Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 3, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #5,446 of 7,100
Where you able to eeek out more performance from the OG Empyrean when using Envy?
Absolutely, the most Important aspect here were the Elrog tubes.

Depending on what is performance to you the Angled Alcantara or Duo pads from Empyrean II further Enhance the performance of the og Empyrean. (Both make it less fun and more reference, which of course is Subjective)

Mar 3, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #5,447 of 7,100
It's an interesting one as I had quite a love affair with the OG Empyrean. They are not really audiophile headphones in terms of technicalities. I mean they are very good but not at the level of other flagships. However they are just sooo lovely to listen to. The midrange is just warm, silky and captivating.

With Hip-Hop or EDM they are unbeatable imo. Throw a bit of Frank Sinatra in there and they are magical.

I miss them. So much so that (ironically?) earlier this morning I actually bid on a pair on ebay. I was considering selling my Elites in favour of a pair for portable listening.

The Elite is still warm but they are technically quite an improvement and they scale much better too.

The OG Empy did scale well on the Envy but the Elites did quite a bit more.

Despite this I still see the Empys around and look on them with a little smile and get tempted. There are a few on the Empyrean thread who say "this is my third pair" haha so I guess it's quite common to sell them for "better" headphones only to buy them again later.

For me at the moment on the Envy the Susvara does it all. With the MOs and the Melz it's technically incredible. To the point where I have been hearing things in songs I didn't know were there. The Grimm tames them from becoming too bright. It's crazy good.

On the flipside if I roll the WEs and the RCAs or Melz I get a more tubey warmer sound which is technically still impressive but smoother and maybe more relaxing so I don't feel I need any more headphones for the Envy. I can even EQ a few dB of bass and they become bass monsters. The Sus really can be whatever you want it to be.

I will always love the Empys though. I played them to a few non-audiophile firends and they said things like "I could listen to them all day", "It makes you feel the music" and simply "That is bloody brilliant". Lol

Mar 3, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #5,448 of 7,100
It's an interesting one as I had quite a love affair with the OG Empyrean. They are not really audiophile headphones in terms of technicalities. I mean they are very good but not at the level of other flagships. However they are just sooo lovely to listen to. The midrange is just warm, silky and captivating.

With Hip-Hop or EDM they are unbeatable imo. Throw a bit of Frank Sinatra in there and they are magical.

I miss them. So much so that (ironically?) earlier this morning I actually bid on a pair on ebay. I was considering selling my Elites in favour of a pair for portable listening.

The Elite is still warm but they are technically quite an improvement and they scale much better too.

Despite this I still see the Empys around and look on them with a little smile and get tempted. There are a few on the Empyrean thread who say "this is my third pair" haha so I guess it's quite common to sell them for "better" headphones only to buy them again later.

For me at the moment on the Envy the Susvara does it all. With the MOs and the Melz it's technically incredible. To the point where I have been hearing things in songs I didn't know were there. The Grimm tames them from becoming too bright. It's crazy good.

On the flipside if I roll the WEs and the RCAs or Melz I get a more tubey warmer sound which is technically still impressive but smoother and maybe more relaxing so I don't feel I need any more headphones for the Envy. I can even EQ a few dB of bass and they become bass monsters. The Sus really can be whatever you want it to be.

I will always love the Empys though. I played them to a few non-audiophile firends and they said things like "I could listen to them all day", "It makes you feel the music" and simply "That is bloody brilliant". Lol
I’m on the same wavelength. Right now with my setup the Susvara seems like a blank canvas. With tube rolling I can make it how I want.

Been away from the pulse for a while. Just learned about the Empy2 today. I think I may just use Susvara and use the money to buy some nice bookshelf’s and power amp in the future.

Mar 3, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #5,449 of 7,100
I’m on the same wavelength. Right now with my setup the Susvara seems like a blank canvas. With tube rolling I can make it how I want.

Been away from the pulse for a while. Just learned about the Empy2 today. I think I may just use Susvara and use the money to buy some nice bookshelf’s and power amp in the future.
Yeah I think they've gone in a completely different direction with the Empy 2 so not sure I'll like them.

