Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Jun 21, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #8,717 of 11,833
Damm so no cycling holiday in Greece for me. :)
We do have beautiful mountains for the purpose. They come with amazing traditional settlements, some of which are remodelled into hotels! E.g., look at where I'm going early August, contrary to the mainstream preference for the islands:
http://www.booking.com/Share-Tvr6AV

35821139.jpg

Jun 21, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #8,718 of 11,833
Who the heck is in charge around here??? This place had become a nice, comfortable sleepy hollow and then the Tasmanian Dust Devil comes back into town and there is debris everywhere. So Reviewer Supremus UT gets all the glory and I have to do the dirty work of pinning his towering masterpiece to the first page - which I will do later after I have had 4 or 5 cups of coffee and performed my assigned morning domestic chores.

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #8,719 of 11,833
You are a good man pct, a little misguided perhaps,, but a good man none the less

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #8,720 of 11,833
Here is my bike - a Trek FX 2 hybrid. Costs about the same as a pair of GEC 6AS7G.

upload_2017-6-21_10-58-59.jpeg

This is a great bike. Where I live there are many abandoned railroad beds that have been paved over and made into bike and walking paths. Never more than 2% grade, and often going through beautiful wooded areas - perfect for a septuagenarian.

I go biking with a couple of friends once a week, summer and winter. Well, if it gets colder than than 37 F it gets too cold and I take a break. In addition there are many parks with paved trails, and best of all, no cars allowed, so it is pretty safe.

P1130751.JPG

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #8,722 of 11,833
The Sylvania 6sn7w are here! These came all the way from France. Their previous owner was living on "Rue du Soleil"; a good sign perhaps?
IMG_5949.JPG IMG_5950.JPG

Jun 21, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #8,723 of 11,833
Hahaha you guys never fail to amazed me. @angpsi I want to come to Greece and stay in that place where you posted that lovely accommodation. Looks like Little Red Riding Hood lives there.

And @mordy I want to come and cycle with you. Both bike and path look nice although I'm more of speed rider or ghost rider?

@pctazhp what can I say. We owe you a mountain of gratitude and will buy you that little bicycle that apsi posted. Not only did you start this thread but you stay around and maintain it. That's dedications.

@connieflyer you deserve an award too for classic one liners. Hollywood needs you as a speech writer.

Jun 21, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #8,728 of 11,833
My definition of bargain in this case would be less than the Langrex price. But I think you mentioned something like $80 per tube?

Have I misguided you again? $80 is for the single used GEC 6as7g. The NOS pair of GEC 6as7g price is classified information that is locked in the US Treasury for 50 years. Tubes of this vintage and condition deserve a spot on the fireplace, where everyone can see when they walk in through the front door.

Btw, Stavros is a gentleman and an absolutely courteous and polite person to talk to. Never condescending and always willing to discuss Head-Fi with humility. He does have one more GEC 6as7g with black base that is in good condition and other tubes. So speak to him if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back