Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 22, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #6,017 of 6,869
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG_7720.png

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #6,018 of 6,869
100% get a new matched pair.

Since this seller have attempted to decieve you perhaps return for a refund and get a pair from a reputable seller or direct from WE.

I went direct from WE for both of my pairs.

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #6,019 of 6,869
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well then return them and get a new factory sealed matched pair.
The "nice" thing here is, if BTB were to make problems due to the filled out warranty card you can sue them for actual fraud since WE confirmed that the 2nd tube Was pre owned and they sold it to you as new tube. Furthermore their own matching is below the WE Standards you actually paid for

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #6,021 of 6,869
No issues with freight, customs, VAT?
They are very well packaged and double boxed and arrive within 1 week.

There is a customs charge though of about 25% (in the UK anyway) which is pretty steep.

They cost roughly £1500-£1600 to get from the US to the UK which sounds a lot but Elrog ERs are £1345 and MOs are £2275 so a bargain really for the performance? 🤔

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:27 AM Post #6,022 of 6,869
Western Electric confirmed that the second tube is pre-owned so it can’t receive any warranty. The matching is bellow average according to WE.

BTB Elektronik basically sold me a used tube as new, which explains the missing warranty card. In addition to that they sold the set as factory matched, which is factually wrong according to the manufacturer.

I guess it qualifies as a scam.
Unfortunately, I recently had a similar experience with the same dealer...

I don't want to go into too much detail, but in the end the result was that if I wanted an exchange, the business relationship ended from that moment on.

Regardless of the last experience, I had already received a matched pair, one of which was broken and was replaced without any problems.

However, only one, when I asked if I could have swapped both, the answer was no, even though from that moment on it was no longer a factory matched pair.

I've had good experiences there so far... however, last week's experience made me think... your experiences also frighten me a lot, something like that just doesn't work.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #6,023 of 6,869
Unfortunately, I recently had a similar experience with the same dealer...

I don't want to go into too much detail, but in the end the result was that if I wanted an exchange, the business relationship ended from that moment on.

Regardless of the last experience, I had already received a matched pair, one of which was broken and was replaced without any problems.

However, only one, when I asked if I could have swapped both, the answer was no, even though from that moment on it was no longer a matched pair.

I've had good experiences there so far... however, last week's experience made me think... your experiences also frighten me a lot, something like that just doesn't work.
It shows an attitude towards customers that is just not acceptable to me. I was going to order a matched pair of WE3000B’s from btb but the experiences described here in this thread mean I will look to maybe Lyric Audio or to dealing direct with WE like our UK friend above.

Mar 23, 2024 at 7:58 AM Post #6,024 of 6,869
I’m planning to buy WEs as well. I think I’ll place my order to Lyric…. Or some other company listed in WE pages as a AD (need to check them)

Mar 23, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #6,025 of 6,869
They are very well packaged and double boxed and arrive within 1 week.

There is a customs charge though of about 25% (in the UK anyway) which is pretty steep.

They cost roughly £1500-£1600 to get from the US to the UK which sounds a lot but Elrog ERs are £1345 and MOs are £2275 so a bargain really for the performance? 🤔
Why are they so expensive? The material cost cannot be much. Someone is getting rich...

Mar 25, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #6,029 of 6,869
How do I see if it’s a matched pair? WE?
You see similar values on the measurement sheet test result part.
Have you ordered at BTB as well? Someone was posting a complaint earlier about receiving a non-sealed box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back