Feliks Audio ENVY
Aug 14, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #4,246 of 7,128
I just reconnized that the hiss comes from the left xlr output and the hiss and buzz comes from the right xlr output, thanks why i am thinking maybe its the tube?
https://easyupload.io/m/4g06fh i upload the file if someone wants to listen to it, its extremly noticalbe from 2-3 meters away, listen at night its impossible, even at day the noise growes with the volume level

Aug 14, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #4,248 of 7,128
Have you swapped tubes L and R or tried another set of drivers and perhaps 300B?
Did not swapped the Tubes, because when i got it it was signed like that this tube goes on left and this one to the right, so put it that way, is it save to swap? Sadly i have no Tubes or drivers yet, didnt no where to start :) want to save the best for the last :)

Aug 14, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #4,251 of 7,128
Okay thanks i will give it a try! I swapped the tubes and drivers, the noise didnt changes still the same :frowning2: the high buzz was still on the right sight didnt changed with the swap.
First of all, I’m from Germany, to be exact near Nuremberg, if it’s not too far, feel free to contact me. A friend of mine is from near Frankfurt if this is better (I have to ask).

Or you can contact Thomas from the headphone shop in Heidelberg, he’s the main reseller here in Germany (great guy, beautiful shop)

Now let me get back to your problem, i tested it out moments ago, following setup:

dac -> envy (via rca and xlr) -> michi p5 -> headphones (1000v2), everything is connected behind a puritan 156 and cables are from ansuz.

There is absolute no sound or hiss like in your sound files, so it should work for you.

When listening to your file, It really sounds like a dc offset or grounding issue. You also mentioned that the same problem exists if the envy is turned off (main switch on the back).

Can you try the following:

1) remove the ac cable from the envy, is the hum still present?

2) rotate the ac plug on the wall mount (phase), is the hum still present?

3) use the same wall mount for both, envy and mono blocks, is the hum still present?

4) use different wall mounts for both, is the hum still present?

5) shut off all circuit breakers expect the one where your listening room is connected to, is the hum still present?

6) connect another head amp to the envy outs, try to listen to it via headphones, is the hum still there?

7) wake up early, or go to sleep late (up to you 😝), I had a construction site near me, It can make a big difference

Just in case before you send the envy in! To calm you down, I also send my envy to lukasz (what a great guy), it is really easy and hassle free, it took 2 weeks to have it back.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #4,253 of 7,128
Tubes are here 😁 Waiting for the adapters 😬

1692234846612.jpeg

Aug 17, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #4,255 of 7,128
I have finally completed my tube upgrade.
I'm expecting them to arrive soon...
300B,s.....Elrog ER300B and WE300B New production
6SN7,s..recommended at reasonable prices..
Sylvania 6sn7w small glass bottle
Hytron 6sn7gt

I hope that everything combines very well ... I have good vibrations ...

best regards

Sisco

Many tks to Renexx for his time and informations.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #4,256 of 7,128
Aug 18, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #4,260 of 7,128

Users who are viewing this thread

Back