Feliks Audio ENVY
Feb 22, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #5,341 of 6,869
really strange, it appears my envy is pretty much silent or at least close enough to silent during the day but at night when I listen I hear a hum from the transformer...how can this be?..can it really be a difference in power in my apartment at night?..I dont have this with other components as far as I know...very strange..under all circumstances there is never any noise through my headphones it is a black silent background through the headphones

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #5,342 of 6,869
really strange, it appears my envy is pretty much silent or at least close enough to silent during the day but at night when I listen I hear a hum from the transformer...how can this be?..can it really be a difference in power in my apartment at night?..I dont have this with other components as far as I know...very strange..under all circumstances there is never any noise through my headphones it is a black silent background through the headphones
Could it be as simple as the quiet of night?

Feb 22, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #5,343 of 6,869
no ,it is noticeable difference....I have taken that into consideration..I have to try to figure out if it is a power issue...meanwhile the envy sounds so terrific...best amp I have yet owned and I have owned several including the CFA3 which I love...I have to play detective

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #5,344 of 6,869
no ,it is noticeable difference....I have taken that into consideration..I have to try to figure out if it is a power issue...meanwhile the envy sounds so terrific...best amp I have yet owned and I have owned several including the CFA3 which I love...I have to play detective
It's also my favourite amp and I heard a lot at high end and even called an Octave V16 my own.

Feb 22, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #5,345 of 6,869
Depends on where you live. My factory electrical engineer explained to me once that in the day, CBD and industrial areas have huge load swings, thus our massive industrial capacitor needed for protection for my factorÿ (slso save on the bill), but the residential areas are typically oke. But night time, residential areas have TVs, aircon, heaters all turned on dumping load on the street trafos. This could also be the opposite depending where you live. My house far from factory and comercial areas, has 3 phase power with dedicated panel and ground to my audio man cave. But night listening still not as silent background than day, and with no hum night or day. Probably can get a electriction to measure day and night the fluctustions of your grid. Theres puritan with ground rod, or you can even try pure sine wave apc battery back up units. Just my 2 cents. Im actually lòoking puŕchase a puritan w ground rod.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #5,346 of 6,869
Yes it's quite odd as the issue is normally during the day for people with power issues whereas yours is the exact opposite.

I do hope a power conditioner sorts it out for you. That is exactly what they are meant to fix.

Feb 22, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #5,347 of 6,869
yes, I am going to give that a try...it is true that at night even only on my house all of a sudden we have TV and everything else running so who knows...despite it all the envy with the WE300b is simply brilliant with all my headphones

Feb 22, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #5,348 of 6,869
Crazy that that topic popped up again today, my transformer hum is back too, but only after approximately 2 hours of listening (i haven’t listened longer times after my last hum problem)

Puritan is here since a year, but today I’ve decided to pull out even bigger guns… let’s see, I will plug it in now

Attachments

• IMG_8254.jpeg
    IMG_8254.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8255.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 23, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #5,350 of 6,869
Feb 26, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #5,352 of 6,869
For anyone coming to CanJam NYC, make sure to stop by the Headphones.com table. There's going to be something quite exciting there....

P1005741-2.jpg

Feb 26, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #5,353 of 6,869
I recognise Elrogs when I see them :)

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #5,355 of 6,869
For anyone coming to CanJam NYC, make sure to stop by the Headphones.com table. There's going to be something quite exciting there....

P1005741-2.jpg
Judged by the darkness of the background - might it be the Feliks version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back