Fedex, USPS, and UPS rock out! Where were you for 9/11?
Sep 13, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #16 of 25
I was in the 8th Grade when it happened and I was not sent home at all, in fact we stayed one hour later than normal.

Sep 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #17 of 25

Quote:
I was in the 8th Grade when it happened and I was not sent home at all, in fact we stayed one hour later than normal.

What HS did you go to, Austin?

Sep 13, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #18 of 25
I went to Riverside over here, but I was still in middle school when this happened. I went to Genslen Middle School.

Sep 13, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #19 of 25
I was in 4th grade as well. 
I just came home after playing football (I live in Israel, it was about 6PM at the time of the news report here - Israel is 7 hours ahead of NYC)
I remember my mom and my two uncles watching TV at the kitchen and my mom said there was a terrorist attack in NY, I didn't really care for it because I thought it was a small attack, and at the time Israel suffered from suicide bombings at malls, buss's etc nearly on a daily basis.

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #20 of 25
Freshman year of college, I would always fall asleep with the radio on listening to loveline, woke up in the morning to whatever dj on the radio talking very seriously about unfathomable things and we may be at war, I jumped up and turned on the tv to see one of the towers on fire. No more than five minutes later, the second plane hit. Later on, my carpool buddy called and we discussed whether or not to go to school, and we brought how enormous the holes in each tower were, and how you could even go about fixing something like that, and that EXACT moment, the first tower collapsed. At that point my mind blew up. Eventually my mom got a hold of her sister who lived in scranton, where united 93 came down, and it had actually flown low right near her house. Still vivid, I hope I never forget

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #21 of 25
I was sitting in English class listening to my teacher lecture when some staff member pulled her out of the room for a bit.  When she came back she told us that an airplane accidentally hit the twin towers, then proceeded on to lecture.  I asked her if we could turn on the tv to see what was happening, partly cause I didn't believe such a thing could happen.  When we did, we saw smoke billowing out of the tower, then saw the second plane hit a few minutes later.  We just sat in silence and watched as the towers collapsed.  I remember some of the teachers actually trying to teach later on that day but for most of us, school suddenly didn't seem to be too important.  I also remember, later on that evening, cars lined up in droves waiting to fill their gas tanks with $5 a gallon gas.   I couldn't understand why people reacted this way, and frankly still don't.  

Sep 14, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #22 of 25
When the first plane hit I was in my car on my way home from work. Came in the door, turned on the TV and within seconds saw the second plane coming.

Sep 15, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #23 of 25
It was still early AM in my time zone. My sister called me and I turned on CNN to see the second plane hit live, then both towers fell. Something didn't seem quite right to me at the time and I had major doubts concerning the explanation of the event while I was watching it happen. I also had major doubts regarding the explanations offered later by the mainstream media, all the way up through the 9-11 Commission's official report. Today I still do. The lack of a Justice Department investigation or any official examination of the forensic evidence certainly helped fuel those doubts.

Sep 16, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #24 of 25
I had had an awesome time with a girl the night before, so I was sleeping like a baby. The phone rang and woke me up. It was my mother. She started asking me if I was ok and sounded hysterical. After assuring her that all was well, she told me they were bombing New York. I was shocked! I actually shouted "What!?". She said "Put on the TV, they are telling me that they are bombing New York!". My roommates heard me talking and showed up by my side asking if all was ok. We turned on the TV to see the smoking tower. I told my mother to calm down and that I would call her back soon. About 5 minutes later, I saw the second plane hit. All of us in the apartment were sitting side by side, watching the TV in utter shock and silence. We continued to watch for the next hour or so, barely talking to one another. After an hour or so, everyone decided to go home with their own family. I didn't have a car the time, so I was forced to stay in the apartment alone for the rest of the day and evening. I remember it being eerily quiet the entire day and evening. There were no people in my apartment complex. There were no people in the street. There was no traffic nearby and no planes in the air. It's been years, but I still remember it like it was yesterday. Seems that everything I did the night before and the day of the attack is firmly entrenched in my mind. Just one of those days that you never, never forget.

Sep 16, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #25 of 25
I was at work working for a UK newspaper. Minutes after the first plane hit we were told to turn on the TV and watched the events unfold, second plane hit and I also didn't believe this was 'terrorism' in the sense the USA was unaware and unable to do anything but watch. Then the first tower was demolished, then the second, then the seventh... Needless to say that day we all had to stay later and put out a special paper that evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back