Feliks Audio ENVY
Aug 2, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #4,126 of 6,869
Has anyone here had an opportunity to listen to a DNA stellaris and compare it to the envy? I understand that it won’t push the sus properly. Just curious how it compares with other headphones.
I only heard the Envy for a short time. I can only compare to my Stratus. Envy was more warm and lush, and Stratus is more delicate and euphoric. Donald says it's a "you are there" experience, and I have to agree.

I have not heard the Stellaris, but it's on my wish list after the Viva Egoista 845. (saving for that now)

Aug 2, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #4,129 of 6,869
Hey all, i just got my new Envy and i’m wondering if theres any guidelines for how long i can run it for burn-in before it needs a break? Or is it just full stram ahead?
From the Envy manual….

This device is not intended for continuous use for more than 8 hours. After that time the product should be turned off to cool down for the minimum time of 1 hour.

Read more: https://manuals.plus/feliks-audio/envy-headphone-tube-power-amplifier-manual#ixzz89CoRWVW0

Aug 2, 2023 at 1:45 AM Post #4,130 of 6,869
Hey all, i just got my new Envy and i’m wondering if theres any guidelines for how long i can run it for burn-in before it needs a break? Or is it just full stram ahead?
As others have said you can use it for quite a while (up to 8hrs) but personally I would just enjoy it and listen to it rather than leave it burning in.

I tend to only listen in a maximum of 4hr sessions personally but of course you may work from home like some others.

It will evolve all on its own and its not exactly unpleasant until you burn it in. I enjoyed after 5mins of warm up right out of the box with the Performance tubes.

Aug 2, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #4,131 of 6,869
Is anyone using a Chord Qutest or Hugo2 with the Envy and possibly even Susvara? I will have to sell my Weiss501 dac to be able to afford the Envy, and would need to get a cheaper dac. I’m thinking a used Qutest or Hugo2 while I save up for when Chord releases a new dac or/and new mscaler some day in the future.

I see the Qutest has output voltage option of 3V, is this enough in combination with the Susvara volume wise?

Also, coming from a SS amp (cfa3) and never really heard a good tube amp, is there anything I might miss about the SS sound with the Envy? The Envy would be a blind buy as it cannot be auditioned here in my country. It would be the performance version and it would be a good amount of time before I can upgrade tubes.

I’m a big fan of female vocals. Some favorite artists in no specific order; Natalie Merchant, Aldous Harding, Maria Mena, Aisha Badru, Sophie Zelmani, Ane Brun etc. I mostly listen to this type of music but also pop and electronic music.
All feedback and opinions are welcome

Aug 2, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #4,132 of 6,869
Is anyone using a Chord Qutest or Hugo2 with the Envy and possibly even Susvara? I will have to sell my Weiss501 dac to be able to afford the Envy, and would need to get a cheaper dac. I’m thinking a used Qutest or Hugo2 while I save up for when Chord releases a new dac or/and new mscaler some day in the future.

I see the Qutest has output voltage option of 3V, is this enough in combination with the Susvara volume wise?

Also, coming from a SS amp (cfa3) and never really heard a good tube amp, is there anything I might miss about the SS sound with the Envy? The Envy would be a blind buy as it cannot be auditioned here in my country. It would be the performance version and it would be a good amount of time before I can upgrade tubes.

I’m a big fan of female vocals. Some favorite artists in no specific order; Natalie Merchant, Aldous Harding, Maria Mena, Aisha Badru, Sophie Zelmani, Ane Brun etc. I mostly listen to this type of music but also pop and electronic music.
The Weiss is an amazing DAC, I'd recommend to wait some more until you can afford the Weiss + Envy chain

Aug 2, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #4,133 of 6,869

I rune a question together with my envy, it’s good but not outstanding! I plan to buy a Holo kte, but that is far future.

No Susvara.

I have multiple ss amps and the envy, I like both, but the envy is ear melting good in my opinion.

at my desk I use a adi 2 paired with a Phonitor, it’s generally speaking really warm and gui, but miles behind the envy.

I also hat another feliks amp here, to be honest I miss it and regret selling it, this would be an awesome amp on my working desk. On the other hand I sold it to a friend who loves it too which makes me happy too.

Long Story Short, qutest is worth the money, but I would prefer a r2r dac nowadays.

