Feliks Audio ENVY
Feb 17, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #5,311 of 6,869
any recommendations for an entry to mid level power conditioner/distributor; something that works but does not cost a fortune.
Especially in the US I think the PS Audio stellar Power plant p3 is a great option.

Feb 17, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #5,312 of 6,869
I'll always vote for the Puritan PSM156. It doesn't cost a fortune and is well regarded.

I bought it more to protect my equipment rather than to hear an improvement. It's certainly not worse if not a noticable difference though. It was a pretty black background already though.

I'm not a good gauge of this though as I believe I may have "completed" audio.

Feb 17, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #5,313 of 6,869
Hi,
Has there been anyone that has used any 6dj8/6922/e88cc tubes with adapter to the stock psvane 6sn7? Quite a few adapters selling online, just wondering if its safe to use and brings some sonic difference overall. I have some nice e88cc and 6922 tubes, thinking of buying some adapters to try. Just wondering if if anyone has tried.

Thank you

Feb 18, 2024 at 7:08 AM Post #5,315 of 6,869
I got the RCA 5692 this week, replacing the stock Psvane and Linlai E-6sn7. Compared to the Psvane, the RCA are absolutely silent. As far as the sound is concerned, the RCA gives me the feeling of being in the middle of the music. The RCA also sound warmer and somehow more organic. For me a significant improvement over the Psvane but also the Linlai. I listen with the ZMF Atrium open and the Universe Lampskin pads. So far I have installed the solid mesh because I really like the warm sound. With the RCA I have now switched back to the stock mesh because the sound in the combination was a bit too warm for me.

Attachments

• IMG_2700.jpeg
    IMG_2700.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Feb 18, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #5,316 of 6,869
any recommendations for an entry to mid level power conditioner/distributor; something that works but does not cost a fortune.
+1 for puritan, it’s cheap compared to most options out there, protects my gear and improved (subjective) the sound quality (black background, stage).

I added a ground master yesterday, I’m still testing it but it looks like it’s a nice addition.

Attachments

• IMG_8161.jpeg
    IMG_8161.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 92B7F577-E4E6-4BEF-804E-99A617797022.jpeg
    92B7F577-E4E6-4BEF-804E-99A617797022.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 18, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #5,317 of 6,869
I turn on my envy in the afternoon and literally hear not even the slightest hum,when I turn it on at night I seem to hear the hum...is that even possible or coincidence?...what can be done about it if it isnt coincidence?...trying to figure this out..much appreciated

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #5,318 of 6,869
The quality of your power varies during the times of day in ways that cause the amp to hum - probably when things are busiest in your local area it hums the most - it can be solar cells of your neighbors too really mucking things up. These Envy transformers seem particularly sensitive to poor power. Although some may have gotten a bad transformer, it's more likely that many Envy owners simply discover they have crappy local power or old electrical systems in their homes and this amp will tell you that.

Feliks Envy Amp owners:

I'm currently looking to upgrade my setup, particularly focusing on optimizing the performance of my Susvara headphones. With a budget of $2000-$2500, I'm considering three potential upgrades: Danacable’s Lazuli Rhapsody, Elrog MO 300B tubes, or the PSM 156 power conditioner. If anyone has any opinions or experience, I’d love to hear it. As is, I’m leaning towards MOs because it is a sure thing improvement at least in resolution and dynamics and apparently pairs better with Susvara than standard ER300B. I’m going to be letting go of some tubes so feel free to PM if you are interested. These are catch and release and not quite right for my library but top of the line sound absolutely and great with Elrogs and WE300B.

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds...pair-just-tested-nos-catch-and-release.62875/

Feb 18, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #5,319 of 6,869
The quality of your power varies during the times of day in ways that cause the amp to hum - probably when things are busiest in your local area it hums the most - it can be solar cells of your neighbors too really mucking things up. These Envy transformers seem particularly sensitive to poor power. Although some may have gotten a bad transformer, it's more likely that many Envy owners simply discover they have crappy local power or old electrical systems in their homes and this amp will tell you that.

