Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Sep 29, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #10,007 of 11,833
Hi guys...I have already posted this info on the Euforia thread, but it also applies here of course.

Unless you've been hibernating a while, you've probably heard the bombshell news re. F-A's difficult decision to raise thier prices across the board...and rather more than perhaps any of us expected!

For various reasons this appears to have been unavoidable alas, and which have been explained in more detail over at the Euforia thread, so I shan't replicate here.

But what I shall repeat here is the better news that non-EU countries will be exempt from the 23% VAT charge...which will help to soften the blow for some at least...

F-A have not made this decision lightly, and I personally don't envy them the difficult facts of life when trying to move a business forward - especially with the need to enter retail dealership territory, as opposed to relying on such as us here for future growth. The Feliks family deserve greater returns for all their dedicated hard work on our behalf, and I can only hope the special quality of their products is more widely recognised in a marketplace that will value their amps at the new price levels...difficult call lol!!...and I wish them all the very best of luck in this...:smile_phones:...

Sep 30, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #10,009 of 11,833
Cool video, My daughter has a jazz performance degree with double bass.
She's a music teacher now, but her love is still double bass.

And Tuba

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #10,010 of 11,833
Help. I need HELP
Hello everybody
The problem is:
As my reference valves are currently EL12, EL12 Spez (general); GEC6AS7round base (classical) for powers and definitely Tung Sol or Ken Rad 6F8g VT99 (which gave birth to VT231)

I bought this 2botled x EL12 from Telefunken to change with RSD EL12N on power seet, keeping the VT99 in place of the drivers
It turns out that the EL12 Telefunken after 10 minutes of heating begin to get out of control and twist to the point that I can not hear music. It begins to add some grain to the lows and with time they can´t handle the highs

The question I put is:
Is it because they are married to the VT99s, there is any problem with the drift in deriving so few Amperes?
1.2 + 1.2 + 0.6 + 0.6 »» 3.6A

Nov 12, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #10,018 of 11,833
Help. I need HELP
Hello everybody
The problem is:
As my reference valves are currently EL12, EL12 Spez (general); GEC6AS7round base (classical) for powers and definitely Tung Sol or Ken Rad 6F8g VT99 (which gave birth to VT231)

I bought this 2botled x EL12 from Telefunken to change with RSD EL12N on power seet, keeping the VT99 in place of the drivers
It turns out that the EL12 Telefunken after 10 minutes of heating begin to get out of control and twist to the point that I can not hear music. It begins to add some grain to the lows and with time they can´t handle the highs

The question I put is:
Is it because they are married to the VT99s, there is any problem with the drift in deriving so few Amperes?
1.2 + 1.2 + 0.6 + 0.6 »» 3.6A
Hi frederick-rea,

Just saw your post. The Telefunken EL12 are very temperamental, and a number of people have reported problems with them. It is likely that the specific tubes that you have are causing the problem. (No such problems reported with EL12N, TFK EL12 Spezial or TFK EL11),

I have noticed problems with Valvo EL12 tubes with hum, and the two Telefunken EL12 tubes I got did not work at all.

I think UT had a bad experience with an expensive NOS set. He got a replacement, but those tubes were also defective.

Nov 12, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #10,019 of 11,833
Nice to see some action here in this thread, after all it’s where I mostly got to know you wonderful bunch, buy my Elise and hang out!

While my Elise is still for sale, I bought a pair of NOS Svetlana 6H5C (6N5S) from Langrex. Apparently these are slightly different than the stock 6H13C (6N13S) powers, and both of them are slightly different than the 6AS7g, electrically speaking. The 6H5C also seem to be the ‘military version’ of the stock 6H13C, and they are also slightly more expensive. Anyway, figured that if Langrex went into the trouble of stocking them, they might be worth a try.

Does anyone have experience with it?

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #10,020 of 11,833
Really excited as I have just won an auction for a Elise, 1 year old, only has the stock tubes and a pair of GE 6as7ga but that's fine as I have a pile of 6as7g's and 6sn7's, hopefully should arrive on Wednesday, hoping it will be a good upgrade from my very good DV 336se.

Also I was thinking of buying either a pair of 6n7g's (with adapters of course!), or a air of EL3N's, anybody have any thoughts on what to get first would be greatly appreciated!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back