Few question for people in this world for a while
Oct 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mrs1986

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone!

I'm starting a new research, i have done one a couple of years ago and i received impressive help from this forums.

Today, i have some question in general and about some new IEM's that i would like to get.

Like two years ago, i started to look at some decent, but cheap headphones to listen to some music, I ended up getting the Grados SR60i. I really liked the headphones, i liked the sound, i'm no expert, i have little time to spend with music, however, i like it to sound "good" or something like that. I don't own the Grados now, as i panicked and sold them because of some problems that i started to have with my hearing, i mean, i started to hear some really really high pitch noise constantly, if it was because of the headphones, i don't know, but this little sound started to making me nervous and i sold them, i thought it was because of the high volume i should use while commuting because this were open, but i honestly dont know... I would like to think that it wasnt the headphones fault lol, but they were fatiguing to hear just for an hour or so, i think its because they were like to high forward? i dont know, i dont really know all the technisism about the sound and all, but thats what i think..

Anyway, i'm using some cheap JVC's now, those on-ear style, and while i dont have the exact same problem while commuting, it is very similar, i have to crank my volume up in order to hear almost everything about the song, that's why i would like some IEM's that are more isolating that what i had and what i have now.

There are some thing that i would like to know:

1) It is posible if i got IEM the problem with my ears get worse? Or it would be better as i need to use less volume? Just to let you guys now, that the high volume noises really get me stressed, i don't know if it is all related or what...

2) What IEM's would you recommend for lets say 100? maybe more if they are really worth it

3) I'm using them with my htc one x, dont have anything else as for now, but maybe i would get a cowon? player..

I'm really interested in some light about the ear noise, it is a soo high picthed noise that i cant seem to block with any low in volume sound... I got used to it, but it is disturbing some times... I think the in ear would be better as i only need some volume to hear because of the isolation...

Thanks a lot to anyone that went to the alllllll read :D    

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #2 of 8
Your hearing issue is called tinnitus, look it up.  As to the rest of it:

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #4 of 8
It can be caused by any number of things, but blasting music into your ears at high volume probably brought it on. 

Oct 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #5 of 8
  It can be caused by any number of things, but blasting music into your ears at high volume probably brought it on. 

Probably you are right... I never listen too loud, but one time i was using some phillip in ear cheap and i placed them in my ears, and when i turn the music on it was a full volume, that hurted, i guess is the only time i had an episode with really loud sounds that i can remember...

Thanks for your insight, i went to the doctor, made a lot of exams and they conclude that they didnt know what was it lol, and here i am, listen that all the time lol. Anyway, with some music, it just go away :D

I was looking at some threads about the IEM's, one that has 298 reviews... I have a doubt, it is not posible for a IEM in the 50-100 range to be better than one on the 100-150 range? I got a little confused about the sound quality and value numbers, as i dont know if that is a scale in the price range or a general scale...

Thanks!

Oct 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #6 of 8
Before you buy anything expensive, give the Monoprice 9927 a try.  There's a huge thread about them in this forum and it shouldn't be too far back.

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #7 of 8
I will give them a look, but I was thinking on getting something like the Shure SE215, or something in the 150 range that is good for commute and nice sound for a normal use and all kind of music...

Se215
Gr06
Gr07
Yamaha EPH 100
R-50

Or whatever for that price range... They should be reasonably comfy and with good isolation...

Oct 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #8 of 8
Any imput? :/

I see that there are the TDK BA 200 too, but dont know how they compare... The GR06 seem the best value, but i think they dont look as confy as the SE215...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back