Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Sep 3, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #9,946 of 11,833
The TS6SN7-GTB is one of my favorite drivers. Good luck with the EL12.

Is that a R2R tape deck??? It looks really cool.

Sep 3, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #9,947 of 11,833
Sorry. I haven't heard either. Maybe check with UT on his thread. He has HD800 and I think may have heard Elear.
I own the Elear's and IMO they are a set that you need to adjust to them, but if you tube them you can chill them and as far as I know they can be a good pair for the Elise. Currently a guy well known in the review community has them, as soon as I get them back I will give you a report of how they sound with the Elise.

Mondrax

Sep 3, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #9,949 of 11,833
Sep 3, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #9,951 of 11,833
  • Good catch, in my latest pic you can see a bit of the Akai GX-630D, I recently got it for just peanuts some folks here in the US just want to clean their storage places. It works perfectly I just got and getting the reals and hub adapters. I have a plan. I also own a U-Turn Turntable, so that is part of my master plan :smile_phones: I think you know where I am going...

Keep the music going

Mondrax.

Sep 3, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #9,953 of 11,833
I have a plan. I also own a U-Turn Turntable, so that is part of my master plan :smile_phones: I think you know where I am going...

Seems like your plan is to return to the Glory Analog Days of Yester-Year :o2smile: My analog days are long gone, but many fond memories spanning 35 years :smile_phones:

Sep 3, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #9,954 of 11,833
It is fun and gives me more options to enjoy music. Pushing buttons, switching tubes, bringing down a lever on a vinyl record, and listening for example Louis Armstrong in front of you.

Don't get me wrong I like uncompressed digital formats and have some good gear to play all formats, at the end it comes down to the application and the mood I am into.

When it comes to music, no body is wrong, it is what you like.

Cheers buddy!

Mondrax

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #9,955 of 11,833
Hi all,

Today I woke to a sudden revelation. The Sylvania 6sn7gt—VT-231 are now officially my favorite pair of drivers! Yes, the Syl 6sn7w are tighter, offer a blacker background, and possibly are more resolving; but the VT-231 just do everything with so much refinement it's beyond me. Exclamations aside, I think that for the music I'm listening they are truly unique. They are rendering the mids with such a truly convincing voicing they just sounds more natural and, hence, pleasurable.

This idea crawled into my head yesterday, when I realised that not only was I listening to the VT-231 for 4 consecutive days without feeling the need to go back to the 6sn7w, but that I was actually mesmerised by the music I was listening to. Just for your reference, the said music was Scriabin: The Complete Works (Decca) and Duet (Chick Corea and Hiromi). Today I got back to the 6sn7w and guess what, I immediately felt the need to go back to the VT-231! For someone who's been so attached to the 6sn7w for so long, I can't believe I let them go over the VT-231. In the end, it looks like I'm turning into a proper tube–head, that is, putting euphonic before analytical!

Who would have figured! :dt880smile:

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #9,956 of 11,833
With the gec tube 6A S7 the Sylvania VT 231 and the RCA VT 231 from 1948 are my favorite combos to use for 6sn7s

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #9,957 of 11,833
With the gec tube 6A S7 the Sylvania DT 231 and the RCA BT 231 from 1948 are my favorite combos to use for 6s and 7s
You mean: "with the GEC 6as7 the Sylvania VT231 and the RCA VT231 from 1948 are my favorite combos to use for (?)"

—but what's that last part? EDIT: for 60's and 70's [music] maybe?

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #9,959 of 11,833
Update: Amp still showing in customs. Been 10 days since I last heard from Henryk. I also filled out a new form on the Feliks Audio website asking for any further information they may have or need.

Is that how they treat all customers? All I need is for them to say it's not gonna happen or they will get to it. I know you guys say to have patience, but some sort of communication would be nice.

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #9,960 of 11,833
Update: Amp still showing in customs. Been 10 days since I last heard from Henryk. I also filled out a new form on the Feliks Audio website asking for any further information they may have or need.

Is that how they treat all customers? All I need is for them to say it's not gonna happen or they will get to it. I know you guys say to have patience, but some sort of communication would be nice.

As I think I may have said before it took about a week for both new Elise and Euforia to get from Poland to my door. I never returned one so I have no experience with that. I doubt anyone here can help because none of us can know what is going on in Poland. If it were me, I'd be sending FA an email each day until I received a satisfactory answer and resolution - employing the squeaky wheel approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back