Ferrum WANDLA - Impressions Thread
Sep 29, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #286 of 1,040
I’m looking forward to Wandla arriving next week. There will be a face off between Chord Mojo 2 and Qutest to see which stays.

I had blocked out this weekend for listening, but apparently the distributor is at Ascot this weekend with all the stock so I have to wait.
Yea keep us posted pls the Qtest was under my consideration myself but very happy with my decision on the WANDLA

Oct 4, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #288 of 1,040
Did a search query through this thread of Erco comparisons, but other than one or two comments early on, I haven't seen an in-depth comparison (in text format at least) of the Wandla vs the Erco. Just a statement that the Wandla is better :)

I currently have an Erco, and I like its punchy and dynamic sound, which as far as I can tell is more attributable to its analog stage after the DAC rather than any funkiness with the DAC that's used - it's just an ESS 9028 after all. I've heard that this is the Ferrum house sound. Does the Wandla also have that sort of punchiness in the sound? Is it more or less punchy/dynamic? Does it retain the same level of punchiness but improve smoothness/detail?

Oct 5, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #290 of 1,040
Hi everyone,
What is the latest firmware of Ferrum Wandla at the moment ? Is it the latest one version 1.1.1 ?

Thanks
Dont know but can you report on differences if you change? I tested wandla on 1.1.1 and still dwelling whether to get it. Perhaps the firmware update solves it for me

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #292 of 1,040
Live version is currently 1.1.1

If a new revision is out, it is not yet an official release per the auto-update utility for MacOS.
Agreed , I have already checked, it’s still 1.1.1 version so far

Attachments

• PastedGraphic-1.jpeg
    PastedGraphic-1.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 0
Oct 6, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #295 of 1,040
Hi guys.
I owned the Spring3 KTE and I’m now close to purchase the Wandla.
I read a lot about the bass, soundstage, etc here. ..
..but what about the treble and voices compared between the Wandla and Spring3 or other R2R DACs.
Thanks
it would most likely to be a sidegrade

vocal is not the strong suit of this dac

Oct 6, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #296 of 1,040
Oct 6, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #299 of 1,040
it would most likely to be a sidegrade

vocal is not the strong suit of this dac
I’m just about to receive mine after a delay. What music did you listen to and where is the vocal lacking? I’ll pay attention to this in my review if I know where to look.

Oct 6, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #300 of 1,040
I’m just about to receive mine after a delay. What music did you listen to and where is the vocal lacking? I’ll pay attention to this in my review if I know where to look.

I listen to jazz and some post-xx stuff.

I would say the vocals are not that charming because this DAC sounds too clean.

Weiss 205 is much better with vocals because it is warm and lush.

But don’t get me wrong, when it comes to instruments, Wandla is truly wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back