Feenix Aria Studio-Grade Gaming Headphones
Feb 20, 2014 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

Endcode

100+ Head-Fier
They might be gaming headphones, but they do really look beautiful. They also claim to be "audiophile level sound quality." An interesting choice of words for a gaming company to use to describe a product.
Just thought i'd bring this product up to your guys (and girls) attention.
official website:
http://www.feenixcollection.com/aria.html
feenix_aria.jpg

Feenix-Aria-Headset.jpg

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 38
I just saw these on game informer and thought I would come and see if anybody had any more info.

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 38
I just saw these on game informer and thought I would come and see if anybody had any more info.

seems like it was just announced recently. Knowing how gaming headphones usually are, I'm hoping this will be a welcome departure from the norm. Maybe in the summer when I get a little bit more money I'll buy one of these bad boys. 

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #5 of 38
Finally! I've been especting these things to pop out from somewhere for a year or so. I've spent countles hours trying to find a place to buy these. Too see these introduced as a gaming headphone thing is a surprise though. These are Yoga CD-2500. Their flagship 25th Anniversary Headphone.  Same company that does oem for fischer audio and Brainwavz. Considering how great fa-003 / cd-880 sound these might be awesome. However for that price they better be. If the price comes down a bit I will definately get these at one point.

Feb 21, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #7 of 38
Wish these could be purchased without the mic for a lower price. I hope these improve over fa-003's sound quality keeping the same amount of isolation. Structure of the headphone considered these are everything I've ever wanted. Full size closed wooden headphones with durable metal hinges and detachable cables. These are the first headphones to meet those criteria, no matter the price range. Still these better sound darn good to justify the price. Fa-003 good is not going to cut it... for 350$ these need to be comparable to ath w1000x.

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #9 of 38
On feenix homepage it says: "100% memory foam and protein leather earcushions completely surround your ear and provide unrivaled comfort and breathability."

Those earpad openings do look small though. Maybe the pads are bigger than they look in pictures...

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #10 of 38
On feenix homepage it says: "100% memory foam and protein leather earcushions completely surround your ear and provide unrivaled comfort and breathability."

Those earpad openings do look small though. Maybe the pads are bigger than they look in pictures...

The cups look more like the size of a dt770, assuming the picture is to scale

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #11 of 38
Coz I jizzed in my pants.

No seriously I did

I love wood

No doubt!

This product has got me on the edge of my seat...

Where do I order it?

Must resist....temptation....resistance is futile..

So how much are these?

I don't think I need a MIC attachment though....

Any impressions.....?

Decisions...decisions.

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #12 of 38
349$ and sold directly by feenix. Apparently they don't plan on selling them anywhere else. I've been looking for info but so far I have found nothing usefull. One guy had heard them at CES. http://www.gamingnexus.com/FullNews/CES-2014--Feenix-Collection-hands-on-impressions/Item31823.aspx        Not really profound impressions... I hope someone bites the bullet and we get some real impressions. It looks like improved version of DX1000. No more plasticky headband and non-detachable cables. Cable looks thick and similar to DX1000, not a thin rubber cable like on W1000X.

I don't need the mic either. I'd rather get the original Yoga version if it were possible. It comes with a very nice case and spare earpads. Luxurious is understatement.

Feb 22, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #14 of 38
It looks like improved version of DX1000. No more plasticky headband and non-detachable cables. Cable looks thick and similar to DX1000, not a thin rubber cable like on W1000X.  

Only in terms of headband durability and cable versatility. It'll be the best ever value in the closed headphone world if it improves on the DX1000 sound quality - heres hoping. At the very least it'd be fantastic if it can compete with the Mad Dog, Shure 1540 and W1000x etc. Looks good and if it sounds in line with that could be a winner.

Feb 22, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #15 of 38
Yep. I'm not especting these to sound as good as dx1000. I'm just hoping it is improvement over fa-003 and comparable to other closed headphones in 300$ price range. I will propably buy these in a couple of months unless we get a bunch of negative reviews before that. This whole thing is kind of hilarious. All I wanted is a metal headband woody with detachable cables and my only option is built by some taiwanese manufacturer and sold by a noname gaming company or LCD XC for 5x the price of arias?  I don't know what designers at audio technica, jvc, fostex and denon were thinking but it definately wasn't me :D

I'm thinking design process for some of the most know wooden headphones went something like this..

At JVC headquarters:

Headphone designer: "I was thinking that we should make durable headband for dx1000. Maybe lightweight aluminium would do?"

Leading headphone designer: "Metal headband!? It is only a 1000$ headphone. I doubt people expect quality materials at this price point. We use plastic! And if, or more likely when the headband breaks we make sure we don't offer replacement parts easily online like Sennheiser does.

Headphone designer: Ok, what about detachable cables then?

Lead designer: No! It allready has a fancy plug, that should be enough!

At Denon HQ:

Headphone designer: " I was thinking we should make detachable cables for our next headphone.

Lead designer: "Excellent idea! We also should ditch the classy mahogany cups, make D7100 look like beats and sound like crap. That's a hit for sure!"

At Audio Technica HQ:

Headphone designer: "I was thinking... If we are going to use that flimsy cable on W1000X we should at least make it detachable.

Lead designer: "Stop bugging me! Go back designing the W1000X ear pads. Make sure those are thin as possible and barely circumaural!

At Fostex HQ:

Headphone designer: "How about we add detachable cables on th900? Similarly priced Sennheiser and Audeze headphones have those."

Lead designer: "We're not Audeze! I'm tired of people trying to tell me what to do! When I was working with denon, people told me that I should not make the headband with one joint. And look what happened. It was fine... Only like one out of three headbands on d5000 and d7000 broke from the joint!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back