FF: New Vinyl Giveaway (Steve Vai LP)
Sep 14, 2010 at 11:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

doctorcilantro

1000+ Head-Fier

Vinyl Giveaway #1 (Soundstage Direct) Steve Vai & Ray Lamontagne - Sept. 19th

​

Had a couple bad pressings of an LP and EXCELLENT customer service from Soundstage Direct. I'm going to partner with them on my blog to do a bi-monthly or monthly vinyl giveaway (see rules at bottom).

Steve Vai, Where the Wild Things Are On Colored Vinyl - 1 Red, 1 Blue Record. 180g Vinyl.

Where The Wild Things Are features select tracks from Steve Vai's concert at the State Theater in Minneapolis, MN during his recent Sound Theories Tour. Vai assembled a world-class group of musicians for the occasion, unlike any other band in his storied musical history.
This drawing will be for Steve Vai's new double LP, Where The Wild Things Are, but also included is a promo 45RPM release for Ray Lamontagne's new album God Willin' & The Creek Don't Rise. These are two tracks from this excellent album issued by RCA Sony in 2010. I can give it a cleaning on the Nitty Gritty for you, but it will be unplayed. I have however heard these songs from the LP release.

Vinyl Giveaway Rules:
  • Must be in the States. 
  • Just post in the comments "I'm in, and I'm listening to ......"

Random number generator will be used after assigning each entrant a number.

Sep 14, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 16
I'm in, and listening to Rush - Workin' Them Angels. 

Thank you!

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 16
Count me in please, what a great offer!

Vai is the best and the Lamontagne single sounds great as well.

I am listening to We Want Miles on vinyl by Miles Davis.

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #7 of 16
I'm in, I am listening to Percy Humphrey featuring Sweet Emma playing Living New Orleans Jazz 1974. pressed by the Smoky Mary Phonograph Company.

(Great stuff in my dad's old LP library)

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #8 of 16
I'm in, and I'm listening to Dire Straits: On Every Street. Thanks!

Sep 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #11 of 16
I'm in, listening to Orbus Terraum - The Orb

Sep 17, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #14 of 16
"I'm in, and I'm listening to Elvis Costello -This Year's Model - MFSL purchased from Soundstage Direct last week, along with My Aim Is True - MFSL...

Sep 21, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #15 of 16
38 entrants this time (some who posted on forums only), and random.org was used to pick the winner:

ETCARROL

Use the "Subscribe To This Blog" feature (below) to get info on the next contest (or load this RSS link into you reader of choice: 100cpu.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back