Ferrum WANDLA - Impressions Thread
Mar 8, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #751 of 1,103
Any advice what’s the best way to compare both Dacs through the Oor?

Maybe leave the wandla in bypass connect to the Oor via XLR and connect the TT2 Mscaler via RCA? Than use the switch on the Oor from xlr to rca ?

Also have a switch box both always find some cross noise going through the switch box( not much but still not has clean)

Mar 8, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #752 of 1,103
Prefer Wandla to Dave standalone. Prefer Dave + mscaler to wandla
Thanks! What I find in just a few minutes was the dynamics of the Wandla are crazy!! Bass is more deep and impactful, on the highs sometimes still seems a little more sharp or incisive(your not sleeping on this one😅) and more refine on the TT2 Mscaler.

Still early to take conclusions, but wanted to feel like I can sell my TT2 Mscaler , let’s see what happens...

Trying to find the best way to compared them..

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 3:48 AM Post #753 of 1,103
Is there any confirmation whether or not original (pre v4.0 board) owners will be able to update to GSE firmware for all features other than the hardware voltage adjustment? Doesn't seem likely as that would sort of defeat the purpose of the headphones.com exclusivity and the price-delta between the two would it not?

Also it would be cool/useful if there was more than 2 voltage options, maybe a 3rd or 4th option in/around the 6-7v range would be good to have. For example my Bliss/Susvara combo seems to respond best that way.

Mar 9, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #754 of 1,103
Is there any confirmation whether or not original (pre v4.0 board) owners will be able to update to GSE firmware for all features other than the hardware voltage adjustment?
Yes, for 600$ there will be the upgrade. For the voltage adjustment you need to send your wandla. I will
Also it would be cool/useful if there was more than 2 voltage options, maybe a 3rd or 4th option in/around the 6-7v range would be good to have
Perhaps hard to justify additional hardware. You could just use it standard now and do say -3db digital trim and that’ll be sth around 7V without measuring

Mar 9, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #755 of 1,103
Yes, for 600$ there will be the upgrade. For the voltage adjustment you need to send your wandla. I will
If sending in the thought of going Wandla-less for the duration of transit & upgrade time is unsettling :triportsad:

Perhaps hard to justify additional hardware. You could just use it standard now and do say -3db digital trim and that’ll be sth around 7V without measuring
This is true and I do have a voltmeter to measure precisely, I guess I just assumed there may be some sort of sonic advantage to the hardware solution.

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #756 of 1,103
If sending in the thought of going Wandla-less for the duration of transit & upgrade time is unsettling :triportsad:
Yeah, I’m fortunate enough ferrum is from Poland where I am so sending it to them is no problem
This is true and I do have a voltmeter to measure precisely
Oh that’s great! Could you list a few you measured? I lower the output specially for a mass kobo portable amp for IEMs. I try to have it below 4V at -9db dig trim, but don’t know what it is exactly

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:17 AM Post #757 of 1,103
Is there any confirmation whether or not original (pre v4.0 board) owners will be able to update to GSE firmware for all features other than the hardware voltage adjustment? Doesn't seem likely as that would sort of defeat the purpose of the headphones.com exclusivity and the price-delta between the two would it not?

Also it would be cool/useful if there was more than 2 voltage options, maybe a 3rd or 4th option in/around the 6-7v range would be good to have. For example my Bliss/Susvara combo seems to respond best that way.
There wont be a hardware swap. If you convert a pre 4.0 unit you'll get all the features just the same, only the hardware adjustment will be done via digital volume control instead.

The upgrade is a little more expensive than the price difference, so it's more ideal to buy the GS Edition straight away rather than buy a normal one and upgrade

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #758 of 1,103
Oh that’s great! Could you list a few you measured? I lower the output specially for a mass kobo portable amp for IEMs. I try to have it below 4V at -9db dig trim, but don’t know what it is exactly
I’m just using bypass wandla with Digital trim to compare the Wandla to TT2 Mscaler through my Oor using RCA for the TT2 and XLR for the Wandla.

Since the TT2 in lo gain -3L should be 3V , to my ears I have to use the Wandla in -12db Dig trim in bypass on the Wandla. Of course I’m just using my ears to compare that I have the same volume… like anything less -11, -10… it’s clearly louder… and still I think -12db is a little louder then the 3V of the TT2..

The Wandla dac output is for sure powerful!

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #760 of 1,103
@Francisco Evangelista -8db dig trim is 4V that’s what I know for sure
So -8db equals -5V? The bypass without dig trim is 9V ?

I think the XLR output on the Wandla is higher the RCA right ? Maybe that’s why I need to go to -12db to equal with the TT2 ( rca output) vs the Wandla (xlr output ) ?

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #761 of 1,103
Mar 9, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #762 of 1,103
Just to give you some feedback regarding , Wandla vs TT2 mscaler .

Have more or less 20 hours running the Wandla, what i find is that the treble still seems sharp, aggressive vs the TT2/Mscaler less organic. Hope that burn in here could be a thing and gets better with time...

Also mids seem more forward as vocals vs TT2 not better or worse just different maybe more engaging but also more fatiguing. Bass also seem now more impactful on TT2 vs the first time i have tried the Wandla...

Anyone and a positive feedback regarding Burn in in the Wandla? is it a thing here?

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #763 of 1,103
Just to give you some feedback regarding , Wandla vs TT2 mscaler .

Have more or less 20 hours running the Wandla, what i find that i don't like the treble still seems sharp, aggressive vs the TT2/Mscaler less organic. Hope that burn in here could be a thing and gets better with time...

Also mids seem more forward as vocals vs TT2 not better or worse just different maybe more engaging but also more fatiguing. Bass also seem now more impactful on TT2 vs the first time i have tried the Wandla...

Anyone and a positive feedback regarding Burn in in the Wandla? is it a thing here?

Which version of WANDLA are you using?

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #764 of 1,103
WANDLA GoldenSound Edition is up and running with the Gold Aperio, HM1, Bravura, and the LTA Z10e in the abyss room!

20240309_104814.jpg20240309_092728.jpg

Mar 9, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #765 of 1,103
WANDLA GoldenSound Edition is up and running with the Gold Aperio, HM1, Bravura, and the LTA Z10e in the abyss room!

20240309_104814.jpg20240309_092728.jpg
I do love me some LTA...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back