Feenix Aria Studio-Grade Gaming Headphones
Feb 22, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #17 of 38
Yoga cd2500 has been available for atleast a year. Propably more. But yoga doesn't sell to individuals, it is oem business for companies only. It makes sense that Ficher audio never started using this model. Introducing a wooden headphone would harm their business of selling wood cups for fa-003. Why no other company has sold these is beyond me. Maybe Yoga charges too much for these. I think of that as a good sign. If these really are Yogas no compromise flagships it makes sense that these cost a lot more to make than the model that fa-003 and hm5 are based on. I'm quite confident these will live up to expectations. Only thing I'm worried is that the wood cups are too resonant. That would not be a problem if the baffle comes off and users can add damping into the cups. Unless they decided to glue the baffle on to the wood...Thats unlikely though. It's been a while since I've been this exited about a new headphone release :)

Feb 26, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #18 of 38
I'm wondering if they will require an amp to sound as they are advertised.  I have a pair of Sennheiser PC350's and they need an amp but you wouldn't know it unless you read reviews by users or already have one.

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #20 of 38
I don't know why people think reading an ohm rating tells you whether a headphone needs an amp or not. The K701 is around 60-ish ohms too, and that's one of the most amp-dependent headphones know to audiophiles.

There are many factors in classifying a headphone as amp dependent or not. There is also scalability which could also improve a headphone's sound even if it wasn't hard to drive.

As for the Aria, looks lovely. Not a fan of the pads, but it looks like a legit headphone.

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #21 of 38
I don't know why people think reading an ohm rating tells you whether a headphone needs an amp or not. The K701 is around 60-ish ohms too, and that's one of the most amp-dependent headphones know to audiophiles.

There are many factors in classifying a headphone as amp dependent or not. There is also scalability which could also improve a headphone's sound even if it wasn't hard to drive.

As for the Aria, looks lovely. Not a fan of the pads, but it looks like a legit headphone.

I was just saying in terms of what the specs give.

I agree that amplification's affect on sound is based on many factors besides ohms (my somewhat recently acquired Martin Logan Mikros 90 can attest to that).

Like I said, just some speculation, and on average I believe (and correct me if im wrong) 64 ohms can usually be driven by an ipod, but amplification will make it sound its best

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #22 of 38
I got two of these exclusively from CES. Seeing as how they still arent out I put one on ebay. Sound quality Id say is better than dx1000 and 300 series. This will be one of the best wooden headhpones out there when released.. and at great value.

Jun 20, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #23 of 38
What is your relationship with dx1000? Do you like it's soundsignature? Seeing Aria has very similar specs to fa-003 I would guess it doesn't sound all that different. Fa-003 being is rather neutral and dx1000 is complete opposite so comparing those two is impossible. Have you heard fa-003 or other variations of the headphone, how does aria compare to those? What is the 300 series you are referring to? Thanks for posting though. I'm really interested to hear these someday so it's nice to have someone around who has heard these :)

EDIT: To clarify comparing fa-003 and dx1000 is not impossible but difficult due to the soundsignature differences. If I were to compare those one aspect of the sound at a time fa-003 would come out on top only in it's detail retrival abilities. Of course there is huge price difference though...

PS. This discussion should be moved to the Fullsize headphone section for better exposure. I'm sure many wooden headphone fans and owners of fa-003, hm5 etc owners would like to hear about these headphones.

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #27 of 38
I will have these in soon(4 days) and put them to the test with some music. 

lets see what they sound like boys.
popcorn.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #28 of 38

Users who are viewing this thread

Back