FEEL HP2000 & DIYEDEN March II DAC
May 17, 2007 at 5:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

feifan

1000+ Head-Fier
Here's something I stumbled on in eBay a few minutes ago. The seller is Otaku Cyber Convenience Store, apparently out of China. Feedback of only 9 sales (as of 16 May 2007) so no real track record. Appears legit. Check out the rest of this seller's eBay store. (Disclaimer: I'm in no way related to or associated with this seller. This post is in no way a recommendation of the seller or his products.)

FEEL HP2000 Headphone Amplifier

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-FEEL-H...QQcmdZViewItem

$400 + S/H

DIYEDEN Great March II DAC

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-DIYEDE...QQcmdZViewItem

$350 + S/H

EDIT: See the posts below (especailly Mrjabba's #5) re Otaku Cyber. Caution is advised re this seller. That is, until we hear anything different.

EDIT 5.22.07: Please see Otakukage's clarification below and my apology.

May 17, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #2 of 10
Looks identical to the HP200SE I had apart from one thing. It seems there is a tube in the rectification stage in the HP2000, while HP200SE has the socket for the tube just filled with resistors. I think its very much worth the money =]

May 17, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by feifan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's something I stumbled on in eBay a few minutes ago. The seller is Otaku Cyber Convenience Store, apparently out of China. Feedback of only 9 sales (as of 16 May 2007) so no real track record. Appears legit. Check out the rest of this seller's eBay store. (Disclaimer: I'm in no way related to or associated with this seller. This post is in no way a recommendation of the seller or his products.)

FEEL HP2000 Headphone Amplifier

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-FEEL-H...QQcmdZViewItem

$400 + S/H

DIYEDEN Great March II DAC

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-DIYEDE...QQcmdZViewItem

$350 + S/H

The seller is a member of Head-Fi : Otaku-cyber.

I have read some post from him on this forum.

May 17, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #4 of 10
Otaku-cyber seemed to be running around for a few days there trying to get his post count above 50...wonder why...
evil_smiley.gif

Nonetheless, I owned the Feel 200SE for a while, and the original Great March DAC, and felt both were excellent products, so it'd great to have a source for these.

May 17, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #5 of 10
Otaku Cyber is dishonest and a spammer.

he PMed me under the alias 'otakukage' about buying products from that ebay seller, and denied it was his business.... i don't think i was the only person he PMed either...

if you search his posts history it's pretty suspect. and he goes under other a few other aliases as well. i've reported it to jude and mbriant.

May 17, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #6 of 10
EDIT 5.22.07: Please see Otakukage's clarification below and my apology.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrjabba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Otaku Cyber is dishonest and a spammer.

he PMed me under the alias 'otakukage' about buying products from that ebay seller, and denied it was his business.... i don't think i was the only person he PMed either...

if you search his posts history it's pretty suspect. and he goes under other a few other aliases as well. i've reported it to jude and mbriant.

Thanks for this post! Some of the unknown is now known. Seems awfully coincidental that Otakukage and Otaku Cyber are both pushing the same products/business and just happen to share similar sounding names. The use of different aliases, too, raises suspicion.

Now either or both have a chance to set the record straight if they feel we're being unfair.

May 17, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

It seems there is a tube in the rectification stage in the HP2000, while HP200SE has the socket for the tube just filled with resistors.

They're not resistors, they're rectifiers. The modification was made most likely due to reliability issues.

May 23, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 10
ok mrjabba, you have pushed it too far, therefore i am showing everyone all the messages we have been exchanging and let people decide. and i am not here to defend anyone here but myself.

first message i wrote to mrjabba:

msg title: about D2.5C (CS4398) DAC
Hi Mrjabba:

i read your post
"v.nice DAC, anyone compared to zhaolu or dac-ah? they're the two dacs i'm currently thinking of buying"

i think you might be interested in checking this out on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Zhaolu...QQcmdZViewItem

you could try the best offer and usually they are quite negotiable, good luck.

yours,

otakukage

he replies:

I am going to report you to the administrators for spamming and selling through PM.

