Feliks Audio ENVY
Nov 17, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #4,861 of 6,869
I liked them but decided to keep the Elrog ER and MO instead. Now that I have the TMs and better driver tubes I should probably get the WE300B for a more complimentary tube to the TMs. My MO is just relegated as my backup pair if the TMs go kaput.

If I only could own one 300B tube and it was between MO and WE .. I would go with the MO every time. But now with the TMs, WE300B is seeming like a good addition to the arsenal.
MO was indeed awesome. I only sold to get TMs which I will still strive for once he makes another batch.

I think for my tastes I may prefer the WE300Bs though overall.

Technically they are not as strong as the mighty Elrog MOs but they sure sound sweet.

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #4,862 of 6,869
So glad you like them. I thought they would be to your taste. :L3000:

Oddly WE have now tested my tube and said its absolutely fine so I guess I needent be worried about the "popping" on warmup. They say they tested it on a number of devices and they are happy it is fine so they're sending it back to me.

Looking forward to getting it back!

I was very much enjoying them with the Melz 1578.

Happy listening.
I found a facebook post today, the owner had some we too, the blue light danced exactly the same as shown in your vid.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #4,863 of 6,869
I found a facebook post today, the used had some we too, the blue light danced exactly the same as shown in your vid.
Thanks. I guess it's a quirk of those tubes.

There were some other threads that concerned me and convinced me they had a leak.

To be fair once they warmed up they were I dead silent.

They just needed burn in I guess.

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #4,864 of 6,869
Thanks. I guess it's a quirk of those tubes.

There were some other threads that concerned me and convinced me they had a leak.

To be fair once they warmed up they were I dead silent.

They just needed burn in I guess.
I know what you mean, I got scared as hell if something is wrong with my envy (humming)… once I got it back I continued to try to find some other strange sounds… I took a few days off and now I’m able to enjoy the music again instead of trying to spot issues. The brain is a fckr in that regard…

But I had some weeks off again (got a new mobile setup) from my envy. I re listen to it tomorrow, curious how it sounds after all these weeks without it

Attachments

• IMG_7566.jpeg
    IMG_7566.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Nov 17, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #4,865 of 6,869
I know what you mean, I got scared as hell if something is wrong with my envy (humming)… once I got it back I continued to try to find some other strange sounds… I took a few days off and now I’m able to enjoy the music again instead of trying to spot issues. The brain is a fckr in that regard…

But I had some weeks off again (got a new mobile setup) from my envy. I re listen to it tomorrow, curious how it sounds after all these weeks without it
You will definitely enjoy it!

My issue is that I did have a failure of the power supply. The only failure of this kind but it made me nervous as f.

I suppose its like having a small car crash and then being nervous when you're next in a car.

I have enjoyed a lot of listening recently over a number of hours on occasion so my worry is definitely subsiding.

Hopefully I'm fully cured soon. 😷

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #4,867 of 6,869
Tubes can perform all kinds of pops, clicks, hisses which can always concern. They are almost like living things.

Had some great tubes from 1940! How on earth were they silent/perfect? They were though.

I do think "safe" or "clean" power does help. I didn't have any but now I have a Puritan 156 conditioner. I know people say they have a drastic affect on the sound (especially for DACs) but for me it was more about protecting the equipment from power surges.

Apart from tube oddities the equipment itself contains zero hum or buzz. To be fair it was probably fine before I added the conditioner.

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #4,868 of 6,869
Tubes can perform all kinds of pops, clicks, hisses which can always concern. They are almost like living things.

Had some great tubes from 1940! How on earth were they silent/perfect? They were though.

I do think "safe" or "clean" power does help. I didn't have any but now I have a Puritan 156 conditioner. I know people say they have a drastic affect on the sound (especially for DACs) but for me it was more about protecting the equipment from power surges.

Apart from tube oddities the equipment itself contains zero hum or buzz. To be fair it was probably fine before I added the conditioner.
Same, same, no regrets!

Attachments

• IMG_7523.jpeg
    IMG_7523.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Nov 17, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #4,869 of 6,869
I'm considering getting a pair of Elrogs for comparison's sake and to join the club :wink: because i dont have any imagination how the MO or TM sounds :wink: after listening to the WE
Wonder if you are able to pick them up at the factory and tour the place ... :)

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #4,870 of 6,869
Can you elaborate on the synergy? You like this combo better than WE300B + G73R?
Not better, but just as pleasing. The AN4300E is nearly as good as the WE, and the G73r seem to bring out the best of any power tube.

Also, I just got the new Deyan 4 wire adapters and they improved sound as others have said.

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #4,871 of 6,869
I'm considering getting a pair of Elrogs for comparison's sake and to join the club :wink: because i dont have any imagination how the MO or TM sounds :wink: after listening to the WE
I am inevitable.gif

Nov 18, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #4,875 of 6,869
You obviously have that ready when someone goes to WE :slight_frown:and then thinks about going to Elrog's.....at some point.
Yeah, this is a wait time but well worth it!!!!!
I've got a bot set up to auto-post it whenever it reads certain phrases.

No, it's just me with no life firing it off....lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back