and choose End Process. Restarting your computer would also do the trick. Then launch Fidelify again and it should work. Next time it crashes when you try to launch it just make sure there isn't a hung fidelify.exe process hanging around.

If that's not the cause let me know. Maybe we can track down what the problem is, but the scenario I've described is the only one I've experienced as far as Fidelify crashing when I try to launch it. Good luck. Let us know.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the issue :/ It's not running in the background and I've done numerous restarts, like I said I've even tried a system restore. I'm bummed, seems like I bugged it for my computer by tinkering with the settings.

Apr 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #14 of 69
Quote:
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the issue :/ It's not running in the background and I've done numerous restarts, like I said I've even tried a system restore. I'm bummed, seems like I bugged it for my computer by tinkering with the settings.

That's too bad. Sorry about your troubles. Get in touch with the developer via the Fidelify website (I think someone mentioned earlier that they were able to email him via the website and got a reply right away). He can probably help you get it resolved.

Have you tried deleting all of your Fidelify files and grabbing a fresh copy from the website?

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #15 of 69
That's too bad. Sorry about your troubles. Get in touch with the developer via the Fidelify website (I think someone mentioned earlier that they were able to email him via the website and got a reply right away). He can probably help you get it resolved.

Have you tried deleting all of your Fidelify files and grabbing a fresh copy from the website?

Yeah, I've grabbed new files, as well as an older version. I sent an email to the bugs email address yesterday, but I haven't received a reply yet. It sort of seems unlikely that I will get a reply, I mean the last version was released in like September last year. Meh. I was really enjoying what I was hearing!

Edit: Fixed it! For anyone with similar problems, just delete the directory that Fidelify creates on your hardrive the first time you run it (this isn't the installation files). Mine was just C://Fidelify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back