Ferrum Audio ERCO - Headphone DAC/Amp
Apr 6, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #31 of 122
I don’t find harshness and sibilance, even with my Susvara, so I believe the Elite will likely be even less harsh.

I started with the Erco and it is now acting as my dedicated DAC feeding the Oor now!

Also, the Erco vs the Oor isn’t a fair comparisons. They are similar, but the difference impact and power output of the Oor is pretty significant. The Erco is like a little sibling to the Oor. Both have controlled and defined bass, but the Oor improves on the sound in both articulation and impact.

Mind you, my experience is solely with my own headphones and I have no experience how much of a difference there is for the Meze Elite. If you want to check out the Erco, I highly recommend you do. If you feel like you need “more” which you may very well not, you can always add the Oor into the chain!

Apr 17, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #32 of 122
So. Just ordered the Erco.
One question regarding the interconnect cable between hypsos and Erco: is there a special recommendation? as I understood it correctly, there's a special unit for around 100€..

Apr 17, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #33 of 122
One question regarding the interconnect cable between hypsos and Erco: is there a special recommendation? as I understood it correctly, there's a special unit for around 100€..
Check with your dealer. There is a apdecific cable. Any decent dealer should have included it in their price to you though

Apr 19, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #34 of 122

I believe the Hypsos in the standard configuration should already come with the correct cable for the ERCO and the OOR. (It did for me) I think you would need to order one of the other ones if you weren’t getting to any of the Ferrum branded Products. And congratulations!

Apr 19, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #35 of 122
I believe the Hypsos in the standard configuration should already come with the correct cable for the ERCO and the OOR. (It did for me) I think you would need to order one of the other ones if you weren’t getting to any of the Ferrum branded Products. And congratulations!
Exactly the case with me, will know in the next day or two and report how's the sound

Apr 19, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #36 of 122
Exactly the case with me, will know in the next day or two and report how's the sound

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!!

Apr 20, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #37 of 122
Ok. Guys. Thanks. Now ordered the Erco and Hypsos inkl. Powerlink connection.
Does the USBC connection works without any issues? Just read in a review, that there were some issues ...
Because that's the main connection I'll use..

Apr 21, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #38 of 122
Does the USBC connection works without any issues? Just read in a review, that there were some issues ...
No issues

Apr 23, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #39 of 122

Yep, no issues with the USB. I‘ve used it with my iMac And I’ve also used it to connect to my iPad too without issues.

Apr 25, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #41 of 122
I am the happy owner of the Hypsos and Erco.
Driving a Focal Clear (and traded my Focal Arche. Hard decision, so elegant).

The Erco runs hot = and the volume knob feels warm to the touch. Do not know if this is normal.

I DID have USB issues, as initially, I connected it to an RP4 running RoPieee.
The connection did not click - dropouts and stuttering until a dreaded red LED lit up.
I tried changing cables and brought my RP3 from the bedroom, no good.
It did keep a steady USB lock with my Mac. But this is odd: I had a similar issue with the Arche, and Focal never fixed this.
I hope Ferrum will provide a firmware build to cover the USB over Linux issue.

May 6, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #42 of 122
Just published our coverage of the ERCO with some comparison work to the OOR, TT2 and plugged into the HYPSOS :)

https://headfonics.com/ferrum-erco-review/

1651833471715.png

May 6, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #43 of 122
May 8, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #44 of 122
Erco + Hypsos + Focal Clear

I have to admit I did not hear much of a difference with changing the output voltage ( Sweet Spot Tuning (SST) Voltage level) on the Hypsos...

However, I am confused regarding the gain sensitivity selector on the Erco: I am connecting the Focal Clear with a balanced 4.4mm KK cable.
Obviously, the 0 middle selection is louder than the left -dB one.

My previous DAC, the Focal Arche, had settings tailored for the headphones, and that relieved my uncertainties.
Can you please advise what would be the better settings for the Clear?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back