Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Sep 16, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #1,996 of 11,833
  This is the first time I've heard of Holo Spring DAC. 
biggrin.gif

However a quick search shows quite a special product. I mean it looks beautiful. This looks like BMW designers work on it.

A local store that deals in niche/high end speaker oriented equipment that I went to to audition some Pathos amps actually had one of those Holo Spring DACs for demo (kind of as a test to see if they should import more of their products), whilst I didn't get to listen to it at the time as I was in a bit of a hurry I can confirm it is GORGEOUS in person. It's the most beautiful DAC I've seen, granted I may be biased as I'm a fan of minimalistic/elegant designs.

Sep 16, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #1,999 of 11,833
WHAT A BUNCH OF WIMPS!!!!!!

Come on BIG TALKERS. Who's going to be the first to order Glenn's EL3N amp???????

When you do, please don't worry about me calling you a traitor and accusing you of tossing the Feliks family out on the streets begging for food. Of course, I will accuse you of all that and more, but by then you will be banned from this thread and won't be able to do anything about it.

Oh, and please remember to recycle your Elise responsibly. My shipping address will be provided on request. As soon as I get enough of them to sell and raise the money for Glenn's amp I'll be joining you.

gs1000.gif
evil_smiley.gif
popcorn.gif
L3000.gif
ksc75smile.gif

Just kidding everyone. Starting the weekend early 
atsmile.gif
beerchug.gif
basshead.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #2,000 of 11,833

Is it worth it given there cost and the trouble to make adapters for tubes that might or might not sound better then a EL3N that can be gotten for $25

Very much doubt it, Glenn...but if the price was right, lol?!!
wink_face.gif
...and some empty(?!) dark Winter days...now stop it, CJ - supposed to have finished with all this stuff...does it really ever end?!...
confused_face_2.gif
...(for the umpteenth time!!)...

Sep 16, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #2,001 of 11,833

Is it worth it given there cost and the trouble to make adapters for tubes that might or might not sound better then a EL3N that can be gotten for $25

Very much doubt it, Glenn...but if the price was right, lol?!!
wink_face.gif
...and some empty(?!) dark Winter days...now stop it, CJ - supposed to have finished with all this stuff...does it really ever end?!...
confused_face_2.gif
...(for the umpteenth time!!)...

Most people don't know what it takes to make a good adapter

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #2,005 of 11,833

Too right. I already have 10 EL3Ns and a lovely pair of C3G. So @hypnos1  make sure those EL3Ng don't sound better than these red ones. 
etysmile.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #2,006 of 11,833
Now I know whete all the tubes went!

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #2,007 of 11,833
  WHAT A BUNCH OF WIMPS!!!!!!

Come on BIG TALKERS. Who's going to be the first to order Glenn's EL3N amp???????

Had a chance about a month ago to purchase one of his EL3N amp but didn't due to various reasons
frown.gif
. I am sure one day I will get around to try his wonderful amp. Till then I will just enjoy the music with what I have.
beerchug.gif

Sep 17, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #2,010 of 11,833
My four cheap RCA 6080 tubes arrived today... initial impressions are that they certainly pair well with EL3N. At first it sounded like quite a dark combination, but on a closer listen it doesn't lack any detail. Quite weighty and warm with good bass. Better than the Mullard 6080 I have, but at this point still without the beautiful liquidity that keeps me coming back to the Chatham 6AS7G. Early days, I'll run them for a few days and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back