Feliks Audio ENVY
Aug 13, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #4,216 of 7,119
Anyone rocking hd800s with the Envy? Curious how they compare to the Susvara when using the Envy.

Edit: Not trying to get rid of the Susvara which I love. Just seeing if worth adding a dynamic driver.
Yep, I have both and you will not regret buying a pair of hd800s phones, they scale very well with the Envy. They are marginally brighter than the Sus, not a big surprise, and have a great soundstage.

With the Sus I use high gain, but the Senn’s can be low or medium gain, depends on the drivers. Fortunately my Quads are quiet so can use medium gain, where I THINK they sound better. But if you have some slightly noisy tubes, medium gain will highlight it.

I’ve had my Senn’s many years now and am certainly biased, but IMO they hold up well to current TOTL phones, especially considering the price.

Aug 13, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #4,217 of 7,119
I just bought some Elrog 300B and I have ordered a new production WE300B for my Envy Performance
Could you tell me about 6Sn7 to combine with each brand and if possible be new production and at correct prices... and if it is with the link to the store in Europe, it would be perfect
I have a Susvaras and a Meze Empyrean and possibly a Erzetich Charybdis

Thks In advance..

Best Regards

Sisco
Currently, if you’re after new production 6sn7’s, you won’t better those that are supplied with the Envy. I cannot say from personal experience with the Envy, but the same 6sn7’s were in my Euforia AE, and they were good.

Aug 13, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #4,218 of 7,119
Hi, just got my Monoblocks and connected it to the Envy and i have a very noticalbe noise that the Envy produces, its immposibile to listen to it, the buzz, hiss, humm growes witht the volume dial, does anyone have the same issue? Talking to Feliks, they say maybe its a ground loop issue, but when i connect a different preamp to the monoblocks there is 0 noise. Used Audioquest Yukon and Water XLR Cables, no luck. Monoblocks are Cambridge EDGE M, KEF 7 Speakers and Cambridge EDGE NQ Streamer DAC Preamp.

The Envy is also producing a humm from the Transformator, i read here people saying is 0 noise, cant say that about mine, there is a noticable humm, brumm from the Envy.

When i turn on the Envy and the Monoblocks, i can hear all the warmup sounds that the Tubes are making over the Speakers, is this normal? Have the feeling that there is something wrong with the XLR Preamp Output.

Here are the Files, recorded with the Phone https://file.io/5Vkpu7QUacII
Using the Monoblocks with the Cambridge EDGE NQ Preamp you can hear the surrounding noise but the Speakers are death silent.
Using the Envy with the Susvara and the Cambridge EDGE NQ Streamer DAC works perfeclty, 0 noise over the Susvaras
Hope someone can help.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #4,219 of 7,119
Hi, just got my Monoblocks and connected it to the Envy and i have a very noticalbe noise that the Envy produces, its immposibile to listen to it, the buzz, hiss, humm growes witht the volume dial, does anyone have the same issue? Talking to Feliks, they say maybe its a ground loop issue, but when i connect a different preamp to the monoblocks there is 0 noise. Used Audioquest Yukon and Water XLR Cables, no luck. Monoblocks are Cambridge EDGE M, KEF 7 Speakers and Cambridge EDGE NQ Streamer DAC Preamp.

The Envy is also producing a humm from the Transformator, i read here people saying is 0 noise, cant say that about mine, there is a noticable humm, brumm from the Envy.

When i turn on the Envy and the Monoblocks, i can hear all the warmup sounds that the Tubes are making over the Speakers, is this normal? Have the feeling that there is something wrong with the XLR Preamp Output.

Here are the Files, recorded with the Phone https://www.file.io/RGbh/download/HMj057zvqgw7
Using the Monoblocks with the Cambridge EDGE NQ Preamp you can hear the surrounding noise but the Speakers are death silent.
Hope someone can help.
Warm up noise is normal, some sound from the transformers is also normal.

It increases or decreases with the ac quality, at least that’s my experience.

Can you test out if the noise is still notable when using rca connection?

FYI: the attached linke did not work for me

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #4,220 of 7,119

Here are the Files, recorded with the Phone https://www.file.io/RGbh/download/HMj057zvqgw7
Hope someone can help.
What is your power conditioning setup?

Aug 13, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #4,222 of 7,119
What is your power conditioning setup?
I dont have any using the Wallsockets and a ac splitter where i connect all the units, monoblocks, envy and the Streamer DAC and on the second wallmount another ac splitter for Internet, intel nuc with roon.

thinking to get the PS Audio Direct Stream Power Plant P12 dont know if its fixing my issue

Aug 13, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #4,223 of 7,119
Warm up noise is normal, some sound from the transformers is also normal.

It increases or decreases with the ac quality, at least that’s my experience.

Can you test out if the noise is still notable when using rca connection?

FYI: the attached linke did not work for me
here is the updated link https://file.io/5Vkpu7QUacII

Aug 13, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #4,224 of 7,119
I dont have any using the Wallsockets and a ac splitter where i connect all the units, monoblocks, envy and the Streamer DAC and on the second wallmount another ac splitter for Internet, intel nuc with roon.

thinking to get the PS Audio Direct Stream Power Plant P12 dont know if its fixing my issue
That may help, or a Puritan PSM156 is another excellent option.

Also, a cheap and quick means of troubleshooting is to try iFi DC blocker and GND blocker in the Envy power line. They are not as good as a “real” power conditioner, but may be enough.

Transformer hum may commonly be caused by DC contamination of your power circuit.

Aug 14, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #4,226 of 7,119
That may help, or a Puritan PSM156 is another excellent option.

Also, a cheap and quick means of troubleshooting is to try iFi DC blocker and GND blocker in the Envy power line. They are not as good as a “real” power conditioner, but may be enough.

Transformer hum may commonly be caused by DC contamination of your power circuit.
Even when the Envy is turned off, i have this high noise level, tuned the power on the back off to still noise. Is this normal?

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #4,227 of 7,119
Even when the Envy is turned off, inhabe this high noise level, tuned the power on the back off to still noise. Is this normal?

Do you mean when the Envy is in Stand-by mode (where you can turn it on/off with the blank touch button) you still hear this noise?

If the Envy is turned off at the back then I doubt it would be possible to hear any noise from the transformer. It would have to be some other piece of equipment.

I would try plugging it in somewhere else in the house to see whether the issue persists.

I have bought a PSM156 myself and it appears to give quite a clear sonic improvement to my DAC so it's worth it potentially just for that - as well as the overcurrent protection and mains filtering.

Aug 14, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #4,228 of 7,119
How would you say that the Studio B compare to Envy?
I think it’s more about synergy. Both amps are really good. I’m surprised how well the EC Studio B punches up above its cost. IMO you’re also paying for the power with the envy, which makes sense. If you don’t need the power then I don’t know if I’d own it. Both are definitely 300b amps. They have those characteristics but the EC just works better with certain headphones.
The Utopia is solid on the envy but I think it’s better off the EC. I think the same for the D8KP LE.
The Susvara is very good off the envy. Nice slam and some added warmth is welcomed. This is a great setup and I get why people love it. I’m fairly certain I’d take it over the WA33 (SE) and Sus pairing.

Only reason I’m moving on is because I love the Utopia off a DNA amp and I’m confident the D8KP LE will work very well with it too.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #4,229 of 7,119
Do you mean when the Envy is in Stand-by mode (where you can turn it on/off with the blank touch button) you still hear this noise?

If the Envy is turned off at the back then I doubt it would be possible to hear any noise from the transformer. It would have to be some other piece of equipment.

I would try plugging it in somewhere else in the house to see whether the issue persists.

I have bought a PSM156 myself and it appears to give quite a clear sonic improvement to my DAC so it's worth it potentially just for that - as well as the overcurrent protection and mains filtering.
Yes the Envy is tuned off and even the switch on the back is tuned off and I plugged one mono and I have this noise, don’t understand how it’s produced noise when the unit is off, i used rca and xlr the same, when I unplug the envy’s powercable the noise disappears, i tried another sockets no look, I have the feeling that something is wrong with the preamp out.

On the back there is a switch between rca or xlr output, if i switch to rca I still can listen over xlr.

It’s the envy performance edition with full music tubes.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #4,230 of 7,119
I see. Do you have any other power cables or sockets you can try with the Envy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back