Feel like crying?
Aug 7, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's been many years.

Unexpectedly, this did it:

YouTube - Jhonny Cash - Hurt

Was never into Johnny Cash at all (and I'm still not.) He's way before my time and I never really heard anything other than the occasional: "Boy Named Sue" on some obscure country station.

Then a few months ago, a friend of mine wanted to show me the video of "Hurt" she bought for her husband. I sighed, rolled my eyes, and plonked myself down willing it to be over...
biggrin.gif

But then as soon as it started, I felt the hairs stand up on my arms, it was sooooo weird. I was totally drawn in. I've never been emotionally affected by a music video before, but this was something completely different. I can't even write about it, it's too sad. But how a 4-minute music video could be packed with that kind of raw emotion is beyond me. And I'm a cynic!

You don't even have to be a Cash fan to get the message. I wouldn't want to see it again, it depressed me
triportsad.gif
But I'm glad I got to see it once.

Aug 7, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #4 of 16
First, let me say that I like a lot of artists before my time. If you limit yourself to only what is current, you are really missing out.

I am a Cash fan..especially his Sun Studio years..however, it is practically a requirement for someone living in Memphis.
smile.gif
However, this performance really packs a punch. I was dissapointed, but not surprised, that MTV gave the video of the year to a more current artist.

Aug 7, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"We're sorry, this video is no longer available"...
frown.gif

Look on the bright side. If you'd seen it, you'd need an even sadder smiley than this
frown.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #10 of 16
He certainly did well with that song.

Didn't best the original, but still.

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He certainly did well with that song.

Didn't best the original, but still.

X2 on that, but then again I am a huge NIN fan.

Aug 8, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #15 of 16
It's sadder than Gloomy Sunday.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back