Few FS forum questions
Mar 11, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #2 of 8
As a seller, the only way to receive payment from a credit card on Paypal is by having an upgraded account. At this level, Paypal charges 3% from every incomming payment independent of the sounce of funds (i.e. checking account/credit card)

OBO= or best offer.

HTH

Mar 11, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by gort
I noticed paypal fee in few FS items and what are they for? I never had to pay paypal anything in last three years.

What's "obo"?

PayPal == http://www.paypal.com

It is a service that allows one to transfer money to another, either through credit card or bank account. Makes paying easier. For those that have credit card accounts, PayPal charges a 3% fee for all payments received.

OBO == Or Best Offer (one of many derivatives..)

Mar 11, 2004 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 8
If there's 3% fee for CC transfers, why won't people just use instant bank transfers for no paypal fee?

EDIT: Is CC transfers and CC payment the same thing in paypal?

Mar 11, 2004 at 9:21 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

If there's 3% fee for CC transfers, why won't people just use instant bank transfers for no paypal fee?

EDIT: Is CC transfers and CC payment the same thing in paypal?

Because for some of us (like me) who foolishly upgraded to a "premium" account, Paypal charges 3% no matter what.

- Chris

Mar 11, 2004 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

In order to accept credit card payment, the seller must upgrade his paypal account. Once that is done, Paypal will charge a fee on ALL transactions, not just credit card transactions. The seller may eat the 3% fee, or pass the charge on to the buyer.

The alternative, which Paypal doesn't make easy, is for the seller to maintain two accounts. One for credit cards, which requires a fee be paid, and a free personal account, with no charges (but can't take credit cards and has limited ability to withdraw funds to the bank).

Mar 11, 2004 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
The alternative, which Paypal doesn't make easy, is for the seller to maintain two accounts. One for credit cards, which requires a fee be paid, and a free personal account, with no charges (but can't take credit cards and has limited ability to withdraw funds to the bank).

With personal accounts, what limited ability to withdraw funds to the bank are you referring to?

Mar 11, 2004 at 9:41 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by vwap
With personal accounts, what limited ability to withdraw funds to the bank are you referring to?

It must be the $1,000 withdraw limit per month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back