Feliks Audio ENVY
May 2, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #6,782 of 7,076
I don't think that they'll be two steps up. Potentially they are even the same tube but a "best measuring sample" - or so rumors claim

I'll let you know after I formed an opinion
I've had 2 sets of the Apos and of course the stock PSVanes. Zero differences across any of the 3 sets, except the newest set sounding worse because they're not burned in. I suspect they'd sound more open and less hazy once burned in.

May 2, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #6,783 of 7,076
We can expect an review by Convincemeaudio sometime soon. He received an Envy Perfomance with WE300b and Brimars today and is trying the amp right now.

Interesting first feedback is that he finds it quite great with Susvara but not "magical", though he is big fan of Utopias with Envy for some reason. Another part of the feedback was - its nowhere close to Red October to his ear, which he thinks is a whole different category of an amp.

I think it will be a rather controversial review from Koji :)

Sorry to ask what I assume has been asked before, but I went through 75 pages of this thread and could not find it. Too much talk of tubes and not enough talk of the amp here lol. I am looking for impressions on how Envy compares to Wa33, as these are my top 2 considerations. Also it seems from what I read that most here are loving the Envy with elrogs. I’m wondering if anyone has compared the standard edition envy with elrogs to the 25th anniversary edition? I heard the 25th at canjam and did not like it at all, way too bright for my tastes. If that is how the standard edition with elrogs sounds as well I am definitely not interested. I am currently thinking I would probably prefer WE300b but I am unsure. Any info on these things would be appreciated!

I had Envy PE with Elrogs around tried it for frew weeks with stock psavane and few other driver tubes. It was too bright and too solid statey for me, really disliked the pairing. WE300b on the other hand is pure liquid honey with nearly as much detail and slightly lesser bass punch.

After reading your impressions not sure AE would be my thing.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #6,784 of 7,076
Do you know the section I’m talking about or would you like me to take a photo and post it here?
I own the envy and the WE...

May 2, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #6,785 of 7,076
We can expect an review by Convincemeaudio sometime soon. He received an Envy Perfomance with WE300b and Brimars today and is trying the amp right now.

Interesting first feedback is that he finds it quite great with Susvara but not "magical", though he is big fan of Utopias with Envy for some reason. Another part of the feedback was - its nowhere close to Red October to his ear, which he thinks is a whole different category of an amp.

I think it will be a rather controversial review from Koji :)

I had Envy PE with Elrogs around tried it for frew weeks with stock psavane and few other driver tubes. It was too bright and too solid statey for me, really disliked the pairing. WE300b on the other hand is pure liquid honey with nearly as much detail and slightly lesser bass punch.

I've heard some people with Red October say that the OG Envy shouldn't be categorized or compared against Red October because of the higher price point and quality of parts in Red October and that a fair comparison would be with the new Envy AE.

Granted, the people who made those comments admitted that they had never heard the OG Envy and were going strictly off price and what they described as potentially higher quality parts in Red October, thus the price difference.

May 2, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #6,786 of 7,076
I've heard some people with Red October say that the OG Envy shouldn't be categorized or compared against Red October because of the higher price point and quality of parts in Red October and that a fair comparison would be with the new Envy AE.

Granted, the people who made those comments admitted that they had never heard the OG Envy and were going strictly off price and what they described as potentially higher quality parts in Red October, thus the price difference.
Curious what those parts are and if its not more of a “it costs more”

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #6,787 of 7,076
What

Curious what those parts are and if its not more of a “it costs more”
Hand made in California will add lots of dollars, it’s not just about cost of components. Then you have exchange rates, shipping costs and taxes to consider. Envy AE is/was far more expensive than the Red October I just looked at. Envy AE is not a fair comparison as it’s a 25-piece anniversary model with no scale economies involved due to the small production run.

May 2, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #6,793 of 7,076

How do you feel envy with WE300b compares to stock?

May 2, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #6,794 of 7,076
the WE300b is better in every way and not it is not subtle...this is not like a cable were it is nuance...it is dramatic

May 2, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #6,795 of 7,076
Me and you are already two people interested in TM with the FELIKS ENVY logo. Maybe someone else will join and Thomas will make a special order for us.
Count me in.
I think I misunderstood. I would like to have the TM300B logo facing in front when put into the Envy.

I contacted Thomas about it, but he refused for a single or for a few orders.
Who would be in?

(Using the Feliks Envy logo would bring some copyright issues.)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back