Fidelia - OS X Premium Music Player |OT|
Aug 22, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #62 of 88
This is "normal" the only usable size for now is mini, the others are to big!!!!!!!!

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #63 of 88
I see they released an update in October and was curious how everyone feels about this player so far? I plan to invest into some good headphone gear here in about 3 weeks and now I am searching for what music player to use. 

Thanks!

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #64 of 88

Quote:
Wow! I just signed up for the 15 day trial and compared Fidelia to the iTunes player...what a difference in SQ! Next in line were A/B tests against my Squeezebox and although a closer call, the Fidelia wins again!

I'm currently using my MacMini with a Squeezebox Transporter downstairs and a Squeezebox Touch upstairs.  I'd like to use Fidelia downstairs to replace the Transporter.  Will I be able to use both running off the same MacMini?

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #65 of 88
Really impressed with Fidelia.

I usually use Vox to play my music as I like its small footprint and ease of use compared to other players I've tried out.

Fidelia has a noticeable (to my ears) difference in sound quality and is one of the least buggy of the 'audiophile' players I've tried so far.

I think I'm going to purchase this once the demo period is up and use it for my critical listening.

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #66 of 88
I've been running the demo of the basic Fidelia player and like it very much. I started the trial of the Advanced module today to see what else it offered. I cannot hear a difference between running with hog mode on or off. Same for the load track to physical memory option. Those are the only Advanced-specific settings I've tried yet. 

Aug 10, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #67 of 88
I am using fidelia for some time now. I like fidelia more against ammara. At the beginning I had no major improvement using fidelia on my macbook air until I noticed in the settings that fidelia using sound output quality 44 kHz with all my "audiophile" music files. There was ability to change up to 92khz for my macbook linear output, but when I downloaded app called "Boom" audio booster the things some how changed . I was able divert sound output through boom app and this unlocked 192 kHz mode. I changed sound quality output settings in fidelia to "match the song”, using together with little dot I+ amp and grado sr225i headphones it started really deliver. It will be really sad to let part of this chemistry go as I upgraded and little dot amp doesn't have enough juice to drive my gs1000 headphones. I know is an amp and dac needs to be upgraded and fidelia stays, but it just really much fun I had with this set up.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #68 of 88
I finished my test of Fidelia and am now testing Audirvana Plus. Not only does it sound a bit better in my opinion, but it has been far more stable on my system. Fidelia would refuse to play about every fifth song when set on shuffle play from my iTunes library. When I tried to resume manually, it would say bring up an error message about the song being corrupt. However, iTunes would play the song without any problem. I haven't had this issue once yet with Audirvana Plus.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #69 of 88
Quote:
I finished my test of Fidelia and am now testing Audirvana Plus. Not only does it sound a bit better in my opinion, but it has been far more stable on my system. Fidelia would refuse to play about every fifth song when set on shuffle play from my iTunes library. When I tried to resume manually, it would say bring up an error message about the song being corrupt. However, iTunes would play the song without any problem. I haven't had this issue once yet with Audirvana Plus.

Seems odd to me. I've been using Fidelia for sometime now and have not encountered the problems you mentioned.

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #71 of 88

Seems odd to me. I've been using Fidelia for sometime now and have not encountered the problems you mentioned.

Hello!

I wonder if anyone with experience using Fidelia can help me. I am using the latest version of Fidelia on my Mac Mini running Maverick OS. I just went into the library window to find all my playlists that I created in Fidelia empty. Also the Library entry which shows me the songs in my iTunes library are all greyed out. I deleted everything about Fidelia from my system except the dmg file and reinstalled it. I am finding that I have the same problem with the greyed out songs.

Any ideas on what to do? Something tells me this is not specifically a Fidelia caused problem. I just do not know.

Bob Graham

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #72 of 88
It looks like a problem with iTunes. It forgot where I keep the music files yet again. I wonder if I am better off bypassing iTunes and importing the music files directly into Fidelia?

Bob Graham

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #74 of 88
Fidelia basic version is the best bang for the dollar. It is definitely a noticeable step up from iTunes. And it supports plugins. I am now looking at Audirvana. The only reason is my DAC supports integer mode. I am trying to see if it is worth the $70 cost. But Fidelia was a "no brainer" for me. One cannot go wrong with Fidelia.

Bob Graham

Users who are viewing this thread

Back