Feliks Audio tube amps
Jul 11, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #16 of 1,113
I took these 2 amps to the Sydney 2017 meet. They are the cause of my many sleepless nights. So beware....

I kind of miss that HE500's fat bass.

20170326_160824.jpg

Jul 11, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #18 of 1,113
Psst... what amp is that Angie?
It's a Kondo Kagura. Inspired from the recent outline of the free trade agreement between the EU and Japan. Very compatible with your current inventory of tubes. Are you at all enticed?

Jul 11, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #20 of 1,113
All in good spirit. After all, I was originally considering to buy this when I came across the crazy Elise crowd in here. They got the best of me. I'm sure that if Euforia was alive at the time, they would have persuaded me to get that instead! I'm sure it's a great amp, all those who have it or reviewed it are very excited. People can get it second–hand for a really good price as well!

Jul 11, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #21 of 1,113
Wow so nice. I thought you were Oskari....

Nice of you to chime in. Now how about a one page review...

Why not a link to the full review: https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/espressivo-e-by-feliks-audio.16731/reviews#review-16456

It's a great amp, that for the price is excellent value.

You are more limited with tube rolling than the more expensive Elise, but it really changes a lot with different tubes. The stock are quite neutral and well balanced, Teslas bring out more warmth, and the iFi 5670 are my favourite bringing out more detail over the stock tubes, but the adaptors needed a little modding.

I feel the Espressivo is overlooked on Head-Fi and everyone jumps on the Little Dot train which is a shame.

I even opened up my Espressivo recently and it is very well made, not a single issue since I've had it.

It cannot drive harder to driver planars like the HE-500 and HE-6 (clips in the upper volume ranges), but does well with dynamics (very well with the T1).

Jul 11, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #22 of 1,113
Why not a link to the full review: https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/espressivo-e-by-feliks-audio.16731/reviews#review-16456

It's a great amp, that for the price is excellent value.

Linkedin :ksc75smile: Prospective employers will be contacting you soon....

Sure looks like a great amp. I even think it's the best looking of the 3 Feliks Audio headphone amps. Wanted to buy one at one time but I'm drowned with tube amps now, Besides I have a fetish with ss amps now - gasp !!!

Jul 11, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #23 of 1,113
Linkedin :ksc75smile: Prospective employers will be contacting you soon....

Sure looks like a great amp. I even think it's the best looking of the 3 Feliks Audio headphone amps. Wanted to buy one at one time but I'm drowned with tube amps now, Besides I have a fetish with ss amps now - gasp !!!

:D I'm very happy in my current job (only been here a couple of months so far)

My Espressivo isn't going anywhere any time soon :o2smile:

Jul 11, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #24 of 1,113
Only 2 hours since launch and already on page 2.....

Thanks everyone for contributing and I wish Feliks Audio great success in Can Jam London 2017.

Jul 11, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #29 of 1,113
Ah.... gotcha. We've been talking since we were childhood friends. Kidding... :ksc75smile:

But we did talk a lot ... and then you disappeared.

I'm still around a lot :)

This account during the week, 9-5, then my other one from home when I have time :D

Confusing, but I like to keep things separate as to make sure there is no conflict of interest

Jul 11, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #30 of 1,113
I'm still around a lot :)

This account during the week, 9-5, then my other one from home when I have time :D

Confusing, but I like to keep things separate as to make sure there is no conflict of interest

Ah ha. Now I know why I am confused. I only know your other signed on ostewart. When I saw this Oscar-HiFi, I thought it was @Oskari...... :nerd:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back