Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Jul 25, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #451 of 11,833
I would like to have some talks regarding power Tung Sol 7236 and stock Svetlana 6n13c with the same drivers
I received today these Tung Sol but can't say anything about it yet, having perception that they are less "airy" but very clean and 0 hum 

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #452 of 11,833
Finally received my 7236 :) Thanks to UT for the recommendation, it is amazing sounding tube, too soon to judge it'll take some time to burn in. Perfectly matched pair, I got lucky. Eric Clapton - Eric Clapton & Friends: The Breeze An Appreciation of JJ Cale, sounds so freakingly good that I don't think I need Chatham or 5998 tubes :D Another reasonably priced power tube in my collection.

T1 was delivered today but I was sleeping and I did not answer the call of the mail man, damn :D It will come next morning now, can't wait to pair the 7236 with T1, the reason I bought it for. To calm it down a bit hehe

I have an exam on 20th August, wish me luck guys, no time for head-fi but still found some time to test the tubes and T1 is almost there :D Let me know if there is a new discovery of tubes, I might be interested hehe

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #454 of 11,833
Don't touch the tubes when it's heated up. It is not as hot as the Mullard 6080.

Congrats. You'll love the T1. You heard it at my place. :)

Jul 26, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #455 of 11,833

T1 was delivered today but I was sleeping and I did not answer the call of the mail man, damn :D It will come next morning now, can't wait to pair the 7236 with T1, the reason I bought it for. To calm it down a bit hehe

So did the T1 arrived? Photos of it with your Elise and some impressions please. 
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #456 of 11,833
  Finally received my 7236 :) Thanks to UT for the recommendation, it is amazing sounding tube, too soon to judge it'll take some time to burn in. Perfectly matched pair, I got lucky. Eric Clapton - Eric Clapton & Friends: The Breeze An Appreciation of JJ Cale, sounds so freakingly good that I don't think I need Chatham or 5998 tubes :D Another reasonably priced power tube in my collection.

I have an exam on 20th August, wish me luck guys, no time for head-fi but still found some time to test the tubes and T1 is almost there :D Let me know if there is a new discovery of tubes, I might be interested hehe

Hey LR...by now you should know that nothing takes precedence over things related to Elise - not even sleep, lol!
wink_face.gif

Anyway, am really looking forward to your impressions of the T1 in your system (you've already heard them in @UntilThen's I believe...).

And why your recent statement..."Need a new DAC"?! - hope your Geek is behaving itself....(or have you been tempted with recent mention of tube DACs?!!!
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif
).

Good luck indeed for your upcoming exam - a high priority one, I take it? As for new tubes, how about you discovering one for us...we need a rest from that LOL!!...(after the exam will do!). CHEERS!

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #457 of 11,833
  Pure Magic
ELISE on Chatham JAN-6AS7G power tubes with Psvane TII Series CV181-Z as drivers listening AMBER RUBARTH -

Sessions from the 17th Ward

Full Moon In Paris

Chesky Records - Binaural+ Series

Yo f-r...this is really good.

Looking around for more examples of binaural, I can't believe the sound this guy gets from his guitar! :

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #458 of 11,833
Well guys...did any of you manage to bag a brown & round-bottom based GEC A1834 (labelled Haltron) yesterday for just $51? Not a bad price for one testing "good", I suspect...(but always helps to know precisely what 'good' means, lol!). Probably worth the punt though, especially as this version is supposed to be the best of the best...
wink_face.gif
...and it was from Poland, no less!

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #462 of 11,833
Guys...for anyone interested, I've just posted over at the other thread a very pleasant surprise I had earlier...(don't want to be told off for double-posting, lol!).

But basically it's about my impatience in seeing just how some of my previous favourite drivers compare to the EL3N...in short, my new tube DAC has worked magic on the ECC31s to a degree that has me still in a state of surprise/shock. But it's early days yet, so I need much more testing to get a proper idea of just what's going on...will hopefully be able to post the shoot-out fairly soon....

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #463 of 11,833
My impressions of ECC31 has not changed. Great sounding drivers that cost me $200 a pair NOS.

I consider these amazing drivers for Elise.

C3G
ECC31
European 6N7G
FDD20
EL3N

Users who are viewing this thread

Back