Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 16, 2024 at 5:10 AM Post #5,821 of 6,833
Very curious how Fullmusic compare to WE in regards of stage, euphony and extension in bass and the treble.

If someone can A/B with few notes that would be a big help.

Mar 16, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #5,822 of 6,833
Ok, so the blue glow is very very faint, but it's there. And i only notice it when it's almost completely dark.

PXL_20240315_215156873.jpg

I just did notice something:
I had not plugged in any headphone to the Envy and it does play music.
Like a speaker.
It's at a very low volume and very distorted (also knob at 12 o'clock with full DAC voltage input), but it's there. That's so bizarre. Is that normal (for a tube amp)?
channel cross talk, I asked feliks about it, it’s normal and nothing to worry about.

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #5,823 of 6,833
Very curious how Fullmusic compare to WE in regards of stage, euphony and extension in bass and the treble.

If someone can A/B with few notes that would be a big help.
Smaller stage, boomy bass, muddy

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #5,824 of 6,833
I have the WE and just bought a used pair of the elrog to compare and to have a second set of 300b tubes...am interested to hear the difference after all the raves about the elrog
If I could get you away from the awful DAVE, you would open up that third eye. Just need more space.

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #5,826 of 6,833
Mar 16, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #5,827 of 6,833
If I could get you away from the awful DAVE, you would open up that third eye. Just need more space.
What would you suggest for something comparable?
I asked Goldensound about pairing Envy with a Holo May. I can't be bothered using hqplayer, so he suggested it might be a tad soft sounding without it. It's the only other day really on my radar.

And yeah, I'm not paying thousands for Dave power supplies and then another thousand for bnc cables to go with an Mscaler...etc etc

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #5,828 of 6,833
Now, now… Dave isn’t that bad if you spend another $10k on a better power supply for it.
DAVE sucks. I don't care what mods you apply, for that sound, go dCS.

Once you've heard a great DHT DAC, it ruins the table.

Mar 16, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #5,829 of 6,833
What would you suggest for something comparable?
I asked Goldensound about pairing Envy with a Holo May. I can't be bothered using hqplayer, so he suggested it might be a tad soft sounding. It's the only other day really on my radar.
Comparable isn't a thing. I was poking fun at jlbrach as space is not unlimited for him.
If you listen to some DHT DACs, they're quite big and then get expensive.

May is a comparable thing but it's really more with making concessions.

Mar 16, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #5,830 of 6,833
Looks like 2024 will be the year of anniversary edition 300B headphone amps :gs1000smile:

Auris_Audio_Headonia_300B-_10Th_Anniversary_Edition_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_2023_hig...jpg

Auris_Audio_Headonia_300B-_10Th_Anniversary_Edition_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_2023_hig...jpg
Source: Mono&Stereo

Mar 16, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #5,831 of 6,833
Looks like 2024 will be the year of anniversary edition 300B headphone amps :gs1000smile:

Source: Mono&Stereo
What a disgrace to the original.
Dafuq is going on with Auris, their new designs are horrible.

Mar 16, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #5,832 of 6,833
I like the Chord house sound (Qutest, TT2, Dave) and I am very happy with my Dave / Envy / TM/ Sus.
Would I be stunned if I heard a Vavaldi? Perhaps but I'm tired of upgradeitis and FOMO. I spend way too much time reading these forums and chasing gear so I will stay with my 'awful' Dave and continue to enjoy it.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #5,833 of 6,833
I like the Chord house sound (Qutest, TT2, Dave) and I am very happy with my Dave / Envy / TM/ Sus.
Would I be stunned if I heard a Vavaldi? Perhaps but I'm tired of upgradeitis and FOMO. I spend way too much time reading these forums and chasing gear so I will stay with my 'awful' Dave and continue to enjoy it.
I'm looking into Dave at the moment.

With the Grimm it's amazing (i spent a few hours with it) but then so is the Bartók!

They are both awesome but by making a side grade I save myself enough to buy some TMs. Lol?

Mar 16, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #5,834 of 6,833
Comparable isn't a thing. I was poking fun at jlbrach as space is not unlimited for him.
If you listen to some DHT DACs, they're quite big and then get expensive.

May is a comparable thing but it's really more with making concessions.
Just looked up prices of DHTs.
I bought my Dave used for £5300. You and I aren't participating in the same sport but good luck to you.
I'm sure I'll try a May some time but to call the Dave awful seems a bit hyperbolic.

If your proposition was 'There are better things out there, but at what cost relative to what you can get a Dave for...' then this would be a different conversation.

Mar 16, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #5,835 of 6,833
As a fellow Dave owner I'll be interested in this comparison. Especially if elrogs make the Envy too sharp or clinical when paired with Dave.

I've got WE to compare as well. Will post comparison to stock standard tubes Vs WE 300b Vs Elrogs in a few weeks.

Envy should arrive Monday now that it's escaped customs hell.
ok, my first impression of the elrog is extremely favorable especially with the susvara...it is cleaner and quieter than the WE albeit leaner sounding...I like them both but right now my preference would be the elrog....the envy is a great amp and both these tubes are wonderful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back