Fidelia - OS X Premium Music Player |OT|
Mar 15, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #76 of 88
hi joedoe,

have you heard also some stammering at the beginning of every song/tune when changing from the previous? this happened also at some old versions of fidelia but it was fixed then - but now it's here again.

best, wd

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #77 of 88
hi joedoe,

have you heard also some stammering at the beginning of every song/tune when changing from the previous? this happened also at some old versions of fidelia but it was fixed then - but now it's here again.

best, wd

Actually, yes I have. I haven't tested it against IT to see if it's a source material problem, but I have noticed a few pops at the beginning of tracks even when they are sequential from the same album.

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #79 of 88
thanx - okay then - will send a request to audiofile engineering to fix it :) 

As will I! For me any pops are pretty minimal. The much faster load time is an improvement that I thoroughly enjoy though!

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #81 of 88
Got already email back from audiofile engineering saying they will fix the problem with the gapless playback ASAP!
smily_headphones1.gif

That means we should expect an update from them soon ... sweetness.

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #83 of 88
Hi guys new Fidelia user here, are the FHX and advanced upgrades worth it?

Simplicity wise, I'm happy with Audirvana+ and the sound is great.

I find Fidelia's sound almost the same good sounding as A+, only better file management.

How do you work the settings for the advanced?

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #84 of 88
I find Fidelia the best solution on Mac and I think Advanced is worth purchasing. Not really sure of FHX: I did buy it on sale, tried and keep off since then :)

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #85 of 88
I just purchased the basic version through the app store and I must say I'm really impressed. For a long time I've been using iTunes by default without actually liking it. Just too much feature creep. All I want is simple, great sounding playback and support for Flac files. I stumbled across this thread (thanks ajreynol!) and job done.

I'd describe the sound as more airy than iTunes, with a much improved bass region. It's not night and day, but a noticeable improvement for only twenty bucks can't be bad.

Aug 9, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #86 of 88
I just purchased the basic version through the app store and I must say I'm really impressed. For a long time I've been using iTunes by default without actually liking it. Just too much feature creep. All I want is simple, great sounding playback and support for Flac files. I stumbled across this thread (thanks ajreynol!) and job done.

I'd describe the sound as more airy than iTunes, with a much improved bass region. It's not night and day, but a noticeable improvement for only twenty bucks can't be bad.

Agreed. Usually what I tell folks is that Fidelia vinyl-izes the sound. Little extra depth and warmth in the lower mids and bass.

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #87 of 88
Agreed. Usually what I tell folks is that Fidelia vinyl-izes the sound. Little extra depth and warmth in the lower mids and bass.

You're spot on. My main rig is a pretty decent vinyl rig and Fidelia has a lot more of the air I get from vinyl. Sound just seems less in-your-head through the HD800's with Fidelia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back