Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Dec 16, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #13,411 of 13,846
Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #13,412 of 13,846
This is exactly my setup : tung-sol 7236 + psvane cv181t2...gorgeous match !
And yes the cv181t2 are definitely an upgrade from the 6sn7 psvane you're showing !

Dec 17, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #13,413 of 13,846
This is exactly my setup : tung-sol 7236 + psvane cv181t2...gorgeous match !
And yes the cv181t2 are definitely an upgrade from the 6sn7 psvane you're showing !
Ok ,tanks.

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #13,414 of 13,846
Hello guys! I'm seriously thinking about buying Elise. I will be traveling to Europe in June and I intend to return there with her. :). However, I've been researching a lot and I still have doubts between Elise and Woo WA2. Elise had a considerable increase in the price, costing today 1300 Euros. The Woo WA2 will stay for a long time at the same price of $ 1,190. So what improvements has Elise undergone over previous models that justify the current price? And, has anyone had the opportunity to compare Elise (model 2019) with current Woo WA2? I will appreciate any two cents received.

Feb 8, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #13,415 of 13,846
Hi,

Key upgrades are :
- an updated audio transformer
- PsVane 6SN7 driver tubes
- safety features in pre-amp circuit as well as “soft cut-off”on power on/off

Feb 9, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #13,416 of 13,846
So, Elise, at the current price, is still a better bet than Woo Wa2?

May 11, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #13,418 of 13,846
i'm using oppo pm1 into chord mscaler/TT2 with great results. i have a soft spot for the beyer dt880 600 ohm. it was my first real headphone and the most comfortable i've ever owned. my idea is to use the oppo pm1 strictly solid state with the chord gear. as a second listening option i'm considering using the chord combo with TT2 as dac into the elise. i would use the dt880 beyer with the elise as the dt880 is 600 ohms and the elise is an OTL amp. perfect match. so that's a very expensive source being fed into the elise playing a £150 headphone. i'm not interested in any of the other beyers or any other headphones for this. the dt880 600 ohm is cheap but highly revered and respected still. what does everyone think?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #13,419 of 13,846
Hey music lovers :)

I've heard that the Elise is warmer than the Euforia. Does this mean it is less detailed compared to the Euforia? I'm undecided whether to go for the Elise or the Euforia that will be paired with ZMF headphones.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #13,420 of 13,846

I've heard that the Elise is warmer than the Euforia. Does this mean it is less detailed compared to the Euforia? I'm undecided whether to go for the Elise or the Euforia that will be paired with ZMF headphones.

Interested in the answer to this too! :)

Sep 10, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #13,421 of 13,846
I just received my Elise (it is my first tube amp) and was wondering whether a hollow ringing when the headphone jack is plugged in or the headphone cable is lightly tapped is normal? With the volume knob turned all the way down, of course. The annotations to the user manual also mentions that it should not be on for more than 8 hours at once- true or, rather, Feliks Audio being overly cautious?

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #13,422 of 13,846
I don't know on the first point, but I do recall another member emailing Lukasz about the 8 hour limit and he advised to follow it to ensure the lifespan of the electronics. It's probably fine to go longer, but depending upon your listening level, you might want to limit your exposure via headphones to under 8 hours anyhow. I don't find it a limitation on a day to day basis and I definitely would not leave the amp permanently on! :)

Sep 10, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #13,423 of 13,846
I don't know on the first point, but I do recall another member emailing Lukasz about the 8 hour limit and he advised to follow it to ensure the lifespan of the electronics. It's probably fine to go longer, but depending upon your listening level, you might want to limit your exposure via headphones to under 8 hours anyhow. I don't find it a limitation on a day to day basis and I definitely would not leave the amp permanently on! :)

Thank you-- I was wondering about the 8-hour limit as time just flew the other day while I was listening to music with the Elise.

Heard that as well. I haven't let it run in the recommended 40-50 hours yet and have never heard the Euforia, maybe someone else can draw a comparision. Also got the Elise with the upgraded PSVANE tubes, which Lukasz described as "adding a bit of the edge to trebles and improving the dynamics". As for the Elise on its own with those tubes, I don't find it to lack detail.

I am currently running it with the Soekris dac1421 and am using ZMF Verite C Monkeypod headphones.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #13,424 of 13,846
I just received my Elise (it is my first tube amp) and was wondering whether a hollow ringing when the headphone jack is plugged in or the headphone cable is lightly tapped is normal? With the volume knob turned all the way down, of course. The annotations to the user manual also mentions that it should not be on for more than 8 hours at once- true or, rather, Feliks Audio being overly cautious?
This sounds like microphonics and is fairly typical, more prominent with some tubes than others. Some users apply tube dampers to mitigate but I rarely find it bothersome when playing music. BTW, congrats on the Feliks Elise... I love mine more pushing a year and a half of ownership than when I got it. Great, versatile OTL amp.

Sep 10, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #13,425 of 13,846
This sounds like microphonics and is fairly typical, more prominent with some tubes than others. Some users apply tube dampers to mitigate but I rarely find it bothersome when playing music. BTW, congrats on the Feliks Elise... I love mine more pushing a year and a half of ownership than when I got it. Great, versatile OTL amp.

That is a relief, thank you. I will swap tubes. It is a great amp, I am enjoying mine as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back