Feliks Audio Echo (new budget OTL amp)
Jun 8, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #257 of 550
Watch live stream from Marcello Rostagni on YouTube, he talks about Clear’s synergy.
I’ve got my Echo II two days ago and I enjoy all my headphones out of it, exclusive of HE6SE V2, they need more juice, but others are amazing!
I've been eyeballing the Echo II for a couple days now. While I have looked at several reviews of the Echo I and many tout it as a decent tube amp for the budget-minded, I haven't found any reviews of it or comparisons to the Echo I and whether it is worth the extra $200-300. Could you add your thoughts on it?

Jun 18, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #258 of 550
Hey guys. Did anyone get a chance to compare the MKI with the MKII? I've read somewhere that the main difference is the extra RCAs on the MKII but not much of anything else. Hard to believe especially since an honest company like Feliks bump the price significantly between the iterations. Any thoughts are most welcome. Thanks!

Jun 21, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #259 of 550
I've been eyeballing the Echo II for a couple days now. While I have looked at several reviews of the Echo I and many tout it as a decent tube amp for the budget-minded, I haven't found any reviews of it or comparisons to the Echo I and whether it is worth the extra $200-300. Could you add your thoughts on it?
I bought Echo MKII and I haven’t heard MKI. On Feliks website it says:
“So, what is new?
  • Increased power output
  • Better pairing with low impedance/planar magnetic headphones
  • Selectable 3 audio sources
  • More effective interference isolation
  • "Mute" function
  • Refreshed looks, more scratch and fingerprints resistant finish”

Jun 22, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #260 of 550
I bought Echo MKII and I haven’t heard MKI. On Feliks website it says:
“So, what is new?
  • Increased power output
  • Better pairing with low impedance/planar magnetic headphones
  • Selectable 3 audio sources
  • More effective interference isolation
  • "Mute" function
  • Refreshed looks, more scratch and fingerprints resistant finish”
That's good to know. I just did some searching and doesn't seem like the MKI isn't available to buy new anymore.

Jun 22, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #261 of 550
That's good to know. I just did some searching and doesn't seem like the MKI isn't available to buy new anymore.
Makes sense. Typically Mk I Echos sell for around $ 550 pre-owned. In my experience, there seems to be a LOT of bang for the buck around $750-1000 new and about half of that pre-owned. I suspect the cost for major improvements in sound quality would be significant. (And oddly enough, the point of diminishing returns seems to be around $ 1000-$ 1500, not too much higher)

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #262 of 550
IMG_7492.jpeg
IMG_7493.jpeg
IMG_7494.jpeg
IMG_7495.jpeg
IMG_7496.jpeg
IMG_7497.jpeg
IMG_7499.jpeg
IMG_7500.jpeg
IMG_7501.jpeg

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #263 of 550
Planars like lots of current, not what the Echo can do, even though it might sound ok it's not ideal for the Audeze. Also the high output impedance probably isn't a good match for your Signature DXP. You really need to try it with some high impedance dynamics for your review if possible :)

Yes my Espressivo MKII sounds ok with my HE-500's but it doesn't really drive them properly, however when driving my GMP400's it's a match made in heaven.
I also would have thought Audeze headphones don't pair well the Feliks Echo .. until .. I gave my son my Echo (I replaced it with a Euforia 20th Anniversary Special Edition) and he uses it with his LCD-2's (Fazor model). The synergy is, surprisingly, outstanding. An incredibly satisfying match. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #264 of 550
Anyone have a good upgrade path from Echo?

I was considering Bottlehead Mainline but I fear it's too neutral and too similar to a solid state amp in terms of sound.

I use Echo with ZMF Vérité Open and listen to all sorts of music.

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #265 of 550
I also would have thought Audeze headphones don't pair well the Feliks Echo .. until .. I gave my son my Echo (I replaced it with a Euforia 20th Anniversary Special Edition) and he uses it with his LCD-2's (Fazor model). The synergy is, surprisingly, outstanding. An incredibly satisfying match. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.
Awesome. Echo also works very well with Kennerton Gjallarhorn.

Aug 5, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #266 of 550
Just ordered myself an Echo mkII. Will pair it with my Hifiman Sundaras until I buy new headphones.
I have a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ in my mainrig which I will replace with a Denafrips Pontus 2 which is on it's way. Ordered the Pontus 2 a week ago.
Therefore I can sell the Mytek and finance new headphones. Have been eyeballing the Focal Clear.
Any other suggestions around the same prize bracket? Or less expensive. :)

Aug 8, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #267 of 550
Hi All, I have the Feliks Echo Mk 1 variant, currently using it with my hd800s very well, but I am honestly tired of the 800s treble, may I know if I could use the focal clear with the mk 1 echo, or will it sound bad with it?

Or is there another headphone with more bass than the hd800s y'all can recommend? I heard planars are not good with the echo, so I am kinda limited in my options I think

Aug 8, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #268 of 550
Hi All, I have the Feliks Echo Mk 1 variant, currently using it with my hd800s very well, but I am honestly tired of the 800s treble, may I know if I could use the focal clear with the mk 1 echo, or will it sound bad with it?

Or is there another headphone with more bass than the hd800s y'all can recommend? I heard planars are not good with the echo, so I am kinda limited in my options I think
it starts to get a bit more expensive but the ZMF Auteur would pair really well with the feliks here :wink:

Aug 8, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #270 of 550
it starts to get a bit more expensive but the ZMF Auteur would pair really well with the feliks here :wink:
I actually got offered a trade a month ago for those, I regret declining the trade now :sweat:

But do you think it is worth the money if I were to get a new set? I was thinking of planars but I doubt I could get something decent to work with the echo mk1

I have the Feliks Audio Echo Mark II paired with the Meze Audio 99 Classics and it's a match made in heaven.

The 99 Classics are known for their ability to reproduce bass.
I'll take a look at those, but I don't think there is a meze distributor near me sadly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back