I went for some Buchardt A10s. They are really nice with ridiculous bass. You can also use them near field on a desk etc depending on your needs!

Mar 3, 2024 at 8:05 AM Post #5,450 of 7,100
I miss them. So much so that (ironically?) earlier this morning I actually bid on a pair on ebay.
Many dealers sell of their stock at great prices now, since it's discontinued.

Headphone.shop offers them with upgrade cable and the Elite Hybrid Pads on top (3 pads total) for 2500€
Maybe UK has dealers with similar offers or "price match"

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #5,451 of 7,100
Quick question to Bliss and Envy owners or people who exerpienced both.

Currently debating if I should go for Envy or maybe ha-300 Mk.2

The bing question is what to expect with ZMFs and ofcourse the Susvara. Especially ocnsidering how lush and wet Bliss already sounds.

I understand that the gains will be deminishing, but the question remains if Envy would still be a significant upgrade that would justify paying the difference to Bliss which couldnt be sold around 2.5k only on the used market. Especially with the stock tubes, since not sure I want invest in something like Elrogs right away.

Thanks.

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #5,452 of 7,100

Too bad you are in the UK. I’d sell you mine.

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #5,453 of 7,100

The bing question is what to expect with ZMFs and ofcourse the Susvara. Especially ocnsidering how lush and wet Bliss already sounds.

I understand that the gains will be deminishing, but the question remains if Envy would still be a significant upgrade that would justify paying the difference to Bliss which couldnt be sold around 2.5k only on the used market. Especially with the stock tubes, since not sure I want invest in something like Elrogs right away.

Thanks.

Envy Performance with stock tubes will provide better micro detail, micro texture, cleaner notes and better soundstage/imaging than Bliss. Not even close in my book.

p.s: Diminishing return always happen in high end, but Envy do provide the "jump" in sound quality. Whether it's worth the increse of the price or not would be a very subjective answer

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #5,454 of 7,100

Thanks.
Just go Envy, you'll buy the cayin and still think about the envy, eventually take a lost selling the cayin and buy the envy anyways. Hehe

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #5,455 of 7,100
Just go Envy, you'll buy the cayin and still think about the envy, eventually take a lost selling the cayin and buy the envy anyways. Hehe

Hehe a wise man. Stop dragging me into your hole you evil....

But you are right.

Mar 3, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #5,456 of 7,100
A question to Envy owners, aside from puritan, any other mains purifier that have been used with envy that have improved SQ? Or even degraded SQ (subjective by ear of course). I am just curious, i haven't got any issues with hum or anything else. I'd like to know whats good and bad for the envy mains wise, from envy owners' experience.

Mar 3, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #5,457 of 7,100
A question to Envy owners, aside from puritan, any other mains purifier that have been used with envy that have improved SQ? Or even degraded SQ (subjective by ear of course). I am just curious, i haven't got any issues with hum or anything else. I'd like to know whats good and bad for the envy mains wise, from envy owners' experience.
Personally I use a PS Audio stellar p3 with great success

Mar 3, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #5,458 of 7,100

Dynaudio anniversary special 40’s are nice, and don’t need a lot of power. I use 11 watt tube monoblocks.

Mar 3, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #5,459 of 7,100
Absolutely, the most Important aspect here were the Elrog tubes.

Depending on what is performance to you the Angled Alcantara or Duo pads from Empyrean II further Enhance the performance of the og Empyrean. (Both make it less fun and more reference, which of course is Subjective)
Hi ThanatosVI,
Did you end up getting the rays 6sn7 Reserve tube? How does it compare with the popular NOS tubes among the envy community like melz or Sylvanias?
Thanks

Mar 3, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #5,460 of 7,100
Hi ThanatosVI,
Did you end up getting the rays 6sn7 Reserve tube? How does it compare with the popular NOS tubes among the envy community like melz or Sylvanias?
Thanks
Delivery is currently scheduled for tuesday. There have been some hickups with Fedex.

I do have the Apos 6SN7 Select for Review right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back