1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by pctazhp, Jul 7, 2016.
First

Back
529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538
540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549
Next

Last
  1. angpsi
    You are excused—I kinda envy you! Looking forward to yours and @hypnos1 impressions on the impact these new DACs bring into the mix.
    TungSol and Bendix don't look like a prohibitive sum of $ to try out; if I get any money out of the EL tubes I'll probably give them a try, thanks!

2. pctazhp
    Maybe you can think of multibit as:

My apologies to Led Zeppelin for choosing Neil Sedaka over them.

PS. Glad to learn I'm don't have to be the Lone Ranger here. Maybe JT, Howie and I can be the Three Amigoes

HOWIE13 likes this.
  3. connieflyer
    go for it!

4. pctazhp
    If you are talking about morning coffee, I'm already on my second cup. :gs1000smile:

5. connieflyer
    Per your quote "
    PS. Glad to learn I'm don't have to be the Lone Ranger here. Maybe JT, Howie and I can be the Three Amigoes"
    Coffee is done for today, ripping cd's to Sony Hap s1 using multi-pass (very slow) but no errors. Ripping to Wav files for these and find them as good if not better than ripping to flac, mp3. Have plenty of room for collection now, so don't need to compress. As always ymmv

6. angpsi
    Hi all, anyone tried to EQ their headphones as per this guide? I'm enticed to try it out for myself, so I wonder whether there's any prior experience in this respect.

7. connieflyer
    If you are using Jriver or any software that uses VST plugins this is an excellent file. You can try for 21 days free gives a list of headphones that they have already eq'd
    http://www.sonarworks.com/

8. blackrain139
    Just got my Elise and I'm loving it.

For those who had the pleasure of trying different tubes on the Elise, which tubes provides the warmest tone?

I'm pairing it with the HD800 and I want to try and achieve the warm tubey sound.

The stock tubes sounds amazing with my El-8

9. angpsi
    Thanks, I'm on it!

10. Oskari
    Now add this to the pile!

Pennies from heaven

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    angpsi likes this.
  11. UntilThen
    Good to hear you are loving Elise with your HD800. For a really warm tone, try RCA 6SN7gt vt231 smoke glass and RCA 6as7g. Might be too warm. :o2smile:

12. SnapperMusicFan
    Hi All,

Many thanks for your DAC suggestions, lots to read about. Can someone please translate a Bimby/Mimby? are these Schiit DAC's too & if so which ones?

My Mullard 6080's arrived today, going to try them with the Psvanes first:)

13. HOWIE13
    Mimby=Schiit Modi Multibit
    Bimby=Schiit Bifrost Multibit.

Strictly speaking they should have had an i at the end not a y

You can read all about them on Schiit's very good website.

I am using Mimby at present and it sounds very good to me.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    SnapperMusicFan likes this.
  14. GangGang
    Have people stopped turning their Elise into a Xmas tree yet? Really hope new members don't follow these "mods"

15. pctazhp
    Recent sightings of Christmas trees in Elise-land are virtually non-existent :dt880smile:

angpsi likes this.
First

Back
529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538
540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549
Next

Last