FedEx Sucks big time [RANT RANT RANT]
Dec 21, 2003 at 5:59 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by ProFingerSk8er
hum...weird..
in my area FedEx is a lot better then UPS, packages from FedEx were either on-time or early

Same here. Airborne is cream of the crop, followed by FedEx Next or 2nd day and UPS Ground.

There are actually two FedEx's. FedEx, the amazingly reliable air service we all know and love, and FedEx Ground, which was formerly RPS. FedEx rocks, FedEx Ground blows horridly. FedEx Ground's tracking system can't even correctly tell what side of the continent a package is on (I had a package in my hands and tracking still showed it in California).

Here's my take:

Next or 2nd day: FedEx
Ground: UPS or USPS

Avoid FedEx Ground at all costs, the savings it offers are simply not worth the delivery headaches. UPS has an excellent tracking system and never has given me any trouble. They are actually often conservative in their estimated date of delievery, which leads to nice suprises when you check the tracking info and see "Out for Delivery" listed under status.

Dec 21, 2003 at 6:02 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Todd R
Now that's customer service!
biggrin.gif

Fed Ex should take a lesson from Ray.

LOTS of people could learn a thing or two from the way Ray treats his customers. I have never heard anything but the highest praises for this man's integrity and customer service. I have high hopes for him and his company due to this very reason.

Dec 21, 2003 at 6:59 AM Post #18 of 22
So far my experience with Fedex has been more or less positive but fedex takes a day or two longer to get to hawaii most of the time, however i've had things delivered from the east coast reach me overnight even though i paid for two day air which as mentioned normally takes three days to hawaii. i've also noted that the fedex tracking system really blows frog vomit

UPS so far has been far more predictable with a reliable tracking system and when i pay for Two Day Air it gets to me in two days, if i pay for One Day Air it gets to me in one day every time...so far...

Dec 21, 2003 at 7:50 AM Post #19 of 22
Pound for pound, it's tough to beat USPS Express. Plus they deliver on weekends and holidays to boot.

With Hawaii unfortunately, packages may or may not make it on time. One time, I got a package overnight using UPS Overnight all the way from Rhode Island, which I totally wasn't expecting. But more often than not, 2nd day turns into 3 day delivery here, and the carrier's money back guarantee never applies to Hawaii, or Alaska.

Dec 21, 2003 at 12:53 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Todd R
I was able to contact Ray this morning. We did some trouble shooting over the phone and determined there was one leg of the 12V missing.

He was very surprised that there was a problem (as was I), but shipped a replacement amp out to me TODAY!

Now that's customer service!
biggrin.gif

Fed Ex should take a lesson from Ray.

That is great, nice to hear that everything worked out for you in the end.

Dec 21, 2003 at 2:04 PM Post #21 of 22
FedEx will never ship for me again when optional. A few years ago they shipped my dad's Dell, brand new, top-on-the-line (at the time lol) customized computer to the wrong person. While he's enjoying our computer, we're freaking out trying to get FedEx to get it back to us. It took them 2 freaking weeks to deliver it, and then they delievered it to the wrong guy. 2 weeks later they recovered it and shipped it to us, unharmed and unopened. Thank the lord the other person didn't open the thing, sell it on e-bay, or take it and run.

To all online resellers who use FedEx: do your customers a favor and ship UPS ground. Cheaper, more reliable.

Dec 23, 2003 at 3:52 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by MD1032

To all online resellers who use FedEx: do your customers a favor and ship UPS ground. Cheaper, more reliable.

I think everyone's experience is different. FedEx ground did screw up a major shipment for me (my new speakers went back and forth between Washington and New York 3 times!), so I went with UPS...who just delivered me a nicely chipped subwoofer, which was perfect when shipped.

Bah...they all suck!
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back