Feliks Envy Amp owners:

I'm currently looking to upgrade my setup, particularly focusing on optimizing the performance of my Susvara headphones. With a budget of $2000-$2500, I'm considering three potential upgrades: Danacable’s Lazuli Rhapsody, Elrog MO 300B tubes, or the PSM 156 power conditioner. If anyone has any opinions or experience, I’d love to hear it. As is, I’m leaning towards MOs because it is a sure thing improvement at least in resolution and dynamics and apparently pairs better with Susvara than standard ER300B. I’m going to be letting go of some tubes so feel free to PM if you are interested. These are catch and release and not quite right for my library but top of the line sound absolutely and great with Elrogs and WE300B.

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds...pair-just-tested-nos-catch-and-release.62875/
If you already have ER300B then I recommend some power conditioning.

The effects of my PS Audio stellar p3 vs directly to the wall are quite big

Feb 18, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #5,320 of 6,869

Feliks Envy Amp owners:

While ELrog Mo are better than ER, you will get more improvement from cleaner power, and PSM 156 is an excellent choice. It will likely improve your ER, and you may not feel the need for Mo afterwards.

Feb 19, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #5,321 of 6,869
Given everyone here's apparent propensity for tube rolling with this amp, is there much need to pay the extra for the Performance Edition?

Feb 19, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #5,322 of 6,869
I asked the same a a few pages back and I was given the following answer.
Hope it helps
I chose the performance version because I didn't want to second guess my decision later on if I had ordered the standard version. Most will probably tell you that if you're going to tube roll, get the standard version and use the savings on tubes. If you're not a tube roller or want to wait a bit, get the performance version because the Full Music tubes are pretty good and will hold you over for a little while.
I spoke to Lukasz via email and he suggested that the upgraded wiring is worth the additional cost because the cleaner the signal, the more transparent the sound. He also said that 73% of Envy sales are the Performance version. Whether the additional cost is worth it boils down to each individual and how you decide whether the additional funds are better used for upgraded tubes.
I have started tube rolling and there are improvements to be had even with the performance version just by upgrading driver tubes. I have power tubes that recently arrived that I will try for perhaps a more noticeable upgrade, but the Brimar CV4003 12AU7 tubes that I'm still burning in, added a level of detail, texture, and 3D imaging that I had not noticed with other 6SN7 tubes. I'm sure that when I put my Telefunken G73r tubes in the mix, things will get even better. I still do not regret paying extra for the performance version for my own piece of mind.

Feb 19, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #5,323 of 6,869
Given everyone here's apparent propensity for tube rolling with this amp, is there much need to pay the extra for the Performance Edition?
If you know that you're going to tube roll, you may be better off seeing if you can order the standard version without tubes and if that isn't possible with tubes and save the extra for tube rolling. I bought the performance version even though I knew I would tube roll because knowing me, I would've always wondered if I should have paid for the upgraded power tubes and copper wiring. Some will say that the upgraded Full Music tubes and copper wiring don't justify the current price difference. Whether that is true or not is an individual decision. Lukasz told me that 73% of the Envys that he has sold are the Performance version and that any improvements in the signal path are worth it in terms of the upgraded wiring. I'm ok with my decision.

Feb 19, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #5,324 of 6,869
I asked the same a a few pages back and I was given the following answer.
Hope it helps

If you know that you're going to tube roll, you may be better off seeing if you can order the standard version without tubes and if that isn't possible with tubes and save the extra for tube rolling. I bought the performance version even though I knew I would tube roll because knowing me, I would've always wondered if I should have paid for the upgraded power tubes and copper wiring. Some will say that the upgraded Full Music tubes and copper wiring don't justify the current price difference. Whether that is true or not is an individual decision. Lukasz told me that 73% of the Envys that he has sold are the Performance version and that any improvements in the signal path are worth it in terms of the upgraded wiring. I'm ok with my decision.
Don't know how I missed that a few pages back! Sorry about that, but thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back