Ferrum WANDLA - Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2024 at 1:59 AM Post #736 of 1,070
@GoldenSound will it be possible to maybe demo this software update? Maybe try it for a bit on a 1st gen Wandla and if I decide I don’t need those features, go back to the old SW?
I'm sure it ... would.... but let's be real. This just means you're sending your unit in for a firmware alteration and having to do it again to revert it. Possibly a hardware change as well with the analog volume feature?

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #737 of 1,070
could be just a firmware update ? Or do you need to update the hardware of the wandla? It would be nice if you could do it without having to ship it …

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #738 of 1,070
could be just a firmware update ? Or do you need to update the hardware of the wandla? It would be nice if you could do it without having to ship it …
Depends on the IP. They might want to keep it from being distributed.

Mar 6, 2024 at 3:22 AM Post #739 of 1,070
Possibly a hardware change as well with the analog volume feature?
It would be nice if you could do it without having to ship it …
To have the lower output voltage feature you have to definitely ship it. It’s a physical voltage divider. Otherwise it should be possible to update the firmware yourself for all the other features. I asked Ferrum directly and as of now they have no idea when the conversion is gonna be possible. They guess that, if so far it’s gonna be headphones.com exclusive, we’ll have to wait a month or two

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #741 of 1,070
@GoldenSound will it be possible to maybe demo this software update? Maybe try it for a bit on a 1st gen Wandla and if I decide I don’t need those features, go back to the old SW?
There wont be a demo available unfortunately. If you're able to make it to a CanJam you'll be able to try it there though!
If you buy the GoldenSound Edition you will be able to go to the stock firmware if preferred though

Mar 6, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #742 of 1,070
There wont be a demo available unfortunately. If you're able to make it to a CanJam you'll be able to try it there though!
If you buy the GoldenSound Edition you will be able to go to the stock firmware if preferred though
I’m such a fan of the features you added, I’ll probably buy it blind anyway. Did so with the whole Ferrum stack and was not disappointed.

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #743 of 1,070
I’m such a fan of the features you added, I’ll probably buy it blind anyway. Did so with the whole Ferrum stack and was not disappointed.
Nice :D

Yeah the Oor/Hypsos combo is fantastic too.

With all three units, especially in that form factor, it's crazy good

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #744 of 1,070
Hi, Just received my new Wandla to complete my Ferrum stack :beyersmile: installed the Ferrum control to see if it had the latest firmware..to my surprise the Wandla says Firmware 1.3.0 and the Ferrum control says available to update 1.2.0 ??? Did my new Wandla came with a firmware not yet available?

I didn't do upgrade as it seem to going to downgrade right?
View attachment IMG_7988.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #745 of 1,070
Hi, Just received my new Wandla to complete my Ferrum stack :beyersmile: installed the Ferrum control to see if it had the latest firmware..to my surprise the Wandla says Firmware 1.3.0 and the Ferrum control says available to update 1.2.0 ??? Did my new Wandla came with a firmware not yet available?

I didn't do upgrade as it seem to going to downgrade right?
3 comes after 2. Looks like it's not live yet! You got that fresh firmware straight out the oven.

Mar 7, 2024 at 8:18 PM Post #746 of 1,070
3 comes after 2. Looks like it's not live yet! You got that fresh firmware straight out the oven.
yes, that was what i thought! 1.3.0 coming up. I have receive mine directly from Ferrum, had to wait a week for stock.

Using for now the Wandla in bypass and controlling on the Oor, have to try bypassing the Oor and control with the wandla to see the differences... the bass with the wandla seems better vs my TT2 mscaller with the Oor, bass impact is crazy... Would like to compare the 2 dacs.

Can i have the Oor on bypass and wandla to control volume having the TT2 as dac ? Like wandla-Oor on XLR and TT2-Oor RCA and control both on the Wandla? just changing the switch from XLR to RCA and listen to which one..

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 8:33 PM Post #747 of 1,070
yes, that was what i thought! 1.3.0 coming up. I have receive mine directly from Ferrum, had to wait a week for stock.

Using for now the Wandla in bypass and controlling on the Oor, have to try bypassing the Oor and control with the wandla to see the differences... the bass with the wandla seems better vs my TT2 mscaller with the Oor, bass impact is crazy... Would like to compare the 2 dacs.

Can i have the Oor on bypass and wandla to control volume having the TT2 as dac ? Like wandla-Oor on XLR and TT2-Oor RCA and control both on the Wandla? just changing the switch from XLR to RCA and listen to which one..
You could run the Oor at full volume and trim the DAC line-out. But I would definitely not advise that.
Volume match through voltage levels published or with one of those phone apps you can hold to a transducer for "good enough" dB matching for your A/B'ing.

WANDLA beating the TT2 + MScaler would be juicy :wink:

Mar 7, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #748 of 1,070
You could run the Oor at full volume and trim the DAC line-out. But I would definitely not advise that.
Volume match through voltage levels published or with one of those phone apps you can hold to a transducer for "good enough" dB matching for your A/B'ing.

WANDLA beating the TT2 + MScaler would be juicy :wink:
Wasn’t @GoldenSound that mentioned liking more the wandla over the Dave ?

So if I use the oor on bypass the only way to control the volume is from the TT2 dac output?

Mar 7, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #749 of 1,070
Mar 8, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #750 of 1,070
Wasn’t @GoldenSound that mentioned liking more the wandla over the Dave ?

So if I use the oor on bypass the only way to control the volume is from the TT2 dac output?
Prefer Wandla to Dave standalone. Prefer Dave + mscaler to wandla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back