Something like a gustard r26 budget wise

Attachments

• F5101A40-A932-46F6-B5FE-E47D17858F8C.jpeg
    F5101A40-A932-46F6-B5FE-E47D17858F8C.jpeg
    842.8 KB · Views: 0
Aug 2, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #4,134 of 6,869

I used the Envy, Susvara and Chord TT2 but didn’t liked it compared to my Cambridge Edge NQ Streamer Dac, the TT2 sounds bright to overdetailed in your face and the soundstage is smaller compared to the Edge NQ, the NQ sounds very musical, relaxed, soundstage is deep, i just love listen to this combo. I use the NQ in Preamp Mode, it has 6.6v xlr output and using as DAC only is not enjoyable, in Preamp Mode I set the Volume to 50% and control the NQ with the remote and it sounds really amazing very detailed and musical and never annoying and can listen very long to it. The TT2 sounds nice in the beginning, because it’s to oberdetailed in your face but you can’t listen to it for a long time, i tried the filters but didn’t like it. I will get the Weiss 204 next week, i don’t think I will replace my Edge NQ because I really love the combo and enjoy every second and get always goosebumps. I tried the same song with the TT2 no goosebumps :). You can’t go wrong with the Envy it’s amazing ordert blind the performance edition. Hope it helps 🙌🏼

Aug 3, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #4,135 of 6,869
I used the Envy, Susvara and Chord TT2 but didn’t liked it compared to my Cambridge Edge NQ Streamer Dac, the TT2 sounds bright to overdetailed in your face and the soundstage is smaller compared to the Edge NQ, the NQ sounds very musical, relaxed, soundstage is deep, i just love listen to this combo. I use the NQ in Preamp Mode, it has 6.6v xlr output and using as DAC only is not enjoyable, in Preamp Mode I set the Volume to 50% and control the NQ with the remote and it sounds really amazing very detailed and musical and never annoying and can listen very long to it. The TT2 sounds nice in the beginning, because it’s to oberdetailed in your face but you can’t listen to it for a long time, i tried the filters but didn’t like it. I will get the Weiss 204 next week, i don’t think I will replace my Edge NQ because I really love the combo and enjoy every second and get always goosebumps. I tried the same song with the TT2 no goosebumps :). You can’t go wrong with the Envy it’s amazing ordert blind the performance edition. Hope it helps 🙌🏼
Sounds like a great combo that one.

It's great when you find the right synergy for your tastes 👌

Feliks posted this on their Facebook page:

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews...iyRrN9lpYqHPAa0DFUcI6S-j-DhrQkkEJ7IDIpMT2E3Bw

Aug 3, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #4,136 of 6,869
The Weiss is an amazing DAC, I'd recommend to wait some more until you can afford the Weiss + Envy chain
hmm.. that is also an option, problem is Im not very good at waiting when I want something:)
Thank you for your feedback, I have a friend with a hugo2 I could test before deciding on dac, and another friend has a ifi dac I could also try..

Please let us know how the Weiss 204 + Envy is compared to your Cambridge, that would be very interesting!

Aug 3, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #4,137 of 6,869
I rune a question together with my envy, it’s good but not outstanding! I plan to buy a Holo kte, but that is far future.

No Susvara.

I have multiple ss amps and the envy, I like both, but the envy is ear melting good in my opinion.

at my desk I use a adi 2 paired with a Phonitor, it’s generally speaking really warm and gui, but miles behind the envy.

I also hat another feliks amp here, to be honest I miss it and regret selling it, this would be an awesome amp on my working desk. On the other hand I sold it to a friend who loves it too which makes me happy too.

Long Story Short, qutest is worth the money, but I would prefer a r2r dac nowadays.

Something like a gustard r26 budget wise

Thank you, I had a KTE, actually sold it for the Weiss, There was something about the r2r that just didnt sound right to me, guess Im not a r2r guy:)

Aug 3, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #4,138 of 6,869
Gentlemen, I do not want to derail this famous thread but since there are very experienced people discussing matter of tubes please let me write what I need.
I would like to retube my STUDER c37 REEL to REEL recorder and also exchange old capacitors because of their age and some audible hum that appeared few months ago.
I bought full set of tubes as in photo below - 14x E188CC by Mullard (12 tubes from The same series and 1 matched pair), 4xE283CC by SIEMENS, 1x TESLA E130L AND 3X 85A2by Mullard
LANGREX made excellent job again. Cost was reasonable taking intro account current price for c37.
Of course I do not want to part with old tubes but install new set and hear how it will sound

there is a lot of tubes as above on different websites, much more expensive than mine,
my question is- would you recommend particular brands and vintages of these tubes😁???

If you consider my post inappropriate here please ignore it, but if you would be so kind as to answer my question your opinions will be most welcome, with private messages too.🏋🏼‍♂️🍷

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpeg
    IMG_0289.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Aug 4, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #4,140 of 6,869
Is anyone listening to AB-1266 Phi TC on Envy?

Does Envy have enough power to drive AB-1266 Phi TC?

I'm using Holo Bliss KTE and CFA3 with AB-1266 Phi TC and I like both amplifiers.
But I prefer CFA3 because it's more powerful than Bliss KTE.
Yes Envy is powerful enough for the AB 1266 Phi TC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back