Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Feb 24, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #11,761 of 11,833
Another gratuitous pic of GEC tubes:ksc75smile:, just couldn't resist, but after ten days with this combo, as far as I'm concerned this is the pinnacle, it just does not get better this.
20210224_161541.jpg
Getting rich Scutey :) I have the GEC KT66 already and will be getting the GEC KT77 and 88.

Feb 24, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #11,762 of 11,833
Getting rich Scutey :) I have the GEC KT66 already and will be getting the GEC KT77 and 88.
Nice!, bit of a GEC love in going on here!. I've been having this daydream, I walk into a second hand shop and spot box of old tubes, and lo, what do I see in it but full of pristine GEC KT88 tubes, the proprietor doesn't know what he's got and sells them to me for £10, well a bloke can dream eh? :ksc75smile:.

Feb 24, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #11,763 of 11,833
Nice!, bit of a GEC love in going on here!. I've been having this daydream, I walk into a second hand shop and spot box of old tubes, and lo, what do I see in it but full of pristine GEC KT88 tubes, the proprietor doesn't know what he's got and sells them to me for £10, well a bloke can dream eh? :ksc75smile:.
It's a good dream except I also dream of other brands like Telefunken, Mullard etc.

Feb 24, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #11,764 of 11,833
Hi guys, I probably should have asked this before pulling the trigger on the purchase, but you know how it is.

Is the amp auto biasing the matched tubes?
As an otl amp, the recommend headphone impedance goes as low as 32ohms and I have heard it works well with certain planars like the Ayra, which kind of counter intuitive for me.
I'll be coming from a BHC+SB, anyone can comment on how much of an upgrade it would be with the elise?

Thanks!

Feb 25, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #11,765 of 11,833
Hi guys, I probably should have asked this before pulling the trigger on the purchase, but you know how it is.

Is the amp auto biasing the matched tubes?
As an otl amp, the recommend headphone impedance goes as low as 32ohms and I have heard it works well with certain planars like the Ayra, which kind of counter intuitive for me.
I'll be coming from a BHC+SB, anyone can comment on how much of an upgrade it would be with the elise?

Thanks!
Auto bias. Shouldn't be a problem with Arya but Arya might thrives on more power from another more powerful amp. Don't know. I've heard both but not together.

Feliks Elise beats the BHC + SB hands down. I've owned Elise and have heard Crack so I know but YYMV as usual.

Feb 25, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #11,766 of 11,833

Well, the perfect dream if also Alicia Vikander is the shop seller. Anyway, thinking about how lucky I am most probably I'll be stucked in traffic and when I'll manage to arrive at the shop @UntilThen's Rolls Royce will be parked outside and all the tubes will be already bought and loaded in the trunk. Well, at least I'll remain with Alicia. LOL

Feb 25, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #11,767 of 11,833
Well, the perfect dream if also Alicia Vikander is the shop seller. Anyway, thinking about how lucky I am most probably I'll be stucked in traffic and when I'll manage to arrive at the shop @UntilThen's Rolls Royce will be parked outside and all the tubes will be already bought and loaded in the trunk. Well, at least I'll remain with Alicia. LOL
Strange that I've not heard of Alicia but now that I have, you can have my Rolls Royce while I go on a date with Alicia. Hell you can even have my GEC tubes....

I want to be stranded on an island with her. You can have my tube amps and tubes.

40ab487c377bffe8fac89a39c598dc80.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #11,775 of 11,833
Just pushed the button on a secondhand Chord Hugo TT. My most expensive single purchase so far. Never had my finger hover over the buy button for so long. Still it's only money, I'm justifying purchase on money saved on petrol over the last year.🥴

Users who are viewing this thread

Back