You are a stupid person, I hope your business fails and you become poor.

second message i wrote to mrjabba:

Hi Mrjabba:

If my previous private message upsets you or offend you, i am very sorry.

the reason i introduce to that ebay store is cause i tried it and saved me some money on the amp i bought by negotiating through best offer, so i pass along this information, if you consider this as spamming and selling through PM, i am sorry for sending the PM and cause the misunderstanding.

I am new to this forum and currently still learning the rules, but i did feel a great friendliness of this forum as head-fiers try to help each other out with questions and information. maybe i am wrong.

i don't own any business and i am not trying to sell anything. but please don't give degrading and offensive comments to someone u hardly know.

this will be my final PM to you and sorry to bother

yours,

otakukage

his second reply is somewhat similar to his first reply

my last message to mrjabba:

Hi Mrjabba:

Whether or not i would be banned is up to the admin. I have faith that they would review all my PMs and postings and understand I didn't do anything to abuse the rule intensionally.

I have apologized to you about my PM and that is the end of it. as a matter of fact, your words were way more offensive and abusive than mine.

otaku is a title(for those who likes anime), like audiophile(for those who likes audio equipments), just because we share the same title doesn't indicate we are the same person. would all members title start with audiophile or head- should definitely share a connection?

and lastly, regarding the word "stupid", i think "Stupid is what stupid does", and the more you use it, the more you turn into one, just MHO.

yours,

otakukage (should i change to audiophile kage?)

after that, mrjabba continues to send me messages which i never opened and deleted them

my conclusion? hostile and offensive ppl like mrjabba turns ppl away from this
forum.

(Disclaimer: I'm in no way related to or associated with this seller. This post is in no way a recommendation of the seller or his products.)

May 23, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #9 of 10
Otakukage, thank you very much (doomoo arigatoo) for the clarification. Please forgive me for my ignorance re the meaning of "otaku" and the fact that it in no way makes you the same person as Otaku Cyber. I jumped to conclusions based on what Mrjabba claimed about you and Otaku Cyber being the same person. Obviously, you're not.

Also, re the PM that you sent Mrjabba: AFAIC, it's definitely within the bounds of ethical behavior on this or any public forum to make suggestions as long as one makes clear his or her affiliation with the goods and services.

Re Mrjabba -- my guess is that he misinterpreted your PM and overreacted to it, assuming that you and the seller were one and the same person.

I read your PMs very carefully and don't see any ill will in them. In fact, I think they show amazing class and restraint.

Again, thank you for the clarification, and I hope to see many more posts from you on Head-Fi.

May 24, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #10 of 10
Unfortunately this would be my last posting indeed. And thank you feifan for your understanding on this matter. I really appreciate of you being objective and just to me.

It is never pleasant to be subjected for personal attacks. Even if I pretend nothing has happened and move on with my postings, some members would still enjoy putting me under suspicion whenever they find a chance to do so. To constantly defend my reputation was not the reason I acquired the membership. Therefore, I decide to enjoy this forum, this great pool of knowledge on hifi by being a guest reader instead.

This thread was originally started by feifan on the discussion of two amplifiers, see how it turns out. And I am guilty as well since my input was totally irrelevant to its intended subject. But since my forum ID was the subject of suspicion, I feel the need to speak of my thoughts and present the whole picture as I know it. In fact I would love to learn more about those two amps since I have not heard much about them. I wish this thread could move back onto its original subject, leaving the personal issues behind. To me it seems that would be more constructive to this forum and more beneficial to its members. Who really cares where you buy your amplifiers as long as you enjoy them??

While dealing with this issue, I was advised with some hard truth. There are many different interests in a popular hifi forum such as this one, and one of their main motive was profit. Authorized dealers, unauthorized dealers, eBay sellers, grey market importers, sponsors, etc you named it, they are all middle man with different sets of clothing, and they are in this amp business for its great deal of profits. And it is only reasonable for them or their agents to protect their interest in this forum. And when something or someone exists here and is against their interest, they would subject them to ridicules, sarcasm, attacks and suspicion. Who can blame them? It is strictly business practice.

My final point is that do not take anyone's opinions for granted, your own critical thinking is your best friend. Sometimes opinions are being shaped and manipulated on forums due to special interests. No one would refuse extra bucks in their pockets, but please treat all members with respect.

May the peace be with you.